Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
soooo shady that sucks

Old 03-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
my rant...adding fuel to the flames!

i don't want to add fuel to the fire, but CLICK HERE for some pics of my replica impul front that i got from eric (who got it from import trenz)...yeah, the fitment was terrible. it wasn't eric's fault, he tried to help. he even gave me the $100 auto explosion charged me to re-prep it, which i thought was cool.

i took it over to import trenz themselves, and the only thing they could suggest was to take it to M1. when they called M1, they said they wouldn't touch it unless they could paint it, too (i'm not sure why). of course i couldn't get my money back since the damn thing was already painted. "he" asked me, "well, why did you have it painted if it fit so poorly?" i said, "because i wasn't there to see the test fit, the shop just painted it anyway!"

anyway, needless to say, my experience was a f*ckin' debacle, so daniel, i know where you're comin' from and why you're so frustrated. it's like people "in the industry" think they could treat their customers however they wish. why can't they all work on your car as if they know it will be on the cover of a magazine? could it be that i don't tell them that i have an endless supply of sponsor money?

before i keep going into a long rant, i ended up "modifying" the damn thing myself...in my garage...with some sandpaper and a dremel, and got a better (yet still far from perfect) fit. well, at least i thought it was better here are the PICS.

my lesson learned in all of this is to stay away from replicas. authentics aren't 100% all the time either, as i have learned from my INGS side skirts

Last edited by n1cK; 03-08-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: added some more stuff...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
I have no problem telling you I work for Import Trenz.

However I don't work in the main branch in Cali as I am outside wholesale sales.

I do not know Klumzyee or GreddySetGo personally, nor are they my customers. I did have an MR2 (years ago) but in no relation to Danny or whoever.

I did not come in here to flame you or whatever. Nor am I on G35 Driver because I like to lurk. I happen to have a M35 - I happened to also stroll in this forum to see what's all new in here. My effort is simply to get the records straightened with all of you who think one way or another.

However if you have a problem with your product, - I - have never heard of your problem until now, email me or better yet call me on my cell phone (I'll PM it to you) so that I can see about rectifying your problem.

I did not say that the Import Trenz product is the best in the world - that's an overzealous thing to say. I do however think that people need to understand more about the products and educate themselves better in this subject before just listening to other people and going by what they hear. I'm not saying that I am the know all- in fact there are numerous people on here that are more knowledgeable on composites than I am; what I do set forth however is stuff that I know for SURE, either from personal experience or seeing first hand.

There-

And please refrain from posting my work email as I don't want more junk email. If anyone wants to email my work email, that's fine, I just don't want the spammers to email me. Once again, if you or anyone have a problem with your kits, let ME know and I will attempt to fix your problem with our main office!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
maybe if your kit wasnt complete crap then i wouldnt have said what i said but you still make no effort to make me a happy customer. look at the pics look at the fitment its horrible. maiybe ill go take somemore just to show how bad it is
I don't think you've seen what is considered horrible. And this is exactly why I say customers must educate themselves before committing to purchase any products in this field.

While I'm at it.... has anyone purchased a replica kit made by any other company? If you're gonna rant about fitment, how bout you ask how people's Extreme Dimensions Top Secret front. Or the numerous other replicas of the KenStyle kit from other sellers.

From what I can judge, the kit fits fine as a replica. Don't point the gun at me and tell me anyone forced you to buy replica. The sides are slightly short, yes I see that, but you paid probably $2000 less than an authentic kit! To the untrained eye or anyone who is short of **** (yes I know a lot of car enthusiasts are **** - I am too), no one would even notice unless you pointed it out to them.

What I do see wrong is probably your center beam being not perfectly straight. I don't see why your bodyshop can't think of a simple solution as affixing a metal sheet on the inside to stick the bar straight. While I agree it is out of the ordinary to do something like that, there are numerous other solutions I could have provided you...............................

Last edited by boostinmr2; 03-08-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
Stop sugar coating your **** poor product and man up. I saw dan's kit and it was complete crap. Damn thing had a freakin hole in it!! You have done nothing (literally, you have ignored his repeated attempts to get a hold of you) to rectify this and amicably resolve this matter with dan. Instead you have decided to attack him...through a different screen name nonetheless. Pffffft.

You want to talk about different definitions, your definition of "a pretty good kit" is laughable.

Take your bush league product off these boards and STFU
I don't sugar coat crap. Nor do I work in the main office.

Now that this is set straight, any one else who has a problem contact your seller first. If they are unreachable, shoot me a PM.

And once again, I am not attacking him. I apologize if it came across that way.

Oh and also - I'd like to see your definition of pretty good when you see the thickness and clarity of an original KenStyle kit. While you are at it, take a look at a Vertex original kit for any other kit. Let's add Bomex to the mix. If you don't have experience in this field, please don't doubt my judgement on it.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 AM
i also find it funny that your name is boostinmr2
because danny has one as well and its on his site. www.int-auto.com
you know i havent seen him postin a while and look who pops up.

I am not Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have any connection to Danny!
This is my old car from the oldened days.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
from my understanding, dan called danny/importtrenz multiple times about this. how come no one ever picked up or returned his phone calls/PMs? that would have been a perfect time to suggest a body shop...
The phone is always picked up at IT. They don't have caller ID over there. This is not a mom/pop shop, they are wholesale distributors of kits of all brands.

I don't know what went on exactly between the parties (I just found this thread today), but as I just stated a few posts ago, PM me and I will resolve any further questions/problems/etc.

Pretty easy right?

PS - Always call in ahead of time to the maker of kits for recommendations fo where to take your kit. Don't make a choice of shop to take it to based on the fact that they work on Ferraris or what not - as they will charge you more than what you should have.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
The phone is always picked up at IT. They don't have caller ID over there. This is not a mom/pop shop, they are wholesale distributors of kits of all brands.

I don't know what went on exactly between the parties (I just found this thread today), but as I just stated a few posts ago, PM me and I will resolve any further questions/problems/etc.

Pretty easy right?

PS - Always call in ahead of time to the maker of kits for recommendations fo where to take your kit. Don't make a choice of shop to take it to based on the fact that they work on Ferraris or what not - as they will charge you more than what you should have.
if what you say is true, that you just found out about all this just now, then it seems like you have your ish together. you might wanna think about telling the branch out here to do the same. thanks for your time. (no sarcasm intended)

i've never done work with it, but judging from this thread only, it seems like the socal branch might need to get their ish together asap.

Last edited by Calvin; 03-08-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
I don't sugar coat crap. Nor do I work in the main office.

Now that this is set straight, any one else who has a problem contact your seller first. If they are unreachable, shoot me a PM.

And once again, I am not attacking him. I apologize if it came across that way.

Oh and also - I'd like to see your definition of pretty good when you see the thickness and clarity of an original KenStyle kit. While you are at it, take a look at a Vertex original kit for any other kit. Let's add Bomex to the mix. If you don't have experience in this field, please don't doubt my judgement on it.
I too apologize as I thought you were danny using a different screen name.

What the IT banch did by completely ignoring this customer was, to say it simply, stupid. He was lied to about the ETA on the product (he was in an accident and needed something fast) and never once did IT, or their agents, answer his pleas for help on several problems, including the physical state of the received product. It was like once they shipped it, they washed their hands of it and intentionally ignored dan pleas for assistance. To me...thats bush league operations.

I'm not trying to wildly throw isults, but the shotty customer relations IT had in this particular case was horrendous. I hope you understand this and can relate this message back to someone who can solve this issue and prevent this same thing from happening again.

For anyone that reads the FI section remembers my bout with Vortech. Eventually, they manned up and fixed my problems and restored their integrity in my eyes and the eyes of many on this (and my350z) message board. I urge you to do the same with dan.

Thanks for reading..................

Old 03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I read that g8tor20. I already PM'd Danny with my contact info so whenever he gets back to me.......

Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow this thread has really blown up O.O...

IT did have their phones screwed up for a little bit around december.. it said that they were out of the office... or ask you to dial an extension without the extension list.. I think they fixed that now.. To be honest I havnt called them since december..

I hope everything turns out alright here... Anyone with any questions regarding MY PRODUCTS or me are free to PM or call me directly any time at 626-636-6678..

- Eric

Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
pmed and emailed

Old 03-09-2007, 12:02 AM
received email- will give you a call tomorrow as it is late today already...

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
ill be in class till 2pm est

Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I just came across this thread because I was looking into purchasing a KS kit (replica or authentic). Sorry to hear about your ordeal and I hope everything works out.

Does anyone have any issues with the authentic kit from Kenstyle?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz