Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More

Did your spoiler come with the air diffuser???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 04:45 AM
|
Did your spoiler come with the air diffusers? UPDATE: Pictures of what they look like

So I decided to go with the OEM spoiler and paid the extra money. I sent someone to go pick it up for me, but before I sent him, I was on the phone with the parts guy from the dealership. I told him I wanted the aero package, OR "a spoiler and air diffuser"...and he didn't understand what air diffuser I was talking about...so after trying to explain and him not knowing what the hell I'm talking about, I just told him to get me the spoiler. Well, when I opened the package for the spoiler tonight, there was a box with it that contains the air diffusers. and I was excited...

So, my question is this, does that mean if you have spoiler from the factory then you automatically get the air diffuser? The aero package cost $550 and comes with spoiler and air diffusers. But I ordered just the spoiler and got both.

Has anyone else ordered an OEM spoiler from the parts department some time after you've purchased your vehicle? Did you get the air diffuser too?

I paid $440 for the OEM spoiler from a local infiniti dealership and I was excited when it came with the air diffuser AND new shocks.

So, I take it that all you that purchased a replica spoiler after market don't have the diffusers?

Anyone have any advice before I attempt to install the spoiler today?

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 05-02-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 04:57 AM
Well Cars that you buy from dealerships with spoilers already calculated in the invoice for the spoilers come with air diffusers. So yes, if your car is from the factory with a spoiler you automatically get air diffusers. But i thought when you buy oem spoilers from the parts departments you did not. But def replica spoilers don't get diffusers. Hope that makes sense..

Old 04-08-2007 | 05:09 AM
I bought a spoiler from the dealership, and i also had them install it for me. They told me that it comes with new shocks and diffusers, but i didn't notice anything new under my car afterwards. Also, what is the purpose of the new shocks and how do i know they installed the new ones?

Old 04-08-2007 | 07:46 AM
^^^ helps open the trunk because of
addd weight from spoiler

my aero package came with shocks/deff

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:23 AM
6MT Coupe
My factory aero pckg came with spoiler and diffusers.
Thought the upgraded shocks only came with the 'sport pckg', which you get sport pckg by default if it's a 05-07 with 6mt.
Auto it's not by default, but you can add it on as an option.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 04-08-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 11:11 AM
i bought my OEM spoiler and it came with spoiler/shocks/diffusers... i only had them install the spoiler on for me, nothing else..

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:16 AM
|
I bought opened the box last night of my spoiler and there was another box inside with 4 black plastic pieces, and I was wondering what they were and then I read the labels on them and they said "diffuser"...and also on the instruction paper where it lists the content of the box, it also says there should be 4 air diffuser pieces....AND the instruction also shows you how to install the diffusers under the vehicle....

so...if you had the spoiler added from the dealership, I recommend you looking underneath your car to make sure you did get the diffusers...retail on it was $550, and I got it for $440 cuz I work for a dealership...

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:24 AM
What is the purpose of the air diffuser?

-Sean

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:45 AM
I didn't know either,but I got you this haha......
A diffuser, in an automotive context, is usually a shaped section of the car underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties by enhancing the transition between the high-velocity airflow underneath the car and the much slower freestream airflow of the ambient atmosphere. It works by providing a space for the underbody airflow to decelerate and expand so that the boundary between the car's airflow and "external" airflow is less turbulent, and it also provides a degree of "wake infill" (the wake being a turbulent area of low pressure that is caused by the passage of the vehicle through the air; this can cause pressure drag).

As the air enters towards the front of the car it accelerates and reduces pressure. There is a second suction peak at the transition of the flat bottom and diffuser. The diffuser then eases this "high velocity" air back to normal velocity and also helps fill in the area behind the race car making the whole underbody a more efficient downforce producing device by reducing drag on the car and increasing downforce.

The aft part of a car underbody can be a diffuser. It tries to connect the underbody to the back without producing turbulences so that Bernoulli's principle applies and the pressure increases while the velocity decreases. The side and the roof end in a sharp edge, so that their pressure does not increase. Because the pressure in the back tends to equilibrate, the pressure below the car is lower than on the side and the roof of the car.

Note that the front of the car slows down the air without a diffuser making this the ideal place for an inlet. But a diffuser reduces the pressure in front of the car and thereby the amount of air pressed below the car. Sometimes a diffuser is used to let the wheel-casing also pump down the pressure below the car. Many small engine-exhausts in the back also help pumping. The exhaust from the engine compartment in the underbody can blows the air outwards by means of convergent nozzles, which reduce the pressure from the high pressure in the compartment to the low pressure below the car (the nozzle is the inverse of the diffuser).

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
I bought opened the box last night of my spoiler and there was another box inside with 4 black plastic pieces, and I was wondering what they were and then I read the labels on them and they said "diffuser"...and also on the instruction paper where it lists the content of the box, it also says there should be 4 air diffuser pieces....AND the instruction also shows you how to install the diffusers under the vehicle....

so...if you had the spoiler added from the dealership, I recommend you looking underneath your car to make sure you did get the diffusers...retail on it was $550, and I got it for $440 cuz I work for a dealership...
i got it for 450 shipped from a dealership, nd i don't work there

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Crashtest77
I didn't know either,but I got you this haha......
hahaha, thanks... Anyone have a basic understanding of what it is?

-sean

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
My factory aero pckg came with spoiler and diffusers.
Thought the upgraded shocks only came with the 'sport pckg', which you get sport pckg by default if it's a 05-07 with 6mt.
Auto it's not by default, but you can add it on as an option.
He's talking about shocks that support the trunk lid. Not shocks for the suspension.

And, the diffusers on the G are an aerodynamics piece. They keep the air flowing straight underneath the car. Whereas the air would create more turbulance if they weren't installed. It lowers the car's overall drag coefficient.

-Jerome

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:44 PM
yup my spoiler came with new shocks & diffusers.

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:20 PM
The diffusers help channel the air going under the car to reduce undercar lift making the car more stable at high speeds. I would install them if you have them.

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:31 PM
Where do the diffusers go...towards the rear or front of the car?

-sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did your spoiler come with the air diffuser???