Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Unique Door Problem; Need Opinions, Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unique Door Problem; Need Opinions, Please...

Background:
My 04 Coupe was involved in an accident a while back. The damages can be seen in the picture below. The other car scraped the passenger side of the car, and the damages look more like a bad keying. I went to a reputable body shop to get it fixed. They did a great job fixing the damages. However, it left me with a bad problem.

Unique Door Problem; Need Opinions, Please...-2.jpg

The Bad Problem:
After the body shop fixed my car, the passenger door would make an awful sound when shut. The sound is loud, distinguishable, and shouldn't be coming from a shutting door. The best way to describe this noise is to imagine the wobbling sound made when a sheet of thin metal is vibrated. Due to the wobbling sound, every passenger I have riding in the car apologizes because they think they've broken the door. This wobbling noise was not from the accident itself. It was only after the body shop fixed the damages did this noise begin.

I showed the body shop the door problem, and they sprayed sound deadener inside the door. However, the wobbling sound was unaffected. I took my car to two other body shops to see if this was fixable. They told me no.

My Questions:
1. Did they really spray sound deadener? I took apart the door panel, and took a picture into one of the holes. I have no idea what sound deadener should look like...

Unique Door Problem; Need Opinions, Please...-dsc00041.jpgUnique Door Problem; Need Opinions, Please...-dsc00040.jpg

2. I got a dreaded feeling that an entirely new door would be the only solution to getting rid of this wobbling noise. I was thinking that something like Dynamat could help? Perhaps, I can harass the original body shop to get this fixed once and for all, whatever that solution may be...

Anyways, I was hoping that someone out there in this forum may have had some sort of body shop experience or anyone who have had door problems can give me their opinions on what to do.

I'd appreciate any advice, and I thank you in advance.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure what they sprayed inside your door =0/ but i never heard or needed to do that hear for the shop i work for...

To me it sounds like they didnt re-glue your door supports and now they just wobbling around in there and when you shut your door the suction from the door closing is causing this aweful sound =0/

i would remove your interior door panel and take a nice look inside and make sure all the supoort bars are sucure/glued to your door skin

Just an idea, hope it helps you and good luck man

Joe

BTW: at the shop i work for we cut the support glue from the doors before be buff them as if you dont your doors will become waving from heat of the buffer around the glue points on the door, most people cant tell, but it happens a lot so i hope its a simple fix like re-sucuring the door supports and you can be on your happy way with your car looking and sounds right

Last edited by Scootch; 07-23-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
did they replace the skin for the keying and the looks like undercoating that they sprayed. what you are hearing is the metal springing in in out due to the fact its been worked on possiblee bondo on the outside making the skin heavy