Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Im all about the poormans black roof! Im gonna get this thing soon....besides, how many ppl really examine your roof on a daily basis?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by filanj
It isn't about anyone else. It is about you and your perspective on it. I've tried the different overlays and everyone thought they looked great from a distance, but you will stare at it every single time you go up to your car and it will irritate the **** out of you to see the tiny imperfections. Stick to your headlight and tail light overlays and you'll be fine, Pat.
That bad huh? I have the lower vailence and its seems perfect, no complaints here... but i guess thats a much smaller surface area. Anyone think this overlay might look ok in matte? Or is that pushin it?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Wow, its been a couple days since I've been on here. Let me clarify a few things. Yes, a one piece would have been cleaner. I'm sticking with a 2 piece for now, plus its much easier for the average Joe to install . If the seam really bothers you, then the obvious choice is not to get it. It hasnt affected my anticipated sales of this overlay. I WILL offer a one piece kit in the future. I just invested in a big roll of 24" vinyl, and believe me, its not cheap! Shops can do a one piece because they carry large vinyl rolls for different applications. Most importantly, they do it on the spot, they dont have to ship the stuff like me. Gotta remember to guys, This Overlay thing is mearly a hobby for me. I have a fulltime job teaching, on top of raising a 19 month old son and a 2nd one on the way in December. Plus, all the design and artwork I do on the side. My life is hectic! I work out of my garage, and use my dining table to cut, process and ship orders. I'm a one man operation, and thanks to Ryan, who does alot of installs for me locally because I dont have time to do them as much anymore. So basically, my operation is primitive compared to the big shops.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Bottom line is, I will eventually go to a one piece application pending cost effectiveness for me, and making sure I can ship them in shipping tubes durable and wide enough .

Bat™

Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Wow, its been a couple days since I've been on here. Let me clarify a few things. Yes, a one piece would have been cleaner. I'm sticking with a 2 piece for now, plus its much easier for the average Joe to install . If the seam really bothers you, then the obvious choice is not to get it. It hasnt affected my anticipated sales of this overlay. I WILL offer a one piece kit in the future. I just invested in a big roll of 24" vinyl, and believe me, its not cheap! Shops can do a one piece because they carry large vinyl rolls for different applications. Most importantly, they do it on the spot, they dont have to ship the stuff like me. Gotta remember to guys, This Overlay thing is mearly a hobby for me. I have a fulltime job teaching, on top of raising a 19 month old son and a 2nd one on the way in December. Plus, all the design and artwork I do on the side. My life is hectic! I work out of my garage, and use my dining table to cut, process and ship orders. I'm a one man operation, and thanks to Ryan, who does alot of installs for me locally because I dont have time to do them as much anymore. So basically, my operation is primitive compared to the big shops.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Bottom line is, I will eventually go to a one piece application pending cost effectiveness for me, and making sure I can ship them in shipping tubes durable and wide enough .

Bat™

Thanks Andy for the PROPS....i do locally...but if there is enough interest in an area ill be more than willing to drive there and do their installs. having 2 pieces is alot easier to install than a one piece IMO...youll need at least 2 to 4 people to install one piece to make sure everyone holds a corner and gets the roof well lubricated... once Andy starts doing the one piece ill let everyone know how easy/hard the install would be...

Thanks again Andy and to those that i did installs for and enjoyed/liked them

G35Pinoy AKA Ryan

Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CF CF CF CF CF CF CF lol hurry up lol just kiddin but seriously im down for it just let me know how much and when

Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
cf is available for $105 plus $2 shipping .

Bat™

Old 10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Very interested in 1 piece for non-sunroof car, cant wait for it to be available...

Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Bat™

Andy is it the first cf or is it the second one i saw...

Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 AM
1st one.

Bat™

Old 10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad i ran into this thread. This is definately something I will think about doing in the future. Awesome job Bat!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:14 PM

Bat™
this means CF will come in two sections?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
^^ it all depends...i think the cf might come in 2 section....but i think bat said that the cf looks good in small places...ive dealt with the cf...it looks good here and there but its up to the buyer if they want a roof in cf...but most of the pieces so far are 2 pieces... on the real you cant really tell about the seem etc... ive had alot of people say ryan did you paint your roof...then i point out that its just an overlay...and they see the small seem....if you go one piece...trust me itll be a bitch to handel and put on...but thats my 2 cents...

Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM
You don't happen to have some of these overlays in a matte black or satin black do ya?

Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Someone buy the CF overlay i want to see it............

Bat any discounts for the first one to do it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!