Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Actually, yes . Anyone?

Bat™

Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
^^ it all depends...i think the cf might come in 2 section....but i think bat said that the cf looks good in small places...ive dealt with the cf...it looks good here and there but its up to the buyer if they want a roof in cf...but most of the pieces so far are 2 pieces... on the real you cant really tell about the seem etc... ive had alot of people say ryan did you paint your roof...then i point out that its just an overlay...and they see the small seem....if you go one piece...trust me itll be a bitch to handel and put on...but thats my 2 cents...
True, you dont notice the seam unless you are looking for it! As far as cf version goes, The seam would def get lost in the cf pattern.

Bat™

Old 10-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any pictures of the CF?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM
I use just a generic faux cf vinyl, but its expensive!

Bat™

Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 AM
would it match a carbon fiber hood....or would it look different?

Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
would it match a carbon fiber hood....or would it look different?
Its pretty obvious its not real CF in person

Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any pictures of the CF?
I think you should do it and post pictures.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Is it me or is doing the roof in faux cf kinda ricey? I'm totally down with the black though! This might have been asked but can you wax the overlay? Most people unfortunately don't wash/dry their cars correctly so I can see the overlay getting crazy swirled up and black will show them off to no end.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
Is it me or is doing the roof in faux cf kinda ricey? I'm totally down with the black though! This might have been asked but can you wax the overlay? Most people unfortunately don't wash/dry their cars correctly so I can see the overlay getting crazy swirled up and black will show them off to no end.
I don't see a problem with waxing it, but you won't be able to remove any swirls. If you look at DJE44's roof overlay above, it already has a bunch of swirls and its brand new, and will only get worse

Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
I don't see a problem with waxing it, but you won't be able to remove any swirls. If you look at DJE44's roof overlay above, it already has a bunch of swirls and its brand new, and will only get worse

Yeah I saw that. People just need to be careful from the start and it won't get swirls like that. While waxing can't remove swirls, depending on what kind of wax or glaze you're using, you can most def cover them up pretty good. I didn't know if it's the same material as used for the taillights too because I got some wax on those once and it was NOT easy to get off at all.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Who on here has had a roof overlay the longest?

Please post pictures?

If not maybe I'll do the regular black film...........by the way I have other overlays and they have some swirls but its not that bad at all....

is the roof different because of it size? is that why everyone is worried of the swirls?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Who on here has had a roof overlay the longest?

Please post pictures?

If not maybe I'll do the regular black film...........by the way I have other overlays and they have some swirls but its not that bad at all....

is the roof different because of it size? is that why everyone is worried of the swirls?
ryan was the first to have it, but i think he has since installed a new one. i think the first one was a bit sloppy on the install (understandable, it was the first one).

the swirls are going to be much more noticeable on a gloss black roof overlay vs your other smoked overlays. the gloss black is going to make them much more apparent - not to mention the size of the thing. the smoked overlays are going to hide them better - that and they're smaller.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
How is the one piece coming along?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
ryan was the first to have it, but i think he has since installed a new one. i think the first one was a bit sloppy on the install (understandable, it was the first one).

the swirls are going to be much more noticeable on a gloss black roof overlay vs your other smoked overlays. the gloss black is going to make them much more apparent - not to mention the size of the thing. the smoked overlays are going to hide them better - that and they're smaller.

yea i had the very first one...installed it by myself and it was pretty sloppy since it was the first one and i thought you could do it by yourself...i redid it and people cant tell that its a vinyl overlay. the smoked overlays like cal said wont show swirls...but with the gloss black you wont see that many swirls all depends on how you clean etc...

Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
also again with the swirls...it all depends on how you install them...ill take pictures again or ask cal or grant to take pictures of my roof to show it more clearly...but depending on the tools you have to install the roof overlay it might show the streaks from your tools...i used a squeegee with a wet sock or a wet cloth on top to make it less noticeable....if you guys want more advice on installs let me know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!