Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed clear Bra today but have question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed clear Bra today but have question

I have Clear Bra installed on my new G35xS today.
I am not sure whether the installer done the job properly

Right after the installation I drove home through some nasty rain and snow. After I got home, I cleaned the front end of the car to check the installation again. What I found is a lot of dirt is collected in one spot(pic 1), which I will ask the installer to look at it. There are few spots that the edge of the bra doesn’t stick all the way to the paint (pics 2 and 3). I am wondering whether it is normal? I like to know whether other owners have the same problem?

Attached Thumbnails Installed clear Bra today but have question-picture1221-041.jpg   Installed clear Bra today but have question-picture1221-045.jpg   Installed clear Bra today but have question-picture1221-047.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
It is most likely due to the conditions you drove in after the install coupled with the bra not fully adhering to your car. When I had mine installed the guy told me to avoid washing the car for a few days since any water could potentially get under the film and cause the bra not to stick. I also had to work out a few bubbles near the edges over the first day or so, but other than that I have had no issues with mine.

You may want to have your installer look at that.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^^+1

Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by shawnost
It is most likely due to the conditions you drove in after the install coupled with the bra not fully adhering to your car. When I had mine installed the guy told me to avoid washing the car for a few days since any water could potentially get under the film and cause the bra not to stick. I also had to work out a few bubbles near the edges over the first day or so, but other than that I have had no issues with mine.

You may want to have your installer look at that.
Thanks for the info

My installer actually told me to wash the car as soon as I get home, and
wax the clear bra with turtle wax.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
It is no problem on the edges. Leave it a bit then go back to the installer, he will trim any lifted edges and it will look great. As to any bubbles, give them a few days they could dissappear.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I got my '07, they washed the car after it came back from the tint, clearbra shop, they wound up getting water under the clear film on the hood, and the job had to be re-done. So, I don't know why he recommended washing the car so soon, especially with winter weather conditions.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I had a clear bra installed on my G...

Originally Posted by ksoto
Thanks for the info

My installer actually told me to wash the car as soon as I get home, and
wax the clear bra with turtle wax.
and no problems like the OP at all.

I was told to not use any carnauba wax on the bra at all because it can cause discoloration. So I've only used the Klasse twins on the bra.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
like what everyone else said, most likely the installer will slice off the dirt edge with an x-acto blade. you'll be fine after that.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dephect
like what everyone else said, most likely the installer will slice off the dirt edge with an x-acto blade. you'll be fine after that.
Looking closer, I bet the "dirt" was there when you left the trim shop, maybe a fingerprint or something, my '04 G had a similar spot, (I had forgotten about that earlier) and that's all they did was trim it off, looked fine.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry off topic a bit. But how much is the clear bra? thanks

Old 01-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Depends on how much of your car you want to cover. I've seen prices from under $300 to over a grand.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
G35x
I paid $699 for install that included hood, fenders, bumper, lights, rear view mirrors, door edges and door cups

Old 01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the info... So u guys think it's worth it?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Same here, about $700 for the same coverage. If you are in NorCal I suggest www.invisi-bra.com (uses ventureshield product). He's the same guy that does the clear bras for Infiniti of Elk Grove (gave me the same coverage that Infiniti of Elk Grove offered at the time of purchase but for half the price).

As for cleaning and maintaining it, I ordered PLEXUS off of detailedimage.com. This is the stuff the installer recommended for keeping the clear bra clean, sparkling, and clear.

Originally Posted by treacherous
I paid $699 for install that included hood, fenders, bumper, lights, rear view mirrors, door edges and door cups

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Here's another question: my body shop recommended against installing a bra. He says dirt inevitably gets between the bra and the paint, and the paint ends up getting badly scratched.

Any truth to it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed clear Bra today but have question