Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seibon? Never again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
The big crack near the front may be from closing it, but that is still BS. The hood has NEVER been abused and I've never sat on it/slammed it hard, or anything. At this point, I don't care about the big crack near the front.

The cracks in the vents are also total BS, as Seibon is claiming they are from vibration. Vibration from what???? I know plenty of people in Vegas with CF hoods and other body parts. Guess what? They don't have any cracking issues. Seibon even said they have had race cars for years and no problems with cracking. Then why is mine cracking? I think thats bull, and if it cracks they need to figure out why and fix it, or else not sell anything at all.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't see how their customer service is bad because they denied a warranty claim.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down for them.

I tend to stay away from CF stuff because everytime I go to a meet/show, everyone with CF seems to have cracks or the clearcoat is coming off.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog
I don't see how their customer service is bad because they denied a warranty claim.
Good customer service would replace the hood unless obvious abuse had occured, and will generally side with the customer on an issues. Just look at the customer service provided by costco, they take pretty much anything back regardless of the reason

Old 02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I agree, but because they denied a warranty claim doesn't make it bad. It's not the best in the industry, but they stuck to their policy.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Good time to go back to stock though, and it will even look better IMO

Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
why dont you try calling them? i would not handle something this serious in emails. also, did you clear the parts once you got them? i wouldnt put cf on my car without additional clearcoating.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Canada, eh?

Seibon's website doesn't say anything about random cracks occuring not under warranty. Even if the big crack at the front is caused by me, there are still the tons of other cracks they are say caused by vibration. This is no where in their warranty section on their site. Their site doesn't even list a length of warranty under terms and conditions. So, it would leave me to believe they have at LEAST one year warranty with their products, and this means they HAVE to warranty a defective product. Especially when their warranty says nothing about "vibration".

Considering I work in the customer service field and I have replaced customer GPS units 3-4 months after our return policy has expired and hooked people up with Garmin warranty issues, I would AT LEAST expect I get a product they manufactured warrantied. This shows they don't stand behind their crap whatsoever.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
From all the meets Ive attended and from the cars Ive seen, I dont think I will ever put ANY carbon fiber product on my car. Ive yet to see, in my entire lifetime, a quality carbon fiber hood, or trunk, or bumper. They all have some kind of clear coat issue, or they are yellowing, or they are cracked or weave is inconsistent. CF is nice and all ....but not worth the common issues IMO.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
From all the meets Ive attended and from the cars Ive seen, I dont think I will ever put ANY carbon fiber product on my car. Ive yet to see, in my entire lifetime, a quality carbon fiber hood, or trunk, or bumper. They all have some kind of clear coat issue, or they are yellowing, or they are cracked or weave is inconsistent. CF is nice and all ....but not worth the common issues IMO.
+1, I've only seen 1 dry carbon hood that I would purchase, but its not made for a g35

Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Canada, eh?

Well GOOD news!

Seibon will be replacing my hood, and I get to have some fun with the older one. I get to physically destroy the hood, and take pictures and send to Seibon for proof. They will then send a replacement.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
^^^ yay for you...

Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian
Well GOOD news!

Seibon will be replacing my hood, and I get to have some fun with the older one. I get to physically destroy the hood, and take pictures and send to Seibon for proof. They will then send a replacement.
I would definitely try to get crafty with photoshop plus whatever trash you may have laying around in the garage that you can smash to get a free extra hood out of this. But maybe they want huge detailed pics or something...

Old 02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Canada, eh?

Too late, plus I'm an honest person. Not like me to do that :P

Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seibon? Never again.