Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No turning back now (w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should you leave the chrome areas alone where they act as reflecting panels for the lights? Meaning, the areas shown below? Otherwise, won't the light not reflect and therefore lessen your area of projection and lessen light distance?

Just asking... Looks good. Can't wait to see them finished...

Attached Thumbnails No turning back now (w/ pics)-randomcoolshot.jpg  
Old 05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'm coming out to the meet. I don't know if I'm ready to do it again just yet. I does take up a good amount of time. But here is the pics with them back on my car

Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Damn dude that came out really nice great work

Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lizard 1
Should you leave the chrome areas alone where they act as reflecting panels for the lights? Meaning, the areas shown below? Otherwise, won't the light not reflect and therefore lessen your area of projection and lessen light distance?

Just asking... Looks good. Can't wait to see them finished...
Thats a good point that I didn't think about till you said that lol. Guess I'll find out when I drive at night how it affects it.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Cubanl81
Thats a good point that I didn't think about till you said that lol. Guess I'll find out when I drive at night how it affects it.
Just wondering. Probably wouldn't look as nice, either with teh chrome rings not painted. Dude, whatever happens in terms of light output, I don't care. They look GREAT!!

I'm considering buying a set off Ebay or here and trying this project. Looks really good!

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, looks awesome. Def gonna come see it at the meet.

Wonder what thatd look like on my black G.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They look really good.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Looks great, nice work!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
Looks good man.

Is it possible to take some pictures at night to see how the lights perform without reflectors?

Thanks,
JJ

Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 PM
My guess would be that they'd perform just as well as all other lights have in the past that didn't have silver/chrome plastic reflectors extending out in front of them.

The fog/high beam housing still has its internal (read: functional) reflector, and projectors should "project", not reflect (Audi S4 projectors headlamps, for example).

Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 PM
^^^ that makes me feel better. But who needs there lights to work when you look cool lol. Its like wearing sunglasses at night, why cause you can lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow, those came out really nice. Any chance of a pic with lights on? Preferably in the daytime so we can see how the black & lighting match? Either way, black definitely looks better than chrome, especially on darker colored cars.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
My guess would be that they'd perform just as well as all other lights have in the past that didn't have silver/chrome plastic reflectors extending out in front of them.

The fog/high beam housing still has its internal (read: functional) reflector, and projectors should "project", not reflect (Audi S4 projectors headlamps, for example).
My concern is that while the projector "projects", the chrome area on the housing allowed the light to be directed at a certain way. Meaning, it reflected the light to allow optimum fanning and best direction for the light to be sent. Make sense? Not sure if I confuse myself - I know what I want to say, but words are sometimes elusive...

In any case, if the reflectors are painted black, they do not reflect and therefore a BIT of lighting can be lost. Probably not that noticeable, but I bet it becomes somewhat more narrow.

Take a flashlight. Remove the reflector and bulb. If you remove the reflector, there is still light. It cannot be directed, though. It is now wider and not focused where needed. Putting the reflector back in allows the light to be focused forward and used in a manner that is useful...

I don't know, but like he stated, who cares? They look WAY better than stock. I almost think leaving the reflectors chrome would have looked weird and somewhat out of place... They look great!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I highly doubt that painting the housing has an affect on the output. If those outer "reflectors" were important, they would have a specific shape to them like the real inner reflectors. I am talking specifically about the fog lights. As for the turn signal and projector, they should not be affected at all.

If anything, with the housings chrome, the light would bounce off, illuminating the chrome, but not really doing anything useful in terms of output.

With my blacked out lights, I have not noticed a difference between stock and modded.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow they came out great! Nice work. But just wondering..what's the point in "baking" them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No turning back now (w/ pics)