Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear-ended - Advice on how to get an aftermarket bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008 | 09:58 PM
|
Question Rear-ended - Advice on how to get an aftermarket bumper

Long story short, I was rear-ended on Thursday evening, and although the damage isn't all that bad, I think it would need to be replaced. I'll upload pics a little bit later, but the center of the bumper is a little pushed in, scratched up, is sort of punctured by their license plate, and on both sides of MY license plate, it is cracked.

So, I figure I might as well take advantage of the situation and get an aftermarket bumper out of the situation. Problem is, I've never done this before (as in via an accident), so I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I just take my car to a shop, get a quote on how much it would cost to get repaired (or replaced with an OEM bumper, which I figure would be about $800)? What do I do next? Because I want to get the Chargespeed bumper from klumzyee. I'm assuming she would go through insurance. How does this work? Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

`John

Old 08-31-2008 | 01:58 AM
|
damn I thought I'd have an answer by now, lol

Old 08-31-2008 | 02:40 AM
hmm i would think go to the dealership and get a quote their cuz i would think they would be the most expensive and show it tot he insurance company on how much the damages/repairs are going to be

Old 08-31-2008 | 04:37 AM
|
Right, but how do I go about getting an aftermarket bumper rather than an OEM part? Do the insurance companies care? Is there a trick/way around the system in which I need to do, etc etc...?

Old 08-31-2008 | 11:26 AM
u have to talk with your body shop. If the bumper is cheaper then stock usually the body shop will do bc they can get more profit.

Old 10-02-2008 | 12:35 AM
get an estimate from the guilty partys' insurance company. they prefer to cut you off a check based on their estimate on the damages, rather than have you take it to a shop and have the shop inflate the cost of repairs. after you get the check, do what you want with the money. or find a shop that would do it all for you. most shops would accomodate. after all, they do want money...