Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear Parcel Shelf Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009 | 12:43 AM
|
Optional
Rear Parcel Shelf Removal

---

Last edited by kidtronix; 10-31-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2009 | 03:53 PM
In a nutshell and in this order, remove rear seats (back and bottom), undo seat belts (front mounts only), remove the rear left and right side panels, remove rear parcel shelf.

In detail from what I can recall:

Fold down back of rear seat, lift velcro panel at back-bottom seat-back to disconnect seat back release cable. Then unbolt the rear seat back from the left and right bracket holding them in place...remove rear seat back.

To remove the lower seat cushion, I simply stood up in the car with each foot in the passenger foot wells, facing the seat. Then grasp the seat where it meets the carpets and pull straight up with some firmness until the seat pops off, it may require some effort, but I found it to be the easiest.

Next, you can undone the seatbelt mounts, pretty self explanatory, just dont loose any of the hardware, do this for the front seat belts only.

For the left and right side panels, there are a couple of bolts that hold them in, they are found behind the SRS-Airbag labels, dont worry you wont hurt any of that. Check to see if there are any other bolts holding it in as I can't recall because its been awhile. Once all bolts are removed, start to firmly pop out the panels. Do this by pulling on them from where you can, work your way from the front of the panel to the back corner.

once side panels are off, remove plastic seat back latch cover from parcel shelf, remove the child safety covers, remove any visible pop-in pins you see and then begin to lift and pop out the panel. If you have a 3rd brake light there, you will have to unplug it before you try to pull the panel out. The speaker grilles are attached so dont try to remove them.

Install is the same in reverse, just be careful with the side panels as not all of the pop-in pins will come out. So make sure you carefully remove them and put them back into the panel so you can push them in properly.

You'll need a small tip screw driver, a medium tip screw driver, a 3/8 ratchet, a 4-5" inch 3/8 extension and i think a 12mm and 14mm socket to undo everything.

Thats the best i can do from memory, the FSM is ok at depicting it all, it just requires you to visit multiple pages back and fourth.

Last edited by idrive_MD; 03-05-2009 at 10:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bigc (09-03-2011)