Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Frontline Customz, Should I?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009 | 09:31 PM
|
lol alright guys!
imma stay away
sry for asking such a noobish question haha

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:03 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
nah man.. you're good.. that's not a noob question.. that's just better judgement.. I don't know anything about paint like these other guys.. I'm just going off the examples of their work.. The site and "portfolio" (chuckles) looks rather JANKY to me.. that's all.. At the end of the day, do what you need to..

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:17 PM
If you asked what a plenium spacer was or will a 350z motor fit in our cars then I would give you **** lol. I paint every day so I know what to look for......... or in this case what to not look for

Old 03-27-2009 | 01:33 AM
Good advice, but like everyone said, look into their work. And just because you get a good price doesnt mean its a sh*tty paint job. When I tell people that I paid 600 to have a five piece bodykit prepped, painted, and installed, they cant believe it. And yes, they are certified, use a booth, its a car paint and body shop, use good paints and matched my CB PERFECTLY (right Twalls?) My buddy had a different shop who was supposedly better paint his mustang for 5k and within a few months his "House of Colors" paint started flaking off the sideskirts and creases of his bodykit. The d@mn things werent even primered underneath. So just look at their work and draw your own conclusion, but as for this place, their work is whack

Old 05-09-2009 | 11:45 PM
|
i just happend to run into frontlinecustoms website again today

and heres what i found..
(i didnt make this thread in anyway to bash on frontlinecustoms,i think the shop owner of frontline customs took my thread the wrong way)

april-30-09

i was on this forum.. g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe/278466-frontline-customz-should-i.html

all they did was talk about how i quoted this G35 $1500 to repaint the car.. i know i don't have a lot to say about it.. but it really pissed me off.. i work hard to keep my shop up and running.. if any one knew want its like to start a garage the way the world is today.. parts go up in price every day, yes i told him $1500 i would have making a lot more off this kid.. but i wanted his business.. all i been asking is ill do the work for 1,000 and you buy the paint and things i need.. ill never help any one out again. ill do the $4,000 job the next time some kid walks in the shop asking for a paint job.. sorry that's how i feel

$1,500 Sorry but I would not. I paint all day every day so I know what is low and high. Ok you need to find out a couple things.

(1) what are they doing for the money?

painting the car

(2)What are they taking off the car? or are they masking every thing?

well the kid wanted me to paint the car.. i was going to do all the work.. i was going to mask the windows and so on, i want to school for collision repair.. so i know wtf im doing...

(3) what kind of warrenty are they giving you? 1 year? 5 year? life time?

i was going to paint his car i told him i would keep his paint and when he needed me to paint the body kit i would..

(4) What paint line are they spraying with and are they certified to paint with it?

PPG every da of the week but if the customer want's something that's not that pricey then ill help them out... i go to Valley paint for all PPG and OMNI PAINT

You do get what you pay for. They might spray $80 a gallon clear coat or $600 a gallon clear. They might take every single thing of the car and paint it or tape every thing up. They might pay there painter $40 a hour because he is awsome or they might pay him $8 because he just got out of school. Paint is tricky and thats what gets people in trouble. You can paint a car out side with cheap paint and mask it all and you will love it because they spent a lot of time buffing it. But the thing is that you can all ways make paint look good............ but was it done right and will it last?

You will not care how much you save if it peeling and flacking off in 6 months. __________________

i'm the painter i own the shop.. so i really don't pay myself.. i do it to keep the shop! i like 2 stage so u think what you want

next time some one come's to a shop a ask you price's and you want there business..

Old 05-09-2009 | 11:47 PM
|
Old 05-10-2009 | 12:01 AM
The shop owner took it the wrong way, he needs to chill

Old 05-10-2009 | 12:04 AM
|
^yea i think he really took it the wrong way
i mean i made this thread to get opinions ...
thats what online forums are for i believe ?

Old 05-10-2009 | 12:07 AM
^^ yup. He needs to realize that people are going to have thoughts and opinions about quality and the price of work

Old 05-10-2009 | 01:22 AM
Well that didn't go the way it was spouse to go

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:41 AM
Half way down the post I felt like an @sshole because I know I asked all of the questions. But I should not feel that way because this guy is sensitive.

You started a thread, because you wanted to get other opinions from other people that are in to cars they way you are......... and thats it. I dont understand why what I asked for questions even offended him? You dont know paint the way a painter does so you asked about it. A painter(s) asked you some questions that you want to check in to. Why would he care that you or me wanted to know the answers? You had a friend looking out for you, you dont need to feel bad for that.

I would like to think I have friends on here as you do. So when there is somthing I dont know, I ask the people that are in to cars as much as me for the answer, opinion, advise,ect. There is nothing wrong with that, thats what G35Driver is for.

Old 05-10-2009 | 10:55 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Dude.. really, you shouldn't feel bad.. Anyone is open to doing research. Whether he asked you personally or through a thread, he was just trying to be an educated consumer.. No vendor should be insulted by their patrons being educated in what they want.. I'd think that makes their job easier.

I'd be more honored as a vendor if the patron was educated and chose me over other vendors BECAUSE I had superior products..

The only vendors that get angry when consumers do research are those that have something to hide.. They WANT ignorant consumers so they can prey on them...

You shouldn't feel bad at all bro.. You were passing on knowlege and helped me as well when selecting a paintshop.. I appreciate the knowlege..

Old 05-10-2009 | 11:10 AM
|
^i agree

Old 05-10-2009 | 04:52 PM
i actually think you woulda been ok going there...like i can see where hes coming from just having a low price...especially during economy times like these, but i see where your coming from being skeptical and all...it makes perfect sense...i think the paint guy should have given you a number to call someone who had gotten their paint done and approve of his work...just my .02 cents

Old 05-10-2009 | 05:45 PM
Bah, whether the vendor is butt hurt or not, you did the right thing by asking questions. I dont care what shop just opened or what business the guy was trying to get, $1500 for a complete paint job is ridiculously cheap. In my opinion that price was borderline MAACO pricing. Not quite as cheap, but pretty close.

I read you were also talking about pulling your moldings as well right? Does that leave holes that need to be filled? Was he going to do that too? Dont feel bad. Be glad you asked questions.

In all honesty, I could barely comprehend what he wrote anyway. Waaaaay too much broken English.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frontline Customz, Should I?