Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Frontline Customz, Should I?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Frontline Customz, Should I?

hey everyone
i just left the shop of Front Line Customz

They just opened there shop like around 12/01/08..
they quoted me $1500 to repaint the outside of my G35
As some of you may know my rear passenger quater
panel,front driver/passenger fenders have 2 tone paint
...so i just wanted to get my car repainted b/c thats just realLy
bugging me lol plus with the repaint i can finally take off my ugly side moldings lol...

is that a good price? i called many other paint shops and they
all quoted me over $3-5k to repaint the outside..
i kno the saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!"

i dont have the money to repaint my car right now but in a few
months i will..so what do you guys think should i give them a try?

heres there website
http://frontlinecustomz.webs.com/

Old 03-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
If your doubtful of them, then I would be too. I'm no paint expert but that price sounds real fishy to me compared to the other shops you checked. But it all comes down to you and since you know that "you get what you paid for" then you would be prepared for any outcome right?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
from the pics it looks like they dont use a paint booth. what type of paint do they use?...$1500 is really a cheap paint job...3k sounds about right for "correct paint job". there are only two shops in my area that i trust to paint and they both quote around 4k

Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1,500 Sorry but I would not. I paint all day every day so I know what is low and high. Ok you need to find out a couple things.

(1) what are they doing for the money?
(2)What are they taking off the car? or are they masking every thing?
(3) what kind of warrenty are they giving you? 1 year? 5 year? life time?
(4) What paint line are they spraying with and are they certified to paint with it?

You do get what you pay for. They might spray $80 a gallon clear coat or $600 a gallon clear. They might take every single thing of the car and paint it or tape every thing up. They might pay there painter $40 a hour because he is awsome or they might pay him $8 because he just got out of school. Paint is tricky and thats what gets people in trouble. You can paint a car out side with cheap paint and mask it all and you will love it because they spent a lot of time buffing it. But the thing is that you can all ways make paint look good............ but was it done right and will it last?

You will not care how much you save if it peeling and flacking off in 6 months.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey man a few things to say!

1. If you know the saying "you get what you pay for" you should def be questionable of the quality of this place, especially since you are talking about paint here! I'd have to say that getting prices that low for stuff like repainting your car are on the level of having connections to people, not on the level of a straight up quote from a shop.

2. I feel like every month you have a "new plan" for your ride. Or just a new plan in general. I think for awhile you wanted a 370z, then you were gonna sell your G and get another G, and you parted out some of the stuff from your G awhile ago but now are getting it back, etc... my *point* is that, even your sig says how much longer you have until your G is paid off, perhaps you should focus on paying off your car first instead of worrying about what next thing to mod or fix! even your title is 'im hella broke' lol!

3. if, say, you def want to spend some money fixing your car... then yea man think about it. If you are concerned about the two-tone on your paint (if i remember your thread correctly it's because it was fixed earlier before you bought it and you didn't realize when you bought it that it had been involved in an accident), then of COURSE you should be concerned with a $1500 paint job! In order for them to do the job right, they should properly blend the paint over from both front fenders into your door area, same with the rear quarter. if you just paint the part itself, it is going to stand out just as bad as your "two-tone" parts right now. $1500 sounds way too low

Hope that all made sense! And good luck with your plans for the G! Don't take my #2 the wrong way!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
thanks for your comments
yea i knew it was to cheap to be true...

ill call the shop 2morrow to find out what type of paint they use...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should custom paint it!

I would love to go that route when I have money.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
thanks for your comments
yea i knew it was to cheap to be true...

ill call the shop 2morrow to find out what type of paint they use...
^ you need to find out all the things on my list. Not just the paint line. They could spray cheep stuff and do it right and you will love it. As long as there trained in the paint line there spraying any line will work.

WHat they dont have a booth? oh boy

Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by 3Dkrup
you should custom paint it!

I would love to go that route when I have money.
ID love to do a custom paint but then they would have to take my engine out to spray the engine etc etc..thats just to must money

thats why i just want to repaint THE exterior of my G the OEM color b/c i love Diamond Graphite

Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
PPGFREAK
i didnt see a spraybooth lol..but there garage doors were closed so i wouldnt kno.
is it bad if they dont have a paint booth?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
custom paint for $1,500? lol. Just my paint cost more than that, with out clear,sand paper,tape and I sprayed it my self.

Save your your money and take it to a good shop or the dealer ship. Some were that will give you a life time warrenty. Let me know wen you are looking and come up here for the weekend and it will be worth every cent. Or pm naughty240 he must be closer to you and he would take good care of you. You drive your car every day so take it to some one that is going to do it right.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Lets see some of the work their employees have done.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
PPGFREAK
i didnt see a spraybooth lol..but there garage doors were closed so i wouldnt kno.
is it bad if they dont have a paint booth?
Imo yes its not verry good. Dont get me wrong it can be done, people do it. There is so much that plays a factor with paint, temp, air flow, lights, filters, hosses, cleaners, gun(s) ect,ect,ect

I painted a plow truck out side for this old farmer I know. It took all day in that setting and a nother holl day to buff it. At the shop it would have been done in three hours and it would look better and last longer. But yes you can paint with out a booth and make it look right.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Thats too low, i wouldnt do it

Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
they just opened not to long ago.
they said there doing it cheap to get the word out there lol...
i just dont want to spend $3-5k just to repaint the exterior of my G the same OEM Color..sigh $1500 is just right for me..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frontline Customz, Should I?