Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Have you gotten tickets for having 35% window tint on your front windows. (In CA)
Yes
33.93%
No
66.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

35% front window tint CA, have you gotten a ticket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
shane some places will let you take it off for 40 bux then you pay again to put it back on

Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
How long will we be lucky....?

Originally Posted by ShanesG
btw can you take that ish off with just a heat gun i need to take it off!!!
Shane, I can remember when you spoke perfect english....what happened? Any one that pays to have their tint taken off doesn't deserve to drive a car....any car! A monkey with a razor blade and spray bottle (water) could handle the job....5 minutes per window. Drop by I'll let you barrow my monkey....FREE! I've had 35% tint or darker for 17 years and never been stopped, that's called LUCK.
Gary

Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c
I've had 35% tint or darker for 17 years and never been stopped, that's called LUCK.
Gary
In CA, that is luck.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
FIXED IT TICKET! My friends got one

Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm in norcal if that matters.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Tint % what can you "get away with?" :)

Originally Posted by Yosef
In CA, that is luck.
That is luck, just don't ask about my record prior to that....Ouch! NorCal can't be any worse that here, go with the 35% tint (not reflective) and keep the shade open on your sunroof. That brings more light into your car and makes the windows look lighter....Good Luck!
Gary

Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouch im having the same dilemma too haha

Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
tint ur front windows man! i decided i'm going to do it

Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Really depends how much you drive your car. If its a DD your bound to go by way more cops which increases your chances severely cause thats all it takes!
Right now in CA 50% will get you pulled over. I got one tint ticket first 3 years owning the G.. Ive gotten 5 tint tickets (pulled over i would say about 8 times) in the last 6 months and im runnin 20%
Never pulled over initially for any other reason other than tint/no front plate. Six or so of the times they didnt even have a chance to see about my front plate so that leaves only tint. Ive also had a cop pull me over because I had all my windows down on the freeway (it was kinda nice out, they were down before I saw him). First thing he did was come up and say "roll up your window" and then proceed to tell me how he probably wouldnt have given me a ticket if I just had left them up and rolled by him .
So I would say yes, go for it if you are prepared for the po's to nickel and dime you to death. I dont need the government fusion centers tracking me more than they already do those bastards! CA just makes every single thing thats not perfect a ticketable offense. Just another way for them to make one of the most expensive states to live in a little more expensive

EDIT: Sunshade/or moon roof was completely open everytime i was pulled over!!

Last edited by Deftronix; 04-13-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Deftronix
Really depends how much you drive your car. If its a DD your bound to go by way more cops which increases your chances severely cause thats all it takes!
Right now in CA 50% will get you pulled over. I got one tint ticket first 3 years owning the G.. Ive gotten 5 tint tickets (pulled over i would say about 8 times) in the last 6 months and im runnin 20%
Never pulled over initially for any other reason other than tint/no front plate. Six or so of the times they didnt even have a chance to see about my front plate so that leaves only tint. Ive also had a cop pull me over because I had all my windows down on the freeway (it was kinda nice out, they were down before I saw him). First thing he did was come up and say "roll up your window" and then proceed to tell me how he probably wouldnt have given me a ticket if I just had left them up and rolled by him .
So I would say yes, go for it if you are prepared for the po's to nickel and dime you to death. I dont need the government fusion centers tracking me more than they already do those bastards! CA just makes every single thing thats not perfect a ticketable offense. Just another way for them to make one of the most expensive states to live in a little more expensive

EDIT: Sunshade/or moon roof was completely open everytime i was pulled over!!
It's my DD I want to give it a shot, but I see a lot of cop's every time I go out.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't drive with a front plate either and (knock on wood) I have yet to get pulled over for either of those.

Edit; this is my DD as well

Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
it all depends on the luck of the draw.

i have 35% in the front and I got pulled over while I was driving through a small town in CA and that pissed me off bc I saw like 4 cars pass by with darker front tints.

u basically have 2 options, u can take off the tint and just pay the fine for the fix up ticket or u can just pay the tint violation (I paid 150).

Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
umm 5% wrapped and ticketed :[ now no tint in the front. new plan 5% in the front again double limo quarters and 5% rear. and a backup camera

Old 04-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I was ticketed in Long Beach for tint several years ago. I went to show it was fixed they charged me $120. I said i thought it was a fix it ticket. They told me there were to different tint tickets - a fix it and a fix it with a fine. I asked them what was the difference and they said, "I don't know, the cop chose to fine you.... sorry." No more tint on the front windows for me.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I was thinking about going 50% up front but its not noticeable at all. I think i'm going to do 35%

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 35% front window tint CA, have you gotten a ticket?