Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I think I may get this Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yep....just gagged out loud

Old 06-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Canards are optional. I've always been interested in the rear. Seems subtle enough.

Here is a popular G with the kit...

This is also a rare kit... You can have your own theory on why. Some hate it, some like it, I just think it's interesting and have never seen it done.

I think it is funny how people say it is not a nice looking kit, looks like what they have themselves almost. It is different, I would have to have the kit installed and maybe mock tape the canards to get a pic of what I think of them. But the other kit is one of what I call the "neon" kits, makes G look like Dodge Neon. I bet the airflow out of the back bumper helps though, if it does escape out the air vents.
Otherwise, I think the Wondurous kit looks hot. Look at the "G56" that thing looks good with the kit.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still dont know which kit you're talking about that makes the G look like a civic? Not many people on here with that.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by WhosRich
I still dont know which kit you're talking about that makes the G look like a civic? Not many people on here with that.
Who is talkin bout a civic? We said NEON, as in Dodge Neon, as in all the kids that have one think they have a bad machine and it is junk, with more junk in it. Oh and it is the Sarona kit that looks like a neon.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
imo sorona is whack and that red g screams rice ebay parts....atleast from an exterior point of view lol

Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I like the nismo kinda, but everyone has one.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
I think it is funny how people say it is not a nice looking kit, looks like what they have themselves almost. It is different, I would have to have the kit installed and maybe mock tape the canards to get a pic of what I think of them. But the other kit is one of what I call the "neon" kits, makes G look like Dodge Neon. I bet the airflow out of the back bumper helps though, if it does escape out the air vents.
Otherwise, I think the Wondurous kit looks hot. Look at the "G56" that thing looks good with the kit.
Can not stop looking at those G's. I am pretty sure the blue one at least, has the 5.6 L V8 from the QX and new M. But it is also fvckin blown like a MFer. Almost get a boner everytime I think of the sheer torque and hp. Never knew it had the kit I like on it.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I like the nismo kinda, but everyone has one.
That's cuz it's AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
That's cuz it's AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME.
It is ok. But one reason I got the g instead of something like an M3 was b/c in my town when I bought my g there were maybe 2 counting mine. Now there are a lot more. I just want something that not many other people have. Besides the Nismo kit looks almost identical to the factory front end. I kinda like the Inven front bumper, but it gives the g a Lambo look.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha you have my exact taste! i got a wtb thread in the classified for an ip inven or ip nismo front

Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I like the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" type of thing.

getting something butt fvck ugly just to be diff is not an option for me.

there are many ways you can personalize your vehicle and make it look different from others even tho you have the same kit as they do. Look at all the Nismos on here, they all look different. Wheels, drop and various other things make same kit look totally different.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
I like the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" type of thing.

getting something butt fvck ugly just to be diff is not an option for me.

there are many ways you can personalize your vehicle and make it look different from others even tho you have the same kit as they do. Look at all the Nismos on here, they all look different. Wheels, drop and various other things make same kit look totally different.
but it is not ugly. I do not understand why all the guys on here talk sh*t about the GTR front bumper. I bet everyone that says they do not like it now, saw the GTR concept with that bumper and thought it was off the hook. But now they heard one other guy say it is ugly or rice and now all the sudden to be cool they say that they do not like it either. I just do not understand people anymore. People use to want to be different and not the same and people used to HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS without the influence of others, but now if you are not part of the "click", then you want to be so bad that you change your individuality just so you can be part of the "click".(and to be part of the "click" you have to like all the same things and hate the same things) BE YOURSELF AND DO AND LIKE WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, NOT YOUR BUDDY. Hell I have a hard time trying to keep wife happy, even if she doesn't like something about me or my car but I do like it, I am not going to change to become the person she wants, accept and take me like I am or leave me alone FTW.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
but it is not ugly. I do not understand why all the guys on here talk sh*t about the GTR front bumper. I bet everyone that says they do not like it now, saw the GTR concept with that bumper and thought it was off the hook. But now they heard one other guy say it is ugly or rice and now all the sudden to be cool they say that they do not like it either. I just do not understand people anymore. People use to want to be different and not the same and people used to HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS without the influence of others, but now if you are not part of the "click", then you want to be so bad that you change your individuality just so you can be part of the "click".(and to be part of the "click" you have to like all the same things and hate the same things) BE YOURSELF AND DO AND LIKE WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, NOT YOUR BUDDY. Hell I have a hard time trying to keep wife happy, even if she doesn't like something about me or my car but I do like it, I am not going to change to become the person she wants, accept and take me like I am or leave me alone FTW.
People dislike the GTR bumper because it is a tacky piece of ****, not because other people tell them not to like it. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion people dislike the GTR bumper or the kit you posted because of herd mentality, because it's just not true.

Also people here love being different, that's why you see custom metal widebodies, custom paint jobs, rare custom ordered wheels, rare engine parts, etc. But what you do not see encouraged around here are ugly body kits that make the car look worse than stock, simply for the sake of being unique. Why would I want to be different by being known as the guy with the horribly tacky bodykit? Just so I can call everybody 'haters' for me being 'unique'? That's what spineless people do to justify spending tons of money on something that looks like ****.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
People dislike the GTR bumper because it is a tacky piece of ****, not because other people tell them not to like it. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion people dislike the GTR bumper or the kit you posted because of herd mentality, because it's just not true.

Also people here love being different, that's why you see custom metal widebodies, custom paint jobs, rare custom ordered wheels, rare engine parts, etc. But what you do not see encouraged around here are ugly body kits that make the car look worse than stock, simply for the sake of being unique. Why would I want to be different by being known as the guy with the horribly tacky bodykit? Just so I can call everybody 'haters' for me being 'unique'? That's what spineless people do to justify spending tons of money on something that looks like ****.
I am far from spineless. 10 years ago I started a business on the last $2000 to my name. I have since grown into a nice size business. I guess the point that I trying to make is what is so bad about the kit? It looks similar to most of the others with the wide middle and "brake cooling" ducts to the side. It just has less of a JDM warrior or weapon r style to it. It is more subtle, smooth, sexy, and stylish. Not all BLAM IN UR FACE. That is the style that I like, that is also why I am partial to the inven front bumper also, it has factory type styling but smooth and subtle. The only thing about that front bumper is the whole if I wanted a Lambo, I would steal a Lambo (can not afford one). But it is still nice. The Nismo kit is just played out, doesn't matter what you say about different wheels, drops, colors, color combos, even different rear bumper, it still looks the same and just simply played more than Paris Hilton at a hookers ball. Oh and one of the reasons I really like the kit is b/c it is not a TON of money. $450 for a full kit sounds pretty good to me. Most kits are $400 for front bumper. Oh and the Kenstyle rear bumper, I just am not fan of. Again, everyone has it, and I just do not like the style of it, to in your face for me. I really like some of the wide body kits, but I would have to sell one of my kids kidneys on the black market to afford most of them, and then sell one of the other kids kidneys to afford the wheels to fill up the wheel wells. Didn't want to start a war, but it does seem like a lot of guys have the "herd" attitude. Kinda like a thread I saw on here about the Nismo front bumper, one guys says hey are you getting it? Then one person says yeah, then 5 more say well if you are getting it I think I may get it. Kind of like the 5/16 spacer thing, the 1/2" spacer has been dyno proven to produce more hp and tq over a broader range on the spectrum but b/c one person got the 5/16 and said it was better, everyone talks about the 5/16 space. Or even the xo, godspeed, speed daddy, HKS knock off exhausts, on here everyone says it is crap, but on my350Z, about 10 to 20 guys are saying it is better than the HKS and at a 4th of the price, but b/c you are not paying over $1000 for it, it must be crap. Same situation with wheels on another thread, Oh no, someone had Vossen wheels and another guy was like why mess up your g with those crappy wheels. The guy of course defended himself by saying they are not crappy, they were $2000 with tires. The other guy says, yeah see $2000 with tires is cheap. so b/c they are cheap, they are crappy? The guy saying this had BBS wheels, which IMO are not very nice, but when it boils down, 99% of wheel manufactures get their blanks from the same company out of the same material and they almost all use a CNC machine lathe, I mean what is difference? You know MHT, Foose, DUB, Elite, Daven, fuel off-road, and Niche are all made by the same Parent company, but if you asked on here, MHT is the best of the group, why.....b/c they are expensive, to be honest before I found this out, I thought MHT was far superior to DUB edition wheels, but hell, they are all made in just about the same exact machine by the same people, with the same materials, so why can you jack the cost of MHT? B/c of 3 letters? That are different than DUB? B/C some kid said MHT is hot and DUB is not. Thats why. So actually most of our country has the "Herd" mentality. It all boils down to Church and Religion, if they keep you in the dark, they can keep taking your money.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I am far from spineless. 10 years ago I started a business on the last $2000 to my name. I have since grown into a nice size business. I guess the point that I trying to make is what is so bad about the kit? It looks similar to most of the others with the wide middle and "brake cooling" ducts to the side. It just has less of a JDM warrior or weapon r style to it. It is more subtle, smooth, sexy, and stylish. Not all BLAM IN UR FACE. That is the style that I like, that is also why I am partial to the inven front bumper also, it has factory type styling but smooth and subtle. The only thing about that front bumper is the whole if I wanted a Lambo, I would steal a Lambo (can not afford one). But it is still nice. The Nismo kit is just played out, doesn't matter what you say about different wheels, drops, colors, color combos, even different rear bumper, it still looks the same and just simply played more than Paris Hilton at a hookers ball. Oh and one of the reasons I really like the kit is b/c it is not a TON of money. $450 for a full kit sounds pretty good to me. Most kits are $400 for front bumper. Oh and the Kenstyle rear bumper, I just am not fan of. Again, everyone has it, and I just do not like the style of it, to in your face for me. I really like some of the wide body kits, but I would have to sell one of my kids kidneys on the black market to afford most of them, and then sell one of the other kids kidneys to afford the wheels to fill up the wheel wells. Didn't want to start a war, but it does seem like a lot of guys have the "herd" attitude. Kinda like a thread I saw on here about the Nismo front bumper, one guys says hey are you getting it? Then one person says yeah, then 5 more say well if you are getting it I think I may get it. Kind of like the 5/16 spacer thing, the 1/2" spacer has been dyno proven to produce more hp and tq over a broader range on the spectrum but b/c one person got the 5/16 and said it was better, everyone talks about the 5/16 space. Or even the xo, godspeed, speed daddy, HKS knock off exhausts, on here everyone says it is crap, but on my350Z, about 10 to 20 guys are saying it is better than the HKS and at a 4th of the price, but b/c you are not paying over $1000 for it, it must be crap. Same situation with wheels on another thread, Oh no, someone had Vossen wheels and another guy was like why mess up your g with those crappy wheels. The guy of course defended himself by saying they are not crappy, they were $2000 with tires. The other guy says, yeah see $2000 with tires is cheap. so b/c they are cheap, they are crappy? The guy saying this had BBS wheels, which IMO are not very nice, but when it boils down, 99% of wheel manufactures get their blanks from the same company out of the same material and they almost all use a CNC machine lathe, I mean what is difference? You know MHT, Foose, DUB, Elite, Daven, fuel off-road, and Niche are all made by the same Parent company, but if you asked on here, MHT is the best of the group, why.....b/c they are expensive, to be honest before I found this out, I thought MHT was far superior to DUB edition wheels, but hell, they are all made in just about the same exact machine by the same people, with the same materials, so why can you jack the cost of MHT? B/c of 3 letters? That are different than DUB? B/C some kid said MHT is hot and DUB is not. Thats why. So actually most of our country has the "Herd" mentality. It all boils down to Church and Religion, if they keep you in the dark, they can keep taking your money.
Things that I got from this post:
1) Nismo kit is played out
2) $400 Bmagic kits are awesome
3) 1/2" spacer > 5/16" spacer because peak hp is more important than usable hp
4) X02 is the just like the HKS but at a quarter of the price
5) Vossen wheels > BBS

I don't really know how to respond to all of this, so I'm just gonna leave this thread. I'll just say that if it's the kit you want, then get it. Nobody really cares what you do to your car, as long as you like it. But please don't get all upset and tell us all of our cars are played out or generic because you asked for opinions and we didn't happen to like how your kit looks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I think I may get this Body Kit