Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A/T Titanium shift knob interest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Pic of TI **** installed (the lower piece hasnt been made out of Titanium yet). I just wanted to see what it would look like installed. It sits much lower than other ***** do, which gives you more access to your touch screens/stereos. I will hopefully have the whole thing complete by Friday.

Attached Thumbnails A/T Titanium shift knob interest-ti-knob.jpg  
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yum.. I'd like mine in titanium and etched with a custom logo if possible. or a small latin phrase.

I know it'll cost just a tad more but let me know if it can be done.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Killjulez
Pic of TI **** installed (the lower piece hasnt been made out of Titanium yet). I just wanted to see what it would look like installed. It sits much lower than other ***** do, which gives you more access to your touch screens/stereos. I will hopefully have the whole thing complete by Friday.
nice nice!!!

are you going to make the ball a little bigger or the part that connects to the rod a little smaller? i think it would look a little better :P

dude great job man!!

any idea that this will fit 2nd gen sedans????

Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Killjulez
Looks really good, when are you going to start taking orders? I really want one.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Yum.. I'd like mine in titanium and etched with a custom logo if possible. or a small latin phrase.

I know it'll cost just a tad more but let me know if it can be done.
I think I could do that for you. Send me the logo or latin phrase you are thinking about having etched. And where you would like it etched. I'm assuming the top of the ****? My email is Harto001@gmail.com.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
nice nice!!!

are you going to make the ball a little bigger or the part that connects to the rod a little smaller? i think it would look a little better :P

dude great job man!!

any idea that this will fit 2nd gen sedans????
The only thing I can do is make the ball a little bigger. I will have to see how much the cost will go up when I do that.

This should fit Gen 2 Sedans as long as your shaft is the same Diameter as Gen 1 coupe like mine. I don't have access to a Gen 2 sedan to verify. But I am pretty sure I can make it work if needs be.

Originally Posted by lsmooth81
Looks really good, when are you going to start taking orders? I really want one.
Very soon, I've got one more internal component to make and then I need to test the spring on the inside to make sure it will function as designed. Then I will have costs for Alum and Ti ***** and will be taking orders. I will try to work on getting a group buy to have the costs be as low as possible bc the more people that order, the cheaper they will be

Old 04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Let me know when these are ready, I'm in SD as well and ready to buy!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
is there a ball park of how much these might cost???

the larger one you were talking about
burnt titanium or aluminum?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Email has been sent regarding engraving.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I think a little bigger ball would look/feel better as well.

Does the **** fit over the plastic plunger that is on top of the oem shaft, or does it need to be removed to fit your new ****?

I think all the V35 AT sedans and coupes have the same shaft diameter. So hopefully it should work for all of them. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
more second gen sedan fitment curiosity over here

its lookin great. im trying to decide if some sort of design etched into it would spice it up a little. something like two parallel lines round the middle horizontally or something like that.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
is there a ball park of how much these might cost???

the larger one you were talking about
burnt titanium or aluminum?
I should know exact pricing maybe by friday but probably next week to be sure. But Im hoping to have the aluminum sell for around what the RAZO **** sells for. If I can undercut their price I will. Titanium without a burnt finish will probably be in the 125-150 range (still not 100 percent sure though, thats just my guess). I still have to figure out the finishing costs for burnt finish.

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Email has been sent regarding engraving.
I haven't gotten an email Tofu... Make sure you sent it to Harto001@gmail.com. I that isnt working you can always PM me.

Originally Posted by MikeDG
I think a little bigger ball would look/feel better as well.

Does the **** fit over the plastic plunger that is on top of the oem shaft, or does it need to be removed to fit your new ****?

I think all the V35 AT sedans and coupes have the same shaft diameter. So hopefully it should work for all of them. Can anyone confirm this?
The **** should fit over the plastic plunger just fine, but I will verify. I am using it without the plastic plunger so that it will sit lower. I will take pics of how it looks both ways by sometime this weekend.

Originally Posted by R3diK3r0u5
more second gen sedan fitment curiosity over here

its lookin great. im trying to decide if some sort of design etched into it would spice it up a little. something like two parallel lines round the middle horizontally or something like that.
I think most of the people on this thread are looking for a look that is similar to the ARC ***** with no additional details. But if you want one like that I could throw up a design for you? I have some other ideas as well that I will post up in the future when I get some time. Thanks for the input Always appreciated.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Premier Member

Also for those of you with Gen 2 sedans... If your shaft is just under a 1/2" in Diameter this **** should work. If it's not please let me know.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Omg man u are an A/T god!!!!! Are u going to do a good group buy deal?????? Do u have a round about idea of when you might start sellin them????

Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
killjulez, are u located in san diego? im interested in this and im ready to buy!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Premier Member

I plan on doing a group buy to start. Should be ready to sell some by the end of the month at the latest. I should have a finished product tomorrow. And I will take more pics of it installed. It's looking like the slum **** will be around 100 and the titanium around 200 based on the cost of manufacturing and material costs. However, if there are a lot of people interested in a group buy then the price may be lowered a tad. Still figuring out the burnt finish, but if there are people who like how it looks plain then I can sell them sooner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A/T Titanium shift knob interest