Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A/T Titanium shift knob interest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
sub'd
^^ me too!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Def interested.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sub'd and funds waiting on finally product/price.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Killjulez
Here is an example of a finished Titanium part...
That finish looks 1000 times better than the one in the first few pics. I'm definitly interested as long as the price isn't crazy expensive.

When do you expect to have them available?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeDG
That finish looks 1000 times better than the one in the first few pics. I'm definitly interested as long as the price isn't crazy expensive.

When do you expect to have them available?
Thanks! What is crazy expensive if you don't mind me asking? The material cost alone for one part is probably around $40 (made from Titanium). Then the fact that titanium is very difficult to machine because of how hard the material is, means that the part will take longer to run compared to aluminum. Also, in order to make this work for an A/T there are internal pieces required in order to activate the shifting mechanism ( unlike MT ***** that you just have to thread on ). The internals will be made from Aluminum in order to keep the cost down (you wont see them anyways). I don't plan on the ***** costing as much as the ARC ***** for M/T ( which are $225 or so i believe ), but the titanium ***** definitely wont be inexpensive. I don't mean to be discouraging but these are just some of the reasons why Titanium ***** cost so much.

Now, on another note... I completely understand that most people will not want to pay $125 or more for a shift **** regardless of it being titanium. This is why I started the thread, so i could find out what you all want. I can also offer the **** made from Aluminum at a much lower price if that is what people want ( i will probably end up making both titanium and aluminum ***** for this reason ). But i do know that there are people out there who want to be one of the few with Titanium shift ***** for the automatic

I hope to have a prototype done by this weekend. I know everyone is anxious to see it, as well as I am. lol. Work has kept me slammed all this week, so this weekend I will have the time to work on it. But until then, please let me know your thoughts on price and whether or not you would be willing to pay for Titanium or Aluminum ***** with this design. Thanks again everyone for all the interest!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
I will pay for Titanium!! always want to be unique and different!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Killjulez
Thanks! What is crazy expensive if you don't mind me asking?

Now, on another note... I completely understand that most people will not want to pay $125 or more for a shift **** regardless of it being titanium.
I think that up to $125 is a fair price for a shift **** depending on the materials and quality. Anything more than would be out of the question for me.

Personally I would buy the aluminum shift ****, especially if the titanium costs twice as much. I'd like to see them both side by side before I make the final decision tho

Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
just curious wha colors would this thing be available in?

like neo chrom or something like that?

great progress working fast!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
125?

No thanks

Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by STFU_NOOB
125?

No thanks
stick with the stock one then....MOMO ranges from 95-119 shipped depending if you can get the sell or not......cant get ARC or you can pick up a RAZO for 60.00....

Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
just curious wha colors would this thing be available in?

like neo chrom or something like that?

great progress working fast!
Im looking into the neochrome/burned finish, but of course adding finish to them will add cost... I can get any finish done to them that you desire, but the more I make the cheaper it will cost per ****... So at the moment I have about 20 of you interested in what I have to offer. I will be able to accurately price the parts after I run the prototypes and trust me I will do everything I can to keep the cost down. If there are any colors/finishes that you would be interested in other than the neochrome just let me know. There are endless possibilities when it comes to colors and finishes and we work with a lot of vendors that can provide these services for me.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by STFU_NOOB
125?

No thanks

thats for the Titanium ****... and trust me 125 is cheap considering I am only making a small quantity. But like I said, they will be offered in ALUMINUM for WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY cheaper if the design/shape/ and lower height of the **** is what you desire! I am trying to cater to as many people as I can and again I realize that most people arent going to spend 125+ for a shift ****... I know if it were me buying the ****, I would rather have aluminum and maybe polish it or something. For the aluminum ***** I am aiming at under $100 and the more people that I see interested, the more ***** I will produce on the first run, THE CHEAPER THEY WILL BE!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
stick with the stock one then....MOMO ranges from 95-119 shipped depending if you can get the sell or not......cant get ARC or you can pick up a RAZO for 60.00....
We are are talking about a no name Brand ****.

Why must it be made of Titanium in the first place? Why?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Also the design of the **** does not impress me, dont get me wrong I love your idea of bringing a new **** idea for the AT guys. But I would like to see some other designs. A round ball on top of a stick does not impress me.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
im interested in one, ill pay 125

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A/T Titanium shift knob interest