Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help! How do I get under the bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! How do I get under the bumper?

Is there a simple my of removing all the paneling under the front of the car?

I'm installing projection lights in the grill, and can't find an easy way under the car!

Thanks!

Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
g4s
i just did this a week ago and i actually took the foremost fender liners off as well as the bumper. unfortunately i didnt take pics. you can probably get away with leaving the bumper on but you will try your patience, just because theres so much in the way.

bottom diffuser:
if youve done your own oil change, you start off with removing the bottom diffuser and say hi to about 20 screws and 1 plastic panel clip. (this will give you access to behind the grilles but there really isnt much room to work with).

fender liners:
2 screws on either side for the fenders running on the edge. (invest in a small ratcheting screwdriver that has a 90 degree bend and you wont have to take off the wheels). also 5 plastic panel clips on either side.

front bumper:
open hood, and remove all the plastic clips holding the grille and bumper down (i think its 6). two 10mm bolts on either side hidden by the fender liners removed previously. 1 is right on the fender edge and the other is straight forward by the headlight.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:48 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by g4s
i just did this a week ago and i actually took the foremost fender liners off as well as the bumper. unfortunately i didnt take pics. you can probably get away with leaving the bumper on but you will try your patience, just because theres so much in the way.

bottom diffuser:
if youve done your own oil change, you start off with removing the bottom diffuser and say hi to about 20 screws and 1 plastic panel clip. (this will give you access to behind the grilles but there really isnt much room to work with).

fender liners:
2 screws on either side for the fenders running on the edge. (invest in a small ratcheting screwdriver that has a 90 degree bend and you wont have to take off the wheels). also 5 plastic panel clips on either side.

front bumper:
open hood, and remove all the plastic clips holding the grille and bumper down (i think its 6). two 10mm bolts on either side hidden by the fender liners removed previously. 1 is right on the fender edge and the other is straight forward by the headlight.

Thanks! Is there a better point to jack the car at?

Old 12-28-2004, 05:28 PM
g4s
i just use the stock jack points on either side of the car. theres actually one right in the mid front, but its too far back to get my low profile jack in there without going on ramps or having the sides jacked up to begin with. i have 2 jacks so it makes the job a lot easier.

if you need any help just pm me and ill give you my contact info.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:13 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by g4s
i just use the stock jack points on either side of the car. theres actually one right in the mid front, but its too far back to get my low profile jack in there without going on ramps or having the sides jacked up to begin with. i have 2 jacks so it makes the job a lot easier.

if you need any help just pm me and ill give you my contact info.
I worked all day making custom housing for the lights, wirering them, lining them up with the bumper.
I'll still not done!!!

Thanks!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 05:11 PM
I had taken the diffuser off and put it back on so many times that I just left it off the last time - and it was the best decision I ever made - it is so nice to be able to jump under the car and adjust the sway bars and it not be a 30 min affair...

Old 12-30-2004, 01:28 AM
WRAH
I would have but the bumper isn't as stiff w/o it. I AGREE ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!