Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Urethane vs. Duraflex vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urethane vs. Duraflex vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass

Hey guys,

I just bought my first car, which was a used 2003 G35 Coupe, white. I've completely fallen in love with it, and am trying to find ways to fix it up. I was looking at body kits, and I keep getting mixed information about what type of material is best, what sucks. I figured I'd ask here, since this seems to be a better source. Let me know what you guys think is the best material, or even pros and cons of all of them.

I'm aiming for keeping my car white, but adding subtle black details that will make it amazing. I'm thinking of adding a kenstyle rear bumper, greddy gracer side skirts, and maybe a chargespeed front lip.

One car I really admire right now for its subtle paint job is this one:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ans_kito/6.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Urethane - The best that money can buy, only do this if you have the $$$, typically you'll be fine with only a Urethane front, the sides and rear can be made from any composite.

Since your front OEM bumper is already urethane and you plan on getting a lip, look at our line up: http://extremedimensions.com/search....ts%20-%20Front

I would suggest the 2003-2007 Infiniti G Coupe G35 Urethane D-Spec Front Lip Spoiler or the 2003-2007 Infiniti G Coupe G35 Urethane Wings Front Lip Spoiler

Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
More than the material, I think it body kits really depend on the vendor you buy them from. Make sure you buy them from Vendors (strafe, arch) on this forum. All others (ebay, craigslist, etc) are trash.

The following users liked this post:
darrellarthur (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Fitment is key, also make sure you go to a vendor that allows returns on products that may not fit.. *cough* Extreme Dimensions.

The following 2 users liked this post by Extreme Dimensions:
darrellarthur (03-01-2012), SDGenius (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Urethane - The best that money can buy, only do this if you have the $$$, typically you'll be fine with only a Urethane front, the sides and rear can be made from any composite.

Since your front OEM bumper is already urethane and you plan on getting a lip, look at our line up: http://extremedimensions.com/search....ts%20-%20Front

I would suggest the 2003-2007 Infiniti G Coupe G35 Urethane D-Spec Front Lip Spoiler or the 2003-2007 Infiniti G Coupe G35 Urethane Wings Front Lip Spoiler
I hear urethane is a problem though, since it's so flexible, it sags over time.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by darrellarthur
I hear urethane is a problem though, since it's so flexible, it sags over time.
I've been running a Urethane kit on my G35 Coupe for about 6 months now. No problems as of yet. Keep in mind that it's all in the hands of the installer, don't forget to factor in that decision when you think about purchasing your kit.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I've been running a Urethane kit on my G35 Coupe for about 6 months now. No problems as of yet. Keep in mind that it's all in the hands of the installer, don't forget to factor in that decision when you think about purchasing your kit.
I kinda want to try to do it myself...
Is it cheaper to buy it straight from you guys, or find a different site that sells your products?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
nothing wrong with ebay lips. ive yet to hear anyone with first hand experience say lips purchased from ebay didnt fit. ive only heard the opposite here. full bumpers are a different story

Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
id be cautious about buying the ings front lip replica from extreme. i have it. fits great except the entire center area has nothing to reinforce it via double stick tape so i had to macguyver my own. emailed them and all they offered me was a $50 off coupon on my next purchase. yea like id buy from them again. fk extreme dimensions.

anyone kno if the other vendors ing replica lips have reinforcement in the middle?

darrellarthur (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by darrellarthur
I kinda want to try to do it myself...
Is it cheaper to buy it straight from you guys, or find a different site that sells your products?
If you want something from us, forum members are entitled to their exclusive forum discount. Just private message me and I will make sure I take care of all your modification needs. If you are unhappy with any of the parts you've purchased you can exchange them, or return them.

Originally Posted by saywat?
id be cautious about buying the ings front lip replica from extreme. i have it. fits great except the entire center area has nothing to reinforce it via double stick tape so i had to macguyver my own. emailed them and all they offered me was a $50 off coupon on my next purchase. yea like id buy from them again. fk extreme dimensions.

anyone kno if the other vendors ing replica lips have reinforcement in the middle?
So, fk ED because your lip fits but theres no way to reinforce the front bumper? :smh

Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
If you want something from us, forum members are entitled to their exclusive forum discount. Just private message me and I will make sure I take care of all your modification needs. If you are unhappy with any of the parts you've purchased you can exchange them, or return them.
How much is the forum member discount?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Well I can't post it in public, I will send you a PM!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
heres wat im talking about

[IMG][/IMG]

the entire red section has no material (like other replicas) to apply double stick tape so that entire is left loose, sagging, and hanging

jomamahama (03-02-2012)
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts
My next mod is the TS-1 Complete Duraflex Body Kit for my 08 g35 sedan has anyone bought it and how does it fit and would you buy it again?

Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by saywat?
heres wat im talking about

[IMG][/IMG]

the entire red section has no material (like other replicas) to apply double stick tape so that entire is left loose, sagging, and hanging
oh okay I understand what you are saying. Are you able to fabricate a bracket to keep it secure? btw the car looks great.

Originally Posted by Texas Pawn Boys
My next mod is the TS-1 Complete Duraflex Body Kit for my 08 g35 sedan has anyone bought it and how does it fit and would you buy it again?
Hey bro, take it off of my hands. If it doesn't fit I'll let exchange it out for you free of costs, if that doesn't fit still, then i'll give you back 100% of your money including shipping!

SDGenius (03-02-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Urethane vs. Duraflex vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass