Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help with seat and other electrical issues..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with seat and other electrical issues..

Just picked up a 04 g35 coupe Saturday night and I am concerned with some of the electrical components not working. So here are my questions/comments and I am open to any suggestions.

-The drivers seat has 3 switches. The only one that works is the switch to move the seat back and forth. This is my biggest concern since the seat is propped way up in the back and my head almost hangs out the sunroof..Is there a way to manually lower it??

-The steering wheel controls do not light up at night or when I turn the lights on. Are they suppose to?

-The gear shifter (I have an auto) does not light up. I can see what gear I'm in on the instrument panel, but not where I manually shift gears. Is it suppose to light up?

- Neither of the lights on the door work..Fuse maybe?

-The airbag light is blinking and driving me nucking futs..is there a way to turn it off without it going to the dealership?

-The passenger side map light (light by the sunroof switch that you press to turn on/off) does not work. The driver side does. Fuse or bulb? How do I take that off to troubleshoot?

Thanks for the help..I would seriously wire someone some money if they want to call and help me with these issues. This is the first Infinit I have ever owned, and I am clueless

Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just noticed this too btw..

On the way home from work yesterday I was constantly pushing the other two buttons on the seat and the seat actually lowered..it wasn't a constant drop, but rapidly pressing it enough times did lower it almost all the way to the floor.

Is the motor shot?

Wire pinched possibly?

Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The switch is going bad,

Old 07-24-2015, 03:25 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
The door light and map lights are most likely just the bulbs needing replacement.

The seat motor might be going out. the upper back driver seat on mine doesn't recline forward anymore so I keep it at a set position.

Not sure about the others, but if the airbag light bothers you that much, put a piece of black tape on it .