Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Looking for suggestions on exterior window moulding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by g356sp
What was included in the headlight kit? The kit I got had a little 2x2" 2000 grit sanding pad to remove the oxidation, and a 3rd microfiber (2 were yellow meant for trim, 1 was red and slightly larger meant for the headlights). Supplying the rags like wet-naps is a good idea though - when I applied to my headlights it looked like I had full coverage, but as it cured I think it dried up in parts leaving streaks because the coating wasn't 'thick' enough / rag wasn't saturated enough. Maybe. Who knows.

It's not supposed to rain here tomorrow (product has to cure for 24h before getting wet) so I think I'm going to wash and remask tonight and give everything another coat. I still have hope.
The headlight kit just came with gloves, a small sanding block with 2000 on one side (I'm assuming) and 2500 on the other side (assuming), and then a plasi-aluminum package with a pre-soaked napkin type thing. It was saturated perfectly and gave no room for error. Single strokes went on as evenly as could be.

Now, this basically being a clear coat (as opposed to something that's actually being absorbed by the plastic), you can always sand it off completely and start all over. It does kinda suck that it's your mirror mounts tho. What a pain. Haha

Old 04-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Good to know. I'll probably pick up some more 2000 and a bit of 2500 as well and really go to town on those bad boys before trying to coat them again. As for the mirrors... they look good from a distance haha but we'll see if I can make any improvements.

Unfortunately I had some power issues at my house over the weekend, and when I called yesterday the power company promptly came out and replaced a transformer outside my house. This left me without power for the NCAA finals, so I ended up at the bar instead of re-coating the car.