Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Trying to Find a Part

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to Find a Part

Hi all. I have a 2004 G35 Coupe. I have done the driver's window motor so many times on this car that the lower plastic bolt threaded portion inserted in the inner door panel for the pull handle has finally given up on me and is cracked, so it will no longer accept the bolt for tightening. I'm able to still pull the door closed, however, I would like to replace that part. It is just a small plastic insert, it appears, in the inner door panel. I have attached a picture of where it is located on that panel. If you can provide the name of that insert(?) I may be able to find one for it. I just don't know what they are called, so I can't search for one.

Another question while I'm here. The window regulator attaches to that same inner panel from the back side of it. The two gold colored lower bolts attached to the regulator arms were not tightened all the way against the lower arms of the regulator when I removed it this time. The left one, as you are looking at the door the same way in my picture, was probably 1/4" away from the regulator arm. Are they supposed to be tightened up against the arms, or is that an adjustment point for the regulator for window alignment? Note that I'm not talking about the nuts on this side of the inner door panel where the regulator arm bolts come through the panel. I do tighten those all the way against the panel.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old Today, 04:17 AM
Received 396 Likes on 359 Posts
Can u post a closer picture of the part?

I know there are 2 adjustment bolts which tilt the glass more in or out. I forgot which ones those were though. Im sure I have a picture of it somewhere. Ill try to find it.