Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

HELP!! I think I got ripped off...need pics of a new Stillen grill!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
If you still want to install this grille, these are the instructions that came with mine. (that I can remember...lol)

1. Remove stock grille from front bumper.
2. With dremmel or keyhole saw, carefully cut out stock grille from frame.
3. smooth out rough cut spots where stock grille was attached to frame by sanding.
4. Paint the sanded areas (which should be white after sanding) with Flat Black paint and let dry.
5. Using included attachment clips (which I'm assuming no clips came in your ebay shipment), attach Stillen grille to stock frame.
6. Replace stock frame with now inserted Stillen Grille.

Does this help?

If you don't want to install it, accordfreak seemed interested in buying it for his grille project.....

doc

Last edited by docron1; 03-15-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Doc...thanks. I think it is the real thing..

Thanks. Of course, there are NO clips...hmmm. I am either going to return it or sell it to accordfreak.

How did those lower ones install? Did you have to remove the black plastic? Tie wraps?

Last edited by csukoh78; 03-15-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, thats a stillen/street scene grille, i have them on my other car and our suburban so i know what it looks like, it is kinda flimsy, thank god i didnt have to cut or mold anything on the trucks like you have to on the G...thats the one reason i didnt get it for the G.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
csukoh78 as I mentioned a little earlier in the post on my previous vehicle I had a street scene grill. To attach it to the original framework, street scene provide black metal clips that snapped around the sides of the grill and held it to the frame. If you do decide to keep that grill, be very careful! Those sharp points surrounding the mesh will easily take a gouge out of any plastic or metal pieces surrouding it if not properly formed to fit the opening (<--- speaking from experience ). Again though this was all with a completely different model of car so maybe things are different with the G.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by csukoh78
Hey Doc...thanks. I think it is the real thing..

Thanks. Of course, there are NO clips...hmmm. I am either going to return it or sell it to accordfreak.

How did those lower ones install? Did you have to remove the black plastic? Tie wraps?
No prob....

I just used black plastic ties to attach it to the stock valence. My plan was to eventually cut out the stock lower valence and clip in the stillen valence. I just haven't gotten to that part yet. I still have to install my new Crawford Cast Plenum so that now takes priority.

doc

Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I've had my Stillen/Gialla hybrid for well over a year now. Street Scenes makes the "patented" grill pattern and they happen to be owned by Stillen (across the street). I used the grills as replacement mesh for the otherwise cheap mesh that comes with the Gialla grill and the Greddy front. The Stillen(street scenes) material is thicker and sturdier than the original mesh and looks nice as a mesh replacement. My opinion only.

I have since added the Infiniti emblem to the front center of the grill:

Old 03-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DoingOK
I've had my Stillen/Gialla hybrid for well over a year now. Street Scenes makes the "patented" grill pattern and they happen to be owned by Stillen (across the street). I used the grills as replacement mesh for the otherwise cheap mesh that comes with the Gialla grill and the Greddy front. The Stillen(street scenes) material is thicker and sturdier than the original mesh and looks nice as a mesh replacement. My opinion only.

I have since added the Infiniti emblem to the front center of the grill:

Just out of curiousity when you say Stillen/Gialla hybrid do you mean the grill itself is a copy (i.e. like the Silvia parts version of the Gialla grill) or by hybrid do you mean you just put the Stillen and Gialla together? If that indeed is a copy, it looks pretty good. Not much gap and great fitment. By the way, love that Seibon TS hood!

Old 03-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I purchased the street scene grille from Intense Motorsports.

www.intensepower.com

Old 03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Update:
Received a nastygram from IPDG. I cannot post it here, but suffice to say that since instructions were not included, no clips were included, it was forced into a too small box (had to bend out the warpage), it was unwrapped, comms was slowww, bad tracking number, my refund request went unanswered, and I purchased what I thought were additional Stillen grilles for the bottom valence and they included sheet mesh from a store! (not stillen) I felt justified to warn other's of my experience with neg feedback on ebay. First one I have ever left, but after all that, and thinking hard, I decided to do so.
So they sent me a nastygram, insulting me, calling me deceitful and very negative. Sigh.
Buyer's remorse? You bet. I regret buying from someone with 0 feedback.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Lower valence install

I too just ordered the street scene main grill and lower valence grills. According to the directions for the the lower valence grills, you have to lift up the car to gain access to the back of the valence area and then "attach the new valence grills using the supplied clips. However, it never says anything about what to do with the original black valence grills. Am I supposed to take those out or what? It doesnt seem like the new valence grills just fit right over the stock ones? Whats the best way to install these and do I really have to lift up the vehicle?