Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

impul replica spoiler = insult to my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moog
Have any of you with ill-fitting spoilers tried to install yourself? Or were the fitment issues told to you by the body shop?

Mine fits great and so does wickedik's. Pictures don't lie, and these all came from the exact same mold.
Mine didn't go well

Attached Thumbnails impul replica spoiler = insult to my car-impul-replica-spoiler_left-side.jpg   impul replica spoiler = insult to my car-impul-replica-spoiler_right-side.jpg  
Old 03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have any of you with ill-fitting spoilers tried to install yourself? Or were the fitment issues told to you by the body shop?

Mine fits great and so does wickedik's. Pictures don't lie, and these all came from the exact same mold.
Like I've mentioned to you before, Moog, I'm glad that you had such a good experience with your wing, I just didn't have the same good fortune.

Here are some pictures from the first wing that I received. You can see that both the short pieces over the lights are curved such that they don't fit the profile of the fender. The body guy I had look at the side pieces thought that if he sanded down the bottoms to match the curve then the heights wouldn't match between the side and middle pieces. He figured he'd have to both sand and fill the parts to make them look right.

The piece in the center is short, just like HipHopPro's and it doesn't fit very well. I don't have it centered in the picture. My body guy also said he could get the gap to look better, but of course it would take time to add material and reshape it to make it look right. You can also see how rough the ends are which will need to be sanded down to make them square which will take off even more material.

The new and improved wing I received wasn't much different. I'm no body guy, but I'm going to see if I can get it closer by myself before I call the guy I'm going to have paint and install it. My time is a lot cheaper than his and if I mess it up then oh well.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 PM
hip hop yours looks fine.. that isnt bad at all.

Gizmo yours needs sanding issues from my perspective.. they are all the same - Moogs, etc. I can't see how they got theirs so great and yours could be a disaster.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that exhaust is the hks... yes it is fat..lol

Old 03-23-2005, 07:45 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I see your install problems. Move the outer pieces lower onto the taillight and also in more towards the center to where the outer pieces hang over the gap. Middle piece needs to go more towards the back as well.

Don't sit these pieces on top of the trunk lid/fender. Sit them closer to the edge.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll see if I can post pics tonight to help.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by HipHopPro
Mine didn't go well

thats because you installed it wrong. all the pieces need to come back more towards the edge of the trunk. the side pieces actually sit over the taillights not in front of them.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:45 AM
I see your install problems. Move the outer pieces lower onto the taillight and also in more towards the center to where the outer pieces hang over the gap. Middle piece needs to go more towards the back as well.

Don't sit these pieces on top of the trunk lid/fender. Sit them closer to the edge.
yes it is the hks exhaust. i like it alot.