Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah does anyone want the kenstyle side skirt emblems? im filling mine in... its good to hear this replica is nice.. my car goes into the shop on friday and i got the replica rear bumper! nice job steve! let us know how the fitment is!

Old 04-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
the truth comes out! replicas all the way! thanks for the review

Old 04-21-2005, 08:48 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
that's awesome...may need 350zforums to save me one for the future

....on a side note to 350zforums - sup w/ the smoothie king? went there last week and the store had signs up for selling the franchise?

Old 04-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, definitely let us know how it fits...

Old 04-21-2005, 09:48 AM
My car should be going in for paint on monday. I'll post some pics when its all done. Just debating if I want to keep or remove the lower bar that goes across the bottom scoop on the bumper.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:56 AM
By the way .. I was thinking instead of using the GT emblem on the KS front bumper instead of the KS emblems. I don't know where to get them & if the fitment is good. Anyone???

Old 04-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by 350Forums
we get foglights but they are extra price. holes are 3.75 round and 2 inches deep max
Ok, again what is the price of the bumper? Fog lights? Mesh? Emblem on the front bumper?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I'd like a breakdown as well - when I go F/I I'm going to be swapping my front Nismo bumper out for probably this front bumper or the Top Secret (I plan on getting the side skirts way in advance)

I'm guessing $350-400 for the bumper, but what about the fog lights and the emblem? Thanks!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
besides buying the front bumper; I purchased :

piaa fogs for 200.00 .... they have the halo ring aroung the lens like the bmw headlights...look sweet!!

bought a 12 x 48 inch mesh sheet that is black powdercoated for 40 bucks; love the small hex pattern.

all I need now is the emblem for the front bumper...but leaning towards the GT emblem....question is where to get it..........

Old 04-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking about getting my front bumper painted...I might as well get the knock-off as I like the way it looks.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by accordfreak
the truth comes out! replicas all the way! thanks for the review
Just wanted to let you guys know Im not for knock offs. Im very happy for my buddy and for me cause I have to do the work,lol. BUT Ive bought knock off parts before and trust me I wouldnt have put them on a pinto! NOW if every knock off would look like this I wouldnt mind but they dont. 350forums did a great job on this kit but keep in mind they did a great job. Not some odd company on ebay or anywhere else. Remember there is always risk when ordering these. I wanted people to know about this ONE cause I was shocked. You still need to watch your ****!

Old 04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Just wanted to let you guys know Im not for knock offs. Im very happy for my buddy and for me cause I have to do the work,lol. BUT Ive bought knock off parts before and trust me I wouldnt have put them on a pinto! NOW if every knock off would look like this I wouldnt mind but they dont. 350forums did a great job on this kit but keep in mind they did a great job. Not some odd company on ebay or anywhere else. Remember there is always risk when ordering these. I wanted people to know about this ONE cause I was shocked. You still need to watch your ****!
Mr. Suzuki of Kenstyle is actually in the U.S. right now. (I met with him yesterday) He is obviously not happy with all the knockoffs of his company's products. As far as parting the kits out goes, it's their policy and there's nothing I can do about that. Most tuners in Japan do not mix and match body parts like we do. You guys should understand that Kenstyle products are sold at car dealerships as OEM parts are in Japan. The quality is that good.

Kenstyle has been sold in the U.S. for about 4 years now. They have experimented with production in the U.S. to reduce prices but they would not accept the quality of what was produced. (You must understand that quality comes before price in Japan, especially with companies such as Kenstyle.)

Now for your comparison. You have already noted that the knockoff does not come with the fogs or grill. The material is thinner (most likely brittle) and you can obviously see from your images that there are no mounts for the foglights. Obviously since the knockoff is not authorized, it does not come with the emblems either. We haven't seen the fitment yet....

So...I won't rant about knockoffs in this thread but if you're going to do a real comparison, let's see the numbers and lets see the fitment.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by topsecret2001
The material is thinner (most likely brittle)
I think you misread his post, he said the original was thinner.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Parts are advertised in the bodysection YS KEN REPLICA HERE area, in vendor area. The parts are 399 each or 1059.00 for all 3 parts.

Grill you have to get yourself, foglights are up to you 3.75" round hole, 2" max depth.

We are the only online vendor who YakuzaSyn allows to carry this item. Any ebay or other companies are not getting the same item so buyer beware.

As you can see from the pics the looks is great and we already tested fitment before ship out so I am not worried. Steve - thanks again for such a great and unbiased post- one of the best members on here.

MOOG: hey man when you go to my smoothie store you need to call me, i'll get you the damn drinks! It's for sale because my wife is so sick I can't run all 3 stores alone...i'd rather focus on car parts.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Never enough
Top Secret, I knew some would not be happy with this post. BUT I think Kenstyle is hurting themselves but not splitting up their kits. You did misread my post. The more and more I look at the two the knock off is looking better and better to me. Your telling me Kenstyle doesnt have the faith in a american company to have their kit made here? This knock off is borderline better then the real deal! and I have a feeling it was made in the good old USA. Or is it that Kenstyle cant make max profit unless its made in Japan? The knock off is thicker, the real one is brittle. As for the mesh, I can go to homedepot and buy stucco mesh for 3.00 a sheet, yes it looks the same. The fogs on the real kit are VERY nice! Some of the best fogs Ive seen, but they are made by a company that makes OEM fogs, Valco. Ill never understand why companys mark up their product sooo much. Maybe one day they will understand that if they get the right price point no one will bother to copy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!