Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill be doing fitment very soon. Ill be posting pics pre paint.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
SO wait let me get this right:

YS replica is sturdier than the real kit? It slices dices and is self cleaning? If you call in the next 30 minutes you will also get the Ronco pocket fisherman for absolutely FREE?? That is incredible!

Kit is made in the USA by a small detail oriented company that isnt out to just mass produce junk. They know if it isn't top notch no one will buy it.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I've always had problems with fitment of real or replica kits. They always need some kind of reinforment or trimming at places.

Even the "real nismo" g35 coupe kit needs to be modified to fit correctly. I saw the rear bumper piece and it was a bit off.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Top Secret, I knew some would not be happy with this post. BUT I think Kenstyle is hurting themselves but not splitting up their kits. You did misread my post. The more and more I look at the two the knock off is looking better and better to me. Your telling me Kenstyle doesnt have the faith in a american company to have their kit made here? This knock off is borderline better then the real deal! and I have a feeling it was made in the good old USA. Or is it that Kenstyle cant make max profit unless its made in Japan? The knock off is thicker, the real one is brittle. As for the mesh, I can go to homedepot and buy stucco mesh for 3.00 a sheet, yes it looks the same. The fogs on the real kit are VERY nice! Some of the best fogs Ive seen, but they are made by a company that makes OEM fogs, Valco. Ill never understand why companys mark up their product sooo much. Maybe one day they will understand that if they get the right price point no one will bother to copy it.
I apologize for misreading your post but as I'm sure you know, the Kenstyle FRP is not brittle and the front probably weighs less than the knockoff. I seriously doubt the quality is even close to the authentic piece. Kenstyle parts fit like OEM and should only need minor trimming if your car is not straight. You haven't even fitted the kit yet. As I have already pointed out, the knockoff that is produced with "attention to detail" is completely missing the foglight mounting area. This means you will have to fabricate mounts on your vehicle to install fogs that are not even intended for this bumper. We're obviously not going to sell the emblems seperately so youre left with an empty mounting point on the front of the car unless you can find something else that fits.

Price is what it is on Japanese aero parts. When it comes to quality, the Japanese do it right. The materials are the best available, the mold are the best quality. When you pay professionals to produce these parts in Japan, you are paying professional labor rates. Most of the knockoffs are produced in third world countries such as China or Mexico. (where labor is cheap) The materials are the cheapest available. The molds are made from authentic pieces but as a copy of a copy is....they are never perfect.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yo Top Secret...you need to work on your reading skills...you keep making statements that are incorrect...350 already said that he checked the fitment of the kit...AND he already said that it was done in the USA and NOT a 3rd world country...Please remove your "rear-end" from Mr. Suzuki's "front end" and stop whining so much...This thread was to let everyone know whether or not the KS replica was worth getting...

Old 04-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
Yo Top Secret...you need to work on your reading skills...you keep making statements that are incorrect...350 already said that he checked the fitment of the kit...AND he already said that it was done in the USA and NOT a 3rd world country...Please remove your "rear-end" from Mr. Suzuki's "front end" and stop whining so much...This thread was to let everyone know whether or not the KS replica was worth getting...
Where are the fitment pics?

He said he has a "feeling" the kit was made in the US.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:24 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
How did I know TopSecret would chime in and b!tch about this...it never fails. A higher quality than the original

350forums: haha yeah man didn't want to bother you w/ the drinks, it's all good. Shoot me a PM with, as me and my gf have been looking for a business opportunity.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to blab, but this post is cracks! i wish this was on TV!

Old 04-21-2005, 05:55 PM
OMG...are you dyslexic or just plain blind? He said exactly: "Kit is made in the USA by a small detail oriented company..." How can someone who gets his kits direct from the manufacturer only "have a feeling" of where the kit was made???? And what are you gonna do after the fitment pics, just find another way to bash? MAN...Mr. Suzuki must be pretty money in the sack...

Old 04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Z2G
i do feel for topsecret though because i have a business myself and i know how hard it is now for retailers due to competition with online retailers. however, i wonder what the mark-up/profit margin is for topsecret when he sells the kenstyle kit at roughly $2900? if he's profiting three times the amount he paid (wholesale price) for the kit, it serves him right that knock-offs are available and can be purchased for one third the price. like what g35cnv said, if retailers sold the kits at reasonable prices, there wouldn't be a market for knock-offs.

in the end, consumers aren't stupid. most are not willing to pay more for something just because of the brand name if an alternative is available that is comparable (in this case, even better quality). perhaps, this will force retailers of the kenstyle kit to lower the prices a bit. if the price is only a bit more than the replica, most ppl would be willing to get the original due to the name, assurance to quality, and added features missing in the replica (fog lights and mesh). the issue of the nav/dvd conversion is very similar as well. retailers are selling the conversion adaptors for 10 times the actual wholesale price.....geez.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Z2G...Well put...I feel the same way...I don't WANT to bash Kenstyle, but I almost have to in this instance...

Old 04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
The only person making a killing of real KEnstyle is KS. Bulletproof, me and everyother person who sell a KS kit on here do not make more than what we clear off a suspension or intake sale. The end maker is the only person benefiting from the 3k price tag.

I'll have to say i understand BP's point but at the same time he is not being hurt by the replica since he is not the importer of the kit. Anyone can go direct with them but really why would you.

I applaud BP's effort to keep the market in place for companies to make us more kits but like I have always said sooner or later everything gets copied and it's only a matter of time. At least a nice copy came out so as to not defraud our members.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm glad to see this replica is a worthy option. I may be looking to get a new bumper in the future, so I will definitely keep this bumper on my list. I can't wait to see pics though.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:41 PM
sign me up where can i order

Old 04-21-2005, 11:39 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
I apologize for misreading your post but as I'm sure you know, the Kenstyle FRP is not brittle and the front probably weighs less than the knockoff. I seriously doubt the quality is even close to the authentic piece. Kenstyle parts fit like OEM and should only need minor trimming if your car is not straight. You haven't even fitted the kit yet. As I have already pointed out, the knockoff that is produced with "attention to detail" is completely missing the foglight mounting area. This means you will have to fabricate mounts on your vehicle to install fogs that are not even intended for this bumper. We're obviously not going to sell the emblems seperately so youre left with an empty mounting point on the front of the car unless you can find something else that fits.

Price is what it is on Japanese aero parts. When it comes to quality, the Japanese do it right. The materials are the best available, the mold are the best quality. When you pay professionals to produce these parts in Japan, you are paying professional labor rates. Most of the knockoffs are produced in third world countries such as China or Mexico. (where labor is cheap) The materials are the cheapest available. The molds are made from authentic pieces but as a copy of a copy is....they are never perfect.

That's great that you know everything about the real KS kit. You could sit here and talk about how great it is all day and talk about what a poor job people do of creating replicas and everything. Bottom line is we're getting a comparison from somebody who has seen, touched, fitted, BOTH kits and can give a very real comparison. You can say things like "the front PROBABLY" ways less than the replica" you can say whatever is probable or maybe but you still know nothing. Great that most knockoffs are produced in third world countries such as china or mexico, but i think it was made pretty clear that this one was not.

Topsecret, unless you have seen the replica, touched it, been up close to vouch for the quality, i'm not sure whats the point of your posts.

Last edited by mc2; 04-21-2005 at 11:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!