Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just don't get why the Kenstyle kit is so damn expensive or any G35 bodykits for that matter. For other cars, Most bodykits cost between 1k and 2k. Maybe the companies are marking the price high because we own luxury brand cars thus think that we are willing to pay for more expensive stuff? Anyway, I definately think companies should lower their prices to reasonable level, and there will be less replicas being sold.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I agree

Old 04-23-2005, 03:19 PM
gtr proto test driver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much is the kenstyle (real one)

Old 04-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I think that most name brand companies set their prices way up there because they want to set a certain class level for themselves. If Gucci started selling a purse for $50, Gucci wouldn't be as classy as they are and using Gucci products will be ordinary and they wouldn't be luxury goods.

It is a fact that when you buy high priced name brand items that the draftmanship and material will be better. But that doesn't have to mean that knockoffs are much worse in quality.

Being a high class brand or being a regular brand are just different approaches companies take to do business and select their target audience. One isn't really better than the other.

From a consumer point of view, I think it's better to buy cheaper brands or no brands products. When you buy name brand products, you are basically chipping in for that company's advertising expenses, which is why Sam's Choice Cola is cheaper than Coka Cola.

The way I see it is that brand name products and their knockoffs aren't really competing in the same field. People who buy knockoffs most likely wouldn't get the real thing even if the knockoffs didn't exist, and people who buy the real thing most likely wouldn't buy the knockoff unless the quality are extremely close, which in this case, it seems to be and Kenstyle should blame themselves for not being able to set themselves apart in quality even though they are a name brand.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Z2G
perhaps i'm wrong to think this, but i think aftermarket kit "knock-offs" cannot be analogous to a gucci bag knock-off or rolex watch knock-off which infringes on the actual brand name license. whereas, aftermarket kit knock-offs only imitate the style but do not have the actual brand name emblazened on the product. however, gucci knock-offs or rolex knock-offs will have their respective names illegally displayed on the products. so, i don't think it's right to make the comparison. as i've stated before, if the 350forum kit is a good quality kit (emulating the kenstyle look), then it's analogous to purchasing a macy's brand (alfani) suit with the design taken from an armani suit but with fairly good quality materials.

also, i'm confused with topsecret's statements. i always assumed he was a retailer and sold the kenstyle kits. however, he is now stating that he doesn't make money from selling kenstyle products. contradicting comments if he truly sells kenstyle products, because i don't know any retailer who sells products for no profit.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Bump

Old 04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
I'm just going to leave this be for now. I do not work for Kenstyle, I just work with them and am trying to assist them by backing up their product. There are 3 different knockoffs of this kit now and I have seen 2 up close. I am not making random accusations.

What is all comes down to is this. Hate me if you will, but I do not set the prices for anything, I do not make comission, and I do not directly profit off selling authentic Kenstyle products. I'm not defending my own money at all. I post because I hate knockoffs. They are blatent thefts of designs by companies that are just out there to make a quick buck by stealing another company's design. It's no different than fake rolex watches or fake designer clothing brands. Do you really think the knockoff companies are trying to do you a favor? They are just trying to cash in whatever way they can.

Hell, I'm probably the last person to but something because of the brand name and I wouldn't tell you to do so either. Posers, wannabes, whatever. I buy things based on their design or performance...and I just personally don't like the idea of giving money to any company making money by stealing another companies design.

The man certainly has a point.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:16 PM
if there's a follow up to this thread i'd like to see the result of the knock off kenystyle bumper. and would like to know how the fittment was. thanks.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:21 PM
also, are you still looking to unload that bumper of yours?

Old 05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey, do you have any KenStyle-style sideskirts? I just want the sides... and I was told that the real KenStyle guys dont break up their kits. They only sell it as a comlete kit.

Old 05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
bumpin..

Old 05-14-2005, 12:29 AM
still looking for an update on the fittment of the replica kit

Old 05-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Old 05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by brittain

i ran a search but didn't find this. good lookin out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!