Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has anyone tried this to prevent our cars from being stolen???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Has anyone tried this to prevent our cars from being stolen???

My car was broken into this past saturday and if it wasnt for the fact that I had an aftermarket alarm installed w/ airhorns I would be one sad individual right now. The 3 punks who tried to take my car came at 6pm in a bright blue Subaru WRX w/ blue tinted glass. I guess they were trying to be inconspicuous and blend in, Lol. I heard my alarm go off so I looked out the window and this huge guy w/ braids is in my car!!! I was like WTF!!! My nephew was in the back of our store heard the alarm go off and came out started yelling at the guy in the car. The WRX backed up slowly and the guy got in and took off. Apparently the cops know these guys but have been unable to catch them in the act. They told me these guys are stealing BMWs, infinitis, and other high end cars in Jersey City, for their HIDs and other parts. But our HIDs SUK!!!

Anyway, this is my idea to avoid the problem w/ these guys messing up my drivers door and lock. I think I read a thread somewhere a while back that someone here had replaced the drivers door handle w/ the passenger doors handle. Because it doesnt have the lock and wouldnt pop off as easily. So that these guys can drop the windows and gain access to the car. I dont need the key on either door since I open the car w/ my remote....Should I ever need to get access to the car w/ a key theres always the trunk.

Can anyone help me w/ some advice. I called the dealer and I got some young guy who had no clue. By the way when it first happened I was considered shaving the door handles but as my car isnt a show car but a daily driver and the reliabilty of these isn't that great....decided not to pursue it.

I know there are a lot of you guys that this has happened to...what should I do? Thanx.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG you must have scratches on the key area. They used a "special" key to open your car?

I live in Florida and I have never heard of cars getting stolen. Only broken into to get streo equipment. I dont want to go the aftermarket way, I just hope things like this dont happen to me.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
OMG you must have scratches on the key area. They used a "special" key to open your car?

I live in Florida and I have never heard of cars getting stolen. Only broken into to get streo equipment. I dont want to go the aftermarket way, I just hope things like this dont happen to me.
So you mean to tell me, you've NEVER heard of anyone gettin' their car stolen in Florida?!?

Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
you order the cover for the passenger side and replace it in the driver side. Voila key hole gone

Old 04-29-2005, 07:10 PM
But does anyone know if that will work??? In theory, it sounds like the best and economical solution....I'm just worried that this is just a pipe dream...

Old 04-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it does work cause i did this to my coupe. When you order this part from the dealership it comes in two pieces, all you need is the painted cap and do want ever your want with the metal piece.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Well problem is the thief isn't smart enough to realize you replaced the door handle. The cover won't help, they'll just pop it off as quick as you can put it on. Either way they'll mess up your door again. Just get it fixed and hope they don't mess with it again. I shaved my doors, and am not too happy with it. The car isn't the same ever since, colors off, etc.

Welcome to the club no one wants to be a member of.

Last edited by conq; 04-29-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

He'll be smart enough to realize that the key hole is not there. I just ordered my new little cover today, and it should be in on Tuesday.

Later,

Ray

Old 04-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Eh ok man. Takes them a second to mangle your door. I don't think the guy will take the time see if you have a keyhole under that cover or not.

Old 04-30-2005, 12:47 AM
mrb
1. Aftermarket alarm with pager
2. Bright LED for alarm mounted visibly in the car
3. Sig Sauer P229/239 with concealed carry license.

Please, thieves, try and take my car or something in it, it will be your last day on the Earth.

Old 04-30-2005, 03:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think is a good idea to do it cause i might take them an extra minute for them to figure out that its just a cover and it might enough time for you to shoot them
Sattman has it on his coupe and it look awsome.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
So what's to keep the thief from simply breaking the window?

Old 04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
or towing it!

Old 05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Exactly...far worse than getting your door scratched up.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH
or towing it!
Well because the Coupes are RWD, it would have to be towed from the back...just make sure when you park your back is in :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this to prevent our cars from being stolen???