Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best PIAA Fog bulb for HID look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the PIAA plasma GT-X and like them alot.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Asianicboi
but isn't our HID lights have a big of a yellowish color to it?
Not that I have ever seen.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
I'm currently running MTEC super whites 4350 temp, along with Piaa Extreme White bulbs in both clearance and clear corners. I will agree the Piaa extreme whites do not match as well as I would like, but they do the job.
Hey GR8TG35: I was looking at your setup and it may not match but it sure looks good to me! do you by any chance know what bulbs (model/type) do i need for the clearence and corner lights? I went to www.optauto.com (the site Skeleton recommended) and they seem to have a good selection there, but i just dont know which ones do i need to order.

As for the Foglights (H4 Bulbs) i found a pair of MTECs 2x Super White for $23.00 + shipping (dont know if they're the real deal or not but here's where i'll be ordering them from)

http://automotivelightingusa.com/ind...roducts_id=921

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:42 PM
This is what the MTECs i found look like.
I really dont know whether these are the real deal or not but maybe one of you guys that already bought them may know:

Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Those are different then the ones I just bought off of ebay...
Mine say 4350 on the front.. Lemme see if I can get the pic

Mind you, this is from mtecpower seller, who apparently is the distribution in the USA for them...

Old 06-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
H4

I'm trying to change my H4 fog bulbs but can't get them out. I got to them, and I unhooked the metal clip and they are loose but will not come out.
Please help.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:56 PM
TheKnite: i would help if i could but I just got my car 1 week ago and i'm not familiar with the proceedure for replacing the bulbs. I did opened the hood an noticed is not possible to replaced them thru there so i see you are way ahead of me...
I'm sure someone else will be able to help you out or give you a hint so you can get them out.

I'm still trying to find out what kind of bulb do i need so i can replace the clearance light bulb.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by WillJV
I'm still trying to find out what kind of bulb do i need so i can replace the clearance light bulb.
You need a 168/194 wedge size bulb, or wedge LED. You can get PIAA Xtreme Whites or PIAA white/white LEDs or just generic LEDs. Do a search on clearance or sidemarker lights and it'll come up with a ton of pics.

As for getting the fogs out, the metal clip goes on both sides of the bulb, so if you unhooked it already, just squeeze it on both sides and pull it down, there is nothing else that holds the bulb in place. Just keep trying, and make sure your car is jacked up enough to give you plenty of clearance and that you've removed enough of the wheel well liner to be able to see what you're doing. I used my small make-up mirror and it helped a lot!

Old 06-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the help Finity:
I havent gotten as far as removing the fogs as i havent i just ordered them. But from what you said, I now know that i have to jack up the car and remove the wheel liner in order to get to the fogs... can i get to the clearance bulb from there as well? or do i have to remove any other parts in order to get to them?

Thanks again,

Old 06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Nah, the clearance strip is much easier than the fogs. You don't even need to jack the car up, much less take off the wheel. Just turn the steering wheel all the way. Even for the fogs I don't recommend taking off the wheel, chances are you're going to scratch it around the lugnuts. Check this thread which shows you which plastic clips to remove

https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/43366-easy-way-change-clearance-lights.html

Old 06-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the link... looks pretty helpful!! I'm going to stop by a local store on my way home (after work) and see if i can pick up the 168 bulbs so i can change them today (if i find them of course) if not then i'll just have to order them and do everything along with the fogs.
Thanks for the tips!
I'll post the results

Old 06-04-2005, 04:02 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
You won't find them at any autostore, you have to order them online. If you're getting PIAAs, try importperformancewarehouse.com, you'll get them in 2 days.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Finity: You were absolutely right! i stopped by a local autoshop and they didnt have them so i'll be ordering them online tomorrow.. thanks for all the tips... i'm looking forward to post pictures of the results

Old 06-05-2005, 03:00 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Are you looking for a perfect match to the HIDs? The PIAA Teras are 100% white and the brightest out there, but they'll cost ya $100 or so and require additional modifications.. check out those two if you're looking for something similar.. and btw the LEDs don't look nearly as blue in person.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=175
https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=176

Old 06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey Finity,
For some reason I dont see any pictures when i go to this link:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=175
Based on what some of the guys replied on this threated i was planning on going with the MTEC H4 Super White and the PIAA Super White clearance lights you mentioned... would that be a good combo?

Last edited by WillJV; 06-05-2005 at 04:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best PIAA Fog bulb for HID look?