Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005 | 10:04 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
You'd pit 2gs in his face in a second? Calling him stupid? Wow... how old are you (really, I want to know)? After this post, I just lost all respect for you.

And also, what is there to be proud of? Spending alot of money for a name? Go ahead and spend $90 on a pair of jeans. I'll go to ROSS and buy the same thing for a quarter of the price You be proud of those jeans... and I'll be proud that at your price I also bought a shirt, jacket and shoes to go with it!

To me honest... and I dont mean any disrespect or to offend you, but you seem to be very young and/or sheltered. You chose priciples and pride, which are all relative and psychological which ultimately makes it illogical, and you completely disregareded all value of money, which is tangible and universally important to everyone.
It takes a life time to build respect and one post to lose it! =) Come on dude, how much respect could you have had for him....he had like 60 posts when he entered this thread. BTW, JUAN, I'm getting a replica too.

Old 07-18-2005 | 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Asianicboi
Hey guys i went by my bodyshop after work today and see how the fitment went, and the results was that the rear and side are of pretty good fit with minor adjustment here and there (but NO WAY perfect fitment)

but the front just went down to the ****hole on the passenger corner (headlight area), it does not fit AT ALL, major work has to be done with the front. i didnt' take any close up pictures, but i'll b sure to do that next time i head over to the shop

i'm really pissed off because how come G352NV's frds replica front fits so well, and mine doesn't? sigh... here are some pictures.

Hey man where did you order this kit from?

Old 07-19-2005 | 07:04 PM
Any updated pics of how it looks now and were you pleased with the results?

Old 07-19-2005 | 07:37 PM
The replica looks wrong without the emblems. My neighbor has the real deal and it looks so much better with the front and side emblems.

Old 07-19-2005 | 08:12 PM
Not if you cut it out in the front and fill in the sides.

Old 07-19-2005 | 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by rubmiraito
The replica looks wrong without the emblems. My neighbor has the real deal and it looks so much better with the front and side emblems.
yo retard, look for my other thread regarding to "emblem" solution

your neighbor also payed $2000 USD more for the "real deal" just for the emblems LoL

Old 07-19-2005 | 08:50 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by iChiBahN
yo retard, look for my other thread regarding to "emblem" solution

your neighbor also payed $2000 USD more for the "real deal" just for the emblems LoL
Hold on a sec. He paid for perfect fitment and those fog lights and real CF around them. I wanted the real deal. I was tired of playing the guessing game with knock offs. My best friend bought a KS knock off and it fit great. But for me I didnt have the time to deal with mine not fitting. I also did a review on the knock off and how it fit.
I dont care if someone buys a knock off BUT dont talk **** about someone that buys the real deal. Im guessing that the knock off fitment problems will start to surface now that there has been a bunch sold.

Old 07-19-2005 | 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Hold on a sec. He paid for perfect fitment and those fog lights and real CF around them. I wanted the real deal. I was tired of playing the guessing game with knock offs. My best friend bought a KS knock off and it fit great. But for me I didnt have the time to deal with mine not fitting. I also did a review on the knock off and how it fit.
I dont care if someone buys a knock off BUT dont talk **** about someone that buys the real deal. Im guessing that the knock off fitment problems will start to surface now that there has been a bunch sold.
my bad

my worst side got the best of me when i typed that reply =[

Old 07-19-2005 | 11:40 PM
Ichibahn, you're the worst kind of poser. You're calling me names and my neighbor and idiot for owning the real thing when you call your fakie fakie kit kenstyle in your sig. Get a life.

Thank you! At least someone here has common sense. His car looks amazing. I'd just like to add that I've seen two knockoff kits on the G in person and I'm sorry but the fitment was still nothing near the real deal and the fiberglass is too thick. The Carbon around the foglights on the real kenstyle looks great as did the foglights that come with it. Both of the knockoff kits I saw had no foglights and it didn't look like there was a good way of mounting them. Also, that chicken wire grill on the knock off makes the car look cheap.

I realize how much cheaper the knockoff kits are but I simply will not skimp when it comes to my G. I bought an Infiniti, not a Honda. I plan to own this car for awhile and I've seen alot off knockoff kits on my friends 240's chip, crack, and sag after a few months. I'm far from rich but I'm going to save my money until I can get the real thing.

Last edited by rubmiraito; 07-19-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2005 | 12:22 AM
can somebody answer my question and tell me where this kit came from?

Old 07-20-2005 | 12:55 AM
it came from a forum member... his nam is 350forums.

As far as orginal and replicas, I will continue to encourage a good replica over the originals as long as they carry such a ridiculously high price. I bodykit should NOT cost that much! Untill they are at a reasonable price, a good replica installed by a good bodyshop is the way to go.

Old 07-20-2005 | 02:24 AM
this thread is funny as hell... im more pissed about everyone and there mom having the kenstyle kit.. than the real vs replica argument.. thats why im switching my chit up! custom style baby..

Old 07-20-2005 | 11:05 AM
See what happens, I'm tried of all this bullsht!!! So if I can help in any way here are some pics for everyone who're having fitment issues,
MAY BE NOW THE BODYSHOPS CAN GET IT RIGHT

Attached Thumbnails My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL-p1010001.jpg   My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL-p1010002.jpg   My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL-p1010004.jpg   My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL-p1010005.jpg  
Old 07-21-2005 | 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
it came from a forum member... his nam is 350forums.

As far as orginal and replicas, I will continue to encourage a good replica over the originals as long as they carry such a ridiculously high price. I bodykit should NOT cost that much! Untill they are at a reasonable price, a good replica installed by a good bodyshop is the way to go.
well, when a "good replica" comes out, you let us know. all the ones I have seen are marginal at best and just look cheap without the emblems and they have that nasty chicken wire. as g352nv said, the fitment issues will only get worse as more are produced.

sorry if i prefer kenstyle over chenstyle but I will continue to encourage japanese tuners to make original product by buying their stuff rather than giving money to sweatshops to make cheap copies.

Last edited by rubmiraito; 07-21-2005 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-21-2005 | 01:11 AM
just to give you guys a warning, i now have a -1 feedback rating from 350zforums because i called him out on his bad customer service and bad product.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL