Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rubmiraito
well, when a "good replica" comes out, you let us know. all the ones I have seen are marginal at best and just look cheap without the emblems and they have that nasty chicken wire. as g352nv said, the fitment issues will only get worse as more are produced.

sorry if i prefer kenstyle over chenstyle but I will continue to encourage japanese tuners to make original product by buying their stuff rather than giving money to sweatshops to make cheap copies.
"good replica", I suppose is relative. IMO, if it can be installed with just a few small gaps, its good. Good... meaning... good enough that a bodyshop can work with it and make it fit just as well as an OEM fit.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:17 AM
OEM fit means you can just bolt it on and it fits right without any modification. Not even all of the JDM aero parts can claim to have OEM fitment. I've yet to ever see an OEM fitting knockoff and because the molds used to make knockoffs tend to be low quality and lose their consistancy over time, fitment suffers.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:58 AM
yo, top-oven2001 why dont you keep your coments for the rich boys that can affort the "real thing " and leave the rest of us who are satisfied with replicas alone.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
OEM fit means you can just bolt it on and it fits right without any modification. Not even all of the JDM aero parts can claim to have OEM fitment. I've yet to ever see an OEM fitting knockoff and because the molds used to make knockoffs tend to be low quality and lose their consistancy over time, fitment suffers.
You either misunderstood me, or mis-read my post. 100% of ALL replicas that are modified by the bodyshop to have OEM fitment.... HAVE OEM FITMENT.

By going the replica route, a person will not only have a bodykit that has oem fitment (after modification) but will still save $1500-$2000. Is that amount of savings worth the hassle of leaving it in the bodyshop for just a couple days longer? I would have to say yes. IMO, that amount is a significant amount to sway people away from the original manufacturers... and they will continue to lose more business to replicas untill they sell their bodykits at a reasonalble price.

Last edited by Silverbolt; 07-21-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by rubmiraito
just to give you guys a warning, i now have a -1 feedback rating from 350zforums because i called him out on his bad customer service and bad product.
Hey RUBmiraito, maybe it's the incredible way you tend to RUB people the wrong way. With 18 posts here, you sure aren't starting off very well...for those that don't know, this character proceeded to crack jokes about another members wife having cancer. He's an idiot, IMO.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:11 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
for the people buying the replicas what are you putting in the places for the emblems? are you leaving them empty or can you order them from kenstyle?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Hey RUBmiraito, maybe it's the incredible way you tend to RUB people the wrong way. With 18 posts here, you sure aren't starting off very well...for those that don't know, this character proceeded to crack jokes about another members wife having cancer. He's an idiot, IMO.
Hey Randy, why don't you RUB off?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Rub a dub dub, Randys done a hell of a lot more for these forums and these members than you have yet to. And based on that fact alone he has way more respect and credibility than you with just your 19 posts, so its wise to think before you type and not talk out of your a$$....

Not to mention Ive ordered from 350forums about 3-4x in the past always w/ good success....

Last edited by pdjafari; 07-21-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Rub a dub dub, Randys done a hell of a lot more for these forums and these members than you have yet to. And based on that fact alone he has way more respect and credibility than you with just your 19 posts, so its wise to think before you type and not talk out of your a$$....

Not to mention Ive ordered from 350forums about 3-4x in the past always w/ good success....
Way to back a brotha'...thanks

Old 07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
This thread is getting funnier by the day, now we have people name calling and stating so called facts when they don't know the answers.
As G352NV mentioned a long time ago, not even the originals have perfect bolt on fitments, so saying that ALL replicas are bad is just an uneducated remark, as I remembered the replica was thicker than the original and fit just as good if not better.
As long as the manufacturer uses good molds then there should be no reason why standards should fall.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Never enough
Urban heres the problem. You know me I could give a **** less who buys what! I built my car for me. The guys that are making the knock off dont really care about the end result. Ive seen it in the past and Im 100% sure I will see it in the future. A mould is only good for about 30 parts then they have to make a new mould. Heres where the problem starts. These guys making the stuff are so cheap they end up making a mould of a copy and on and on. Now the fitment problems start. You and a few others including my best friend bought early on and thats the way to do it! If your going to buy a knock off do it right from the start cause if you dont you'll run into BIG problems. I would bet big bux that in the not too far future we will start to see a LOT of fitment threads. Im just trying to share what I know so many of these guys can have a little info before they buy.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey, like most posters here, I'm all for saving money... but I certainly would want to make sure what I install doesn't affect the overall value of my investment. For that reason, I, like G352NV, would probably get an original.

Everybody has their reasons and, like it or not, it's their investment to do with how they want and with whatever cash they got.

Petty insults and criticism is a waste of cyberspace and if you think we can all agree then you are fooling yourself.

End of the day.. Ichibahn will be happy and we can all go home and find something else to beat up on tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Ohio G Club Member
One of the reasons I went with the original is the fantastic remote fog lights. You can turn them on/off in all modes including high beams. Can't wait until tomorrow when I pick her up!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by G352NV
Urban heres the problem. You know me I could give a **** less who buys what! I built my car for me. The guys that are making the knock off dont really care about the end result. Ive seen it in the past and Im 100% sure I will see it in the future. A mould is only good for about 30 parts then they have to make a new mould. Heres where the problem starts. These guys making the stuff are so cheap they end up making a mould of a copy and on and on. Now the fitment problems start. You and a few others including my best friend bought early on and thats the way to do it! If your going to buy a knock off do it right from the start cause if you dont you'll run into BIG problems. I would bet big bux that in the not too far future we will start to see a LOT of fitment threads. Im just trying to share what I know so many of these guys can have a little info before they buy.
Steve you are one of those educated people which people should listen to as you have had experiences in the past(I think) but there are some people who don't know the facts and just blurt out what they feel is correct(in their mind only).
By they way mine came out great and I will take pics soon, right now it is in the shop having some internal work done

Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by G352NV

Exactly. And that, my friend, is why I already bought my bodykit and still havent bought my G yet.

I also bought my stuff from 350forums. I cant anything about the fitment yet, but the quality seems to be pretty good. The service was amazing, and I look forward to do more business with him! (Ings face ducts )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Kenstyle Replica Review! *Not perfect Fit AT ALL