Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g8tor20
Not to raise this from the dead....Funny how TS never answered this. I love the bumber but WILL NOT pay $950 + prep/paint for the bumper. Would I go for the replica...probably not but stop yelling at people who do. Its a risk and some get rewarded and some don't. With that said...I know of several people, including myself, who want the TS bumper but WILL NOT pay the $950. If TS wants to step up and offer a GB price of $750, people, including me, will buy that over the replica. Just funny how he avoided it. Either step up and lower your incredibly high prices
$750 is less than our wholesale price, i'm sorry but this simply isn't possible.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey look who it is, good ole' Top Secret. Ever give it a break?

Old 10-03-2005, 04:07 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
$750 is less than our wholesale price, i'm sorry but this simply isn't possible.

Well then lower your wholesale price. Problem solved.

If you would have said, $750 is below the cost to manufacture the bumper, then, I can't really say anything. But saying it's below your wholesale price isn't saying much except that TS rips off the wholesalers too. So sad b/c its such a nice bumper...

Old 10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm dissappointed that there is so much hate on this board...anyhow, enough about the price, here are some pics of the authentic bumper for comparison.

main point of emphasis of these pics is the license plate mounting points that are embedded into the bumper. They allow you to use a swivel license plate bracket or one of those neat JDM brackets that hides the license plate when you hit a certain speed on the freeway.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Randy G, the biggest proponent on these boards of this counterfeit front got his and the fitment/quality is...well, i'll let the pics speak for themselves...
Yep. And you know what. I would buy this bumper all over again instead of buying your OVERPRICED, OVERRATED POS product you pompous @$$. Don't you know with every post you make people hate you more and more. I could of never known what the quality of the product was going to be before hand and after seeing it first hand, I now know. But it was all worth it in the end. I'll still never buy any HYPE Secret products. Do you even own a G? And it's Randys_G d!ck.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Yep. And you know what. I would buy this bumper all over again instead of buying your OVERPRICED, OVERRATED POS product you pompous @$$. Don't you know with every post you make people hate you more and more. I could of never known what the quality of the product was going to be before hand and after seeing it first hand, I now know. But it was all worth it in the end. I'll still never buy any HYPE Secret products. Do you even own a G? And it's Randys_G d!ck.
I understand that you don't like me. That point is obvious to all but there needs to be a distinct seperation of your opinion of me and your opinion of Top Secret products. I'm just here to defend Top Secret protects against inferior knockoffs that diminish our image. For every time that someone posts about knockoffs and misinforms the public with the idea that cheap copies can compare to our quality and fitment, there must be someone who provides facts from the authentic perspective. It is clear that you don't want to hear them and that you wish that the product was more afforable....regardless of how unpopular I may be, my job is to defend Top Secret online.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:00 PM
i purchased the top secret front from top secret and the fitment was dead on. true, i paid a lot more then that of the replica, but i had the piece of mind that a japanese kit is going to be in much better condition fitment-wise and material wise. The front is literally as light if not lighter then the stock piece, there is a small fitment problem on my left clear corner though, similar to that of the pics posted earlier. The clear corner does not snap into place, so it does move a bit back and forth, so its not flush with the bumper. Other side fits perfect. The guys at Top Secret were hella cool, they hooked me up and helped me load the bumper into my car. Im kinda neutral on things here, the bumper was a perfect fit (besides the clear corner which was easily fixable), the guys there were cool, but the price is ridiculous. So I agree with the majority of people that the TS is overpriced, but then again, youd see that **** on every G if it was affordable right? Would it really be appreciated as much?

Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I understand that you don't like me. That point is obvious to all but there needs to be a distinct seperation of your opinion of me and your opinion of Top Secret products. I'm just here to defend Top Secret protects against inferior knockoffs that diminish our image. For every time that someone posts about knockoffs and misinforms the public with the idea that cheap copies can compare to our quality and fitment, there must be someone who provides facts from the authentic perspective. It is clear that you don't want to hear them and that you wish that the product was more afforable....regardless of how unpopular I may be, my job is to defend Top Secret online.
And in doing so, you've completely screwed the company's image. Congrats! And you didn't read wrong, I don't like YOU and I DON'T LIKE TOP SECRET. You're an @$$ and they rip people off.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:06 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by ferocios31
Would it really be appreciated as much?
I think it would. Clear corners are $30 bucks and I appreciate them everytime I see them....even if everyone and their mother has one. The TS bumper is certainly beautiful but its appreciation has nothing to do with the price. I hope that made sense. I'm happy things worked out for you and TS though.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:26 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by ferocios31
the bumper was a perfect fit (besides the clear corner which was easily fixable)
for $950 + shipping, the clear corner should fit like OEM...figures. So much for perfect fitment, huh, ROO?

Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM
And in doing so, you've completely screwed the company's image. Congrats! And you didn't read wrong, I don't like YOU and I DON'T LIKE TOP SECRET. You're an @$$ and they rip people off.
Your repeated profanity/name calling is not appriciated. I'm sure Lieberman Software would not appriciate it either...

for $950 + shipping, the clear corner should fit like OEM...figures. So much for perfect fitment, huh, ROO?
pictures would be good...all the one's I've sen in person had no fitment issues though one guy had some ebay clear corners which weren't a perfect replacement.

Last edited by TOPSECRET2001; 10-03-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Never enough
Well guys I dunno what to say here. There are always going to those who want real and who want fake. I dont know why everyone always gets on TS about defending his product. In my case I dont like dealing with all the extra work that it takes to buy a knock off. Maybe its because I do my own work.
I bought my real KS from a company here in cali. Guess what, they didnt include fog light rings that come with the kit. I posted on here a while back about this and guess who PM'ed me and said I have a free set coming. Thats right TS! Hes ok in my book!!!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Your repeated profanity/name calling is not appriciated. I'm sure Lieberman Software would not appriciate it either...
You just don't know how to stop harassing the members that make or break you Roo? Tracking down a persons IP address takes time and effort so I am going to guess that the TopSecret Shack is not bustling with business huh?

Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You want pics, here you go... You asked for them.... This is REAL Top Secret front bumper! NOT a replica!

Shotty surface prep, look at that edge......

Here's those "tape line" I had mentioned, what's up with that? $950 and I have to deal with this?

Cheap solder wire like mesh hold downs, most bent and broke off before we even got the mesh on into place.... VERY CHEAP!

Check out the gap! The OEM clear corner wouldnt even stay in place, even after we tried adjusting its metal tab to fit the HUGE opening TS left... Who's the guy in R&D who designed this?

Can you say UGLY gap? Not even close!

More gaps and nasty edges, and this is "high quality"?

Hard to see, but there's a small hairline crack.... Is this thing real? LMAO!

Just some more of the many surfaces inperfections that cost almost a grand...

Bad edges, deep scratches, and loads of "high quality" prep here....

The bumper also DID NOT line up where it met the corners of front headlights, and there was really very little we could do to fix that, other than push, pull and tighten it to the best of our ability.....

Sorry TS, but asking to see pics may have not been such a good idea. I opted NOt to post these images, but since you want to see pics, here ya go.

Claiming and constantly bragging your stuff or I should say when you refer to ALL ORIGINAL JDM stuff is better than anything "replica" is a pretty poor way to try and keep your head above water.

Face it, fiberglass is fiberglass, and everything BOTH original, replica or unlce bobs body parts, is just that.... CHEAP FIBERGLASS! So its best NOT to say yours will require less work, or turn out better in the long run when you yourself dont always put out "quality" stuff.

What's the excuse with this TS bumper? What happen here? Did it somehow slip through the quality check points at TS? I think everyone will want to know since no one really had any first hand pics of your bumper (out of the box) till now other than the super clean ones you just so happen to post...

We're all ears TS.....

Old 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Ouch and thank you, fiberglass is fiberglass unless TS blesses it then it's holy relica glass that makes it cost 1000% more to make. I'll take my replica and 200.00 to fit it please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TS replica fitment thread