Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S.O.S.! bodyshop problem with YS Kenstyle kit...in need of desperate guidance!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.O.S.! bodyshop problem with YS Kenstyle kit...in need of desperate guidance!

I own a 2004 black Infiniti G35 and I recently purchased the yakuza sydicate kenstyle bodykit(front and rear) from 350forums. I took the kit and the accessories to a bodyshop to have everything fitted, painted, and installed. When I went to go pick up the car I found that they had done a terrible job. Not only was the paint on the back bumper bubbling, the color of the bumper and the rest of the body were completely off. The body shop told me the reason for this color difference was because when the kit was shipped off to get fitted and painted only the color code of the car was given instead of an actual sample. This seems to make no sense considering the shop had the actual car along with the kit the entire time for approximately two and a half weeks. Not only did I find these problems, but it also seemed like the bumpers were not sanded and/or primed right. There were marks all over the bumpers and it appeared that the paint was just painted over these marks. The body shop explained that they had told me that this may happen, however, this cannot be true because I have no recollection of this. The alignment of the bumper is also a tad bit off. When I complained to the body shop, they explained to me that in order for such problems to be fixed I would have to pay an additional amount on top of the charges for the fit and paint job. This body shop not only did a horrible job they did not complete the job in the amount of time I was promised. I feel that because the body shop were the ones at fault for these mistakes they should fix the problems free of charge, however, they refuse to do this. I am not quite sure as to how I should go about with this. If anyone has any advice or ideas concerning this mishap, I would be more than thankful of your guidance. I am really at a loss now... and I sincerely seek any of the forum members' help... thank you.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would definetly blame your body shop for this. do you have any other bodyshops you can take it to? and also did you look at their work prior to letting them paint n install your kit? thats very sad they took 2.5weeks and yet did a horrible job. sounds to me like these guys aren't very good at what they're doing. did you get the kit in fg or poly? they better do something to fix it if you're not satisfied. show them that you're very upset and raise hell.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Better Business Bureau...

Old 08-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Never enough
This is pretty much what Ive been talking about. But Im sure you got a good deal for the paint work eh. To glaze a front and rear bumper cover its takes time, lots of time. If the job would be done right it would take about four hours each bumper to glaze @ 65.00 a hour. Then prime, then wetsand thats about one hour @65.00 a hour. Now paint 1/2 hour plus all that material. Your bill should be about 850.00. If you paid less you got what you paid for.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Never enough
Just saw your other post. Sounds like you got hosed! The labor shouldnt be more then what I posted.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G352NV
Just saw your other post. Sounds like you got hosed! The labor shouldnt be more then what I posted.
agreed. i'm coming from a custom bodyshop too. you can't put cheap and bodyshop in the same sentence.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:39 PM
you need to go back to that shop and tell the owner that youre not only going to go to the BBB, but youre going to file a small claims suit on him, this guy seems like hes stepping all over you dude.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude you got screwed! That guy is full of it. Color codes are precisely to avoid the kind of **** he did to you. He obviously did not use OEM paint which is something I would insist on if I were to get a bodykit.

I would go to a reputable bodyshop, get an estimate to correct the problem and tell him he's paying for it. If not sue him for the obvious damages he did to your car.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by Chico
Dude you got screwed! That guy is full of it. Color codes are precisely to avoid the kind of **** he did to you. He obviously did not use OEM paint which is something I would insist on if I were to get a bodykit.

I would go to a reputable bodyshop, get an estimate to correct the problem and tell him he's paying for it. If not sue him for the obvious damages he did to your car.
There is no such thing as OEM paint. You have brands of paint and you wont ever know what brand the factory uses. A paint code is a paint code. 95% of the time it still wont match you have to adjust and or blend.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Just got my Ken rep sides and rear done - no problems - came out perfect - its GOTTA be the body shop!

If you want the name and ph # to my shop PM me - have your shop call them and ask them any questions they want.....

Sorry to hear

Old 08-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what kinda dumbass cant match black? especially one as flat/plain as hell as ours

you got fcked dude.. go back there raise hell.. u shouldnt have even paid for the work if it was like that..