Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cf Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I'll be unique now, lol, j/k.

Yeah that wire is suspect too. If mine becomes flaky i'm gonna replace it as well.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Never enough
Yep its all you! My fitment was crap but has been fixed. In the end I just dont really care for it.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I'm sure replicas even come with a grill.... or wires for that matter! Even my GReddy was only held on by this very soft bendable wire and has come off on one side. You gotta remember, some people don't want the grill at all, maybe they have an FMIC they wantto show off better, and maybe some people have nothing and would like something to cover up the big hole and try to keep leaves and such off the radiator. You think people really wanna fight it too much to get the mesh OFF? Then they would complain about that too. But who changed the subject to grills anyway? Sounds llike more BULL**** bitching to me.........
mesh on a front bumper and mesh on a hood are 2 different things. someone might want to 'show' their FMIC hence the cheap mesh solution on the bumper. what could you possibly want to show through a small gap in the hood??

Old 09-28-2005, 11:17 PM
anyone know who molds dry carbon?

Old 09-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The "mesh reponse" was stated to the fact that TS has a habit of posting about how great, grand and fantastic their products are and how superior they are to others "on the market" as he always claims, and so the bone I wanted to pick with him was the problems that I personally experienced with one of his products....

It wasn't a hood, but if they use similar techniques and or apply similar build standards to all their products, then the little metal tabs they use to hold down the mesh in any of their products are simply horrible. Plainly put!

In response to the Greddy bumper, I too have an original Greddy and yes it has small thin wires that hold the mesh in place, but even as thin as they are they're at least 10X stronger than what came on the TS bumper (believe it or not). The wires TS had on were literally on the same line as a piece of solder. Bent and broke off with one bend! My Greddy's have been bent on and off, mesh removed several times, and has been on my car for over two years and they're still all there! Every single one. While I was simply test fitting the mesh on my friend TS bumper, more than half broke off, and the remianing were all gone by the time he drove his car from NY to NJ for HIN in AC. It was a JOKE! We had to tape the mesh in place for the show...

If they use the same wires on their hoods, they won't last long either! The last thing I would want is a piece of metal mesh falling down on to my engine and wrapping itself around my belts....

So don't take what I'm saying out of content. As for the "fight", if you read up into the post, it has NOTHING to do with the mesh statement, so there's no Bull slinging in regrads to anything concearning mesh... I don't know where you got that from.... The "fight subject" was in reference to TS crying because a legit vender posted up some items for sale and he cried out about whether or not they were a sponsored vender.... Everyone else (not me) jumped the guys bones and called him out...

My issue with TS is that I have worked with their products first hand, and they're NOT all that they're cracked up to be. If you're going to boast and brag, make sure what you're backing can hold it's own. For the amount of $$$ my friend spent on his real TS bumper, it had some issues that shouldn't been there in the first place. I mentioned replica's because, quite frankly (and yes like a few other forum members, I too work on all my own stuff) I have had more luck and better results using replica's than some of the real deals out there (with the exception of my original Greddy front and sides, which look, fit and are built amazingly well)....

Last edited by ducatiguy; 09-29-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Trying to justify a product thats cheaply made by stating alternate uses is just about the most asinine thing I have ever heard. I never said you brought up bumpers, I was referring to the mesh. It just makes you think, what if that the mesh in the bumpers and hood are secured the same way, hence why I made my comment. Regardless, I have full faith in duke and coupin and their word is good enough for me.

homegirl, you need to stand up, and take off your knee pads and wipe away TS's stains from your cheeks...

Last edited by pdjafari; 09-29-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Never enough
Duc, I really dunno what to say. I know you do a lot of work yourself like I do. Ive delt with knock offs and I dont know how you could even compare them to the real deal! I havent seen one REAL TS KS or Greddy that needed work! But when it comes to the knock offs Ive seen they need a TON! A few of them did fit REALLY good but needed to be glazed and as you know thats a TON of work if you want a flat bumper. As for price, you can get a real TS bumper for 900.00. You can get a knock off for about 450.00 now add the work that needs to be done! There was a guy that came to the shop from this site a few weeks ago. He had a knock off TS bumper. He paid another shop to paint and fit it. Guess what, they didnt glaze it. So he brought it to my buddies shop to fix it. He has paid way more then it would have cost just to buy the real deal! For those reasons, if my wire that hold the mesh on breaks Ill just add bondo glass in spots to hold it on. I'd rather have great fitment. But hey thats just me.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
The "mesh reponse" was stated to the fact that TS has a habit of posting about how great, grand and fantastic their products are and how superior they are to others "on the market" as he always claims, and so the bone I wanted to pick with him was the problems that I personally experienced with one of his products....

It wasn't a hood, but if they use similar techniques and or apply similar build standards to all their products, then the little metal tabs they use to hold down the mesh in any of their products are simply horrible. Plainly put!

In response to the Greddy bumper, I too have an original Greddy and yes it has small thin wires that hold the mesh in place, but even as thin as they are they're at least 10X stronger than what came on the TS bumper (believe it or not). The wires TS had on were literally on the same line as a piece of solder. Bent and broke off with one bend! My Greddy's have been bent on and off, mesh removed several times, and has been on my car for over two years and they're still all there! Every single one. While I was simply test fitting the mesh on my friend TS bumper, more than half broke off, and the remianing were all gone by the time he drove his car from NY to NJ for HIN in AC. It was a JOKE! We had to tape the mesh in place for the show...

If they use the same wires on their hoods, they won't last long either! The last thing I would want is a piece of metal mesh falling down on to my engine and wrapping itself around my belts....

So don't take what I'm saying out of content. As for the "fight", if you read up into the post, it has NOTHING to do with the mesh statement, so there's no Bull slinging in regrads to anything concearning mesh... I don't know where you got that from.... The "fight subject" was in reference to TS crying because a legit vender posted up some items for sale and he cried out about whether or not they were a sponsored vender.... Everyone else (not me) jumped the guys bones and called him out...

My issue with TS is that I have worked with their products first hand, and they're NOT all that they're cracked up to be. If you're going to boast and brag, make sure what you're backing can hold it's own. For the amount of $$$ my friend spent on his real TS bumper, it had some issues that shouldn't been there in the first place. I mentioned replica's because, quite frankly (and yes like a few other forum members, I too work on all my own stuff) I have had more luck and better results using replica's than some of the real deals out there (with the exception of my original Greddy front and sides, which look, fit and are built amazingly well)....
Ditto to this.

Originally Posted by G252NV
Duc, I really dunno what to say. I know you do a lot of work yourself like I do. Ive delt with knock offs and I dont know how you could even compare them to the real deal! I havent seen one REAL TS KS or Greddy that needed work! But when it comes to the knock offs Ive seen they need a TON! A few of them did fit REALLY good but needed to be glazed and as you know thats a TON of work if you want a flat bumper. As for price, you can get a real TS bumper for 900.00. You can get a knock off for about 450.00 now add the work that needs to be done! There was a guy that came to the shop from this site a few weeks ago. He had a knock off TS bumper. He paid another shop to paint and fit it. Guess what, they didnt glaze it. So he brought it to my buddies shop to fix it. He has paid way more then it would have cost just to buy the real deal! For those reasons, if my wire that hold the mesh on breaks Ill just add bondo glass in spots to hold it on. I'd rather have great fitment. But hey thats just me.
Steve, not picking a fight, but I was there when the bumper was delivered, everything Duc said was true and the bumper did need some work. There were holes that needed to be filled (for the price it should be pristine) and the side markers didn't fit. That was all before it was fitted.

I know after taking it off to "fix" the cheap wire TS used putting it back on was far from easy. We had to constantly play with it to get it to sit right and it's still not perfect again.

Just my .02.