Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

ts -1 front bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ts -1 front bumper?

anyone out here have the extreme dimensions ts-1 front bumper?if so any fitment issues, how do you like it meaning is it sturdy or flimsy?thanks in advance

Old 10-05-2005, 10:35 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Woah.....have you checked out this nifty little thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/61750-ts-replica-fitment-thread.html

I think thats the ED TS-1 bumper being discussed

Old 10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
^^actually its locked now...and Randy's been banned...

Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Randy's banned? w t f???

Old 10-05-2005, 11:35 AM
thanks guys..saw the post..still hard though..i see the imperfections on the TS front and the TS replica front...should i spend more for the original or get the replica and pay extra for body work?

Old 10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
ya, read the last page of the thread, IMHO its 'frowned upon' to speak negatively about the vendor/sponsors on the boards, even if you have a valid reason/justification. although randy isnt the type to back down and used some harsh words...still cant believe they'd ban a premier member who's been on the boards for so long and provided so much information ....

Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
ya, read the last page of the thread, IMHO its 'frowned upon' to speak negatively about the vendor/sponsors on the boards, even if you have a valid reason/justification. although randy isnt the type to back down and used some harsh words...still cant believe they'd ban a premier member who's been on the boards for so long and provided so much information ....
I agree. Randy was an asset to the board and have no problem having him speak his mind. If he wasn't talking about a top sponsor, this wouldn't have happened. I hope Kyle and Randy can make some amends as I enjoyed Randy's posts. He was the one who convinced me to go FI. Sucks that money gets in the way of an open and public forum (though I know there are rules). Just doesn't seem right.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:58 AM
I too want to know from the guys who ordered the replica front, how was the fitment.

Please don't get into the whole replica/authentic argument or whether duplicating something is right/wrong. I just want to know how good or bad was the replica. We all know Randy's didn't fit too well. But what about the others? How far off were they. The locked thread really didnt go into it too much as it became a bashers ball from the getgo. But I would still love to know the true quality of the TS-1 from ED.

Hope this doesnt get locked too

Old 10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm not going to get all into the politics cause its obvious who has the power here but I did two things in ordering my bumper that was not recommended and got the best service.. 1. I ordered the TS1 bumper and 2. It was from 350ZForums.org

The fitment.. I didnt expect it to be perfect and it wasnt.. but it was nowhere near lousy. The real modification came where the bumper lines up with the fenders and that is it, other than that everything fits pretty nicely.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's real clean looking tony, do you have any more pic's of the car? I have one question for you, did you remove all the foam around the brace when your bumper was installed? ...that's assuming you kept your brace.

Originally Posted by tony
I'm not going to get all into the politics cause its obvious who has the power here but I did two things in ordering my bumper that was not recommended and got the best service.. 1. I ordered the TS1 bumper and 2. It was from 350ZForums.org

The fitment.. I didnt expect it to be perfect and it wasnt.. but it was nowhere near lousy. The real modification came where the bumper lines up with the fenders and that is it, other than that everything fits pretty nicely.
The more that I think about it, I think everyone should get the TS-1 bumper though, from my experience with TS, they're a great company, and do have pretty great products. However, considering the fitment on my Authentic TS Bumper, it isn't 100% perfect. I believe with body work on the TS-1 it will still be cheaper. 350zforums has pretty good service as well. And yes usually replica stuff sucks, and they are evil, and blah blah, but I'm mad I spent nearly 1000 on something I could something just as nice for less... more money for other stuff you know?

Old 10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
hmm I dont have any close up daylight pics but I should be getting some professional pictures done within the next week or so. And yes the foam is gone but I have no had any problems.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:14 AM
i'm going to get the real thing after seeing these pics:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69285

the way i see it, there is no point in adding anything to a car that does not make it better than stock in some way....the OEM pieces are better than the knockoff pieces in terms of quality. in some cases even the authentic pieces aren't as good as OEM. In this case, if you can't afford the real thing, leave your car stock as the pieces you have stock are better than this knock off stuff.

Last edited by bluebuddha; 10-06-2005 at 04:17 AM.