Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TS replica fitment thread

My buddy picked one up and now he is seriously regretting it. One of our other friends has the real top secret front and the difference is night and day. The replica looks like it will fit until you remove your bumper and bolt it on. (did i mention that no holes are predrilled and it's a PITA to line everything up) There are gaps here and there. The sidemarker lights do not even fit! The body shop wanted over $800 just to fit it right onto the car. (not including the paint) Even then they couldn't warranty the fiberglass work because they said the bumper will flex and crack the places where the bumper needs work. The mesh looks like a home depot special but it's even weaker. I want to call it chicken wire but even a chicken could tear it's way out of a cage with this stuff. The tipper is the license plate holes. (lack of) The guy we know with the real top secret front has a jdm swivel bracket that mounts on the bumper. It stays on their firm. The real bumper has a reinforced place with threaded metal mounts molded into the underside of the bumper. I wouldn't even try to mount a license plate on the replica.

In the end, we put the oem bumper back on his car and called it a day. Hopefully he can get his money back for this junk.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:24 AM
you really like to trash people, mm do u mind showing some picture of the fitting? and also i'm really curious of your "G35".. mind posting some pictures of it as well?

Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by rubmiraito
My buddy picked one up and now he is seriously regretting it. One of our other friends has the real top secret front and the difference is night and day. The replica looks like it will fit until you remove your bumper and bolt it on. (did i mention that no holes are predrilled and it's a PITA to line everything up) There are gaps here and there. The sidemarker lights do not even fit! The body shop wanted over $800 just to fit it right onto the car. (not including the paint) Even then they couldn't warranty the fiberglass work because they said the bumper will flex and crack the places where the bumper needs work. The mesh looks like a home depot special but it's even weaker. I want to call it chicken wire but even a chicken could tear it's way out of a cage with this stuff. The tipper is the license plate holes. (lack of) The guy we know with the real top secret front has a jdm swivel bracket that mounts on the bumper. It stays on their firm. The real bumper has a reinforced place with threaded metal mounts molded into the underside of the bumper. I wouldn't even try to mount a license plate on the replica.

In the end, we put the oem bumper back on his car and called it a day. Hopefully he can get his money back for this junk.
$800 for install with no paint? Thats a total rip off! I'd take it to another shop. If theres no other bodyshop that does aftermarket stuff... then that explains why they can get away with but raping their customers. Honestly.. if I negotiated with all the bodyshops in my area, and really bargained with them all. I could have a poorly fitting kit modified, prepped, painted, and installed ALL for $800!

Old 07-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Never enough
I think this guy is full of it. PICS

Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Interesting!! I was part of that group buy for the TS1 a month or two back, and I manage to pickup my TS1 bumper a few weeks ago. Although I haven't had a chance to install the bumper yet, what "rubmiraito" said, does have some substance to it. The bumper by appearance looks very clean, no blemish, cracks, spider marks, but he is indeed right, it is not pre-drilled, and the mesh is not very good. Now I am real curious to see how the fitment is, since I was told the fitment is almost as good as the original TS bumper. I was planning on replacing the mesh, and my quote for install, paint and prep came out to $500. All in all, the total for the bumper, paint, and install, still comes out less then the TS bumper.

Originally Posted by rubmiraito

Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by iChiBahN
you really like to trash people, mm do u mind showing some picture of the fitting? and also i'm really curious of your "G35".. mind posting some pictures of it as well?
Only those who need trashing, like you. You argued that someone with your fakie fake junk is better than someone with an original that fits perfect. You can have your fakie fake but when you talk trash on someone with an original, you'll be called out for what you are, a poser.

I doubt my friend is going to want to take the bumpers off again just to get pics but I'm sure his isn't the only bumper with these problems.

Last edited by rubmiraito; 07-26-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Never enough
Aw **** you guys are killing me with this ****! First off you buy a knock off and then bitch about the mesh,lol. Pre drilled? ITS A KNOCK OFF!! This is why TS and others talk **** about knock offs. You pay 40k for a car then buy this stuff then bitch!

Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Please post pics.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G352NV
Aw **** you guys are killing me with this ****! First off you buy a knock off and then bitch about the mesh,lol. Pre drilled? ITS A KNOCK OFF!! This is why TS and others talk **** about knock offs. You pay 40k for a car then buy this stuff then bitch!
No doubt... you get what you pay for...

Old 07-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
LOL you tell em!

Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any pics of the replice bumper to see?

Old 07-26-2005, 04:37 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
This guy just got banned for a month, he was trash talking 350zforums pretty bad in our DFW forum.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I was waiting for a thread like this to start... I will say that i've had first hand experience with one of these replicas and had the same exact issues... horrible replica. Spend a little more and have piece of mind of having a piece of Japan's finest.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by narkotic
I was waiting for a thread like this to start... I will say that i've had first hand experience with one of these replicas and had the same exact issues... horrible replica. Spend a little more and have piece of mind of having a piece of Japan's finest.
yeeesss... "a little more" lol $2,000 is just a tad over "a little more" imo

Old 07-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Lets compare apples to apples silverbolt... they made a replica front bumper. They want $550 for it. The Original can be had for as low as $850. $300 is pocket change, especially for someone that can afford a $38000 car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TS replica fitment thread