Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the complete regular TS body kit. The car is in the body shop now and I should have it back by Thursday. I am paying $800 for install and paint for the whole kit. Was the kit expensive? yeah, but I think it is the nicest body kit for the G, so I bought it. I don't see how people bitch at TS for their prices being so high. Maybe if we get enough people to bitch at Posche we can get them to lower the price of their 911 turbo. I really want one. Those greedy Germans! Lower your prices biatches!

Old 10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
-----------------
BTW Ducatiguy did you look around before getting it cleaned up because that shouldnt have cost you a grand (maybe a grand to prep-primer-paint-install..)
-----------------

Just my 2 cents
BTW If I see anymore name calling or what not in thread I will close it

1 - I dont know who's name calling, and yes I agree, that's never a good thing....

2 - The price of nine hundred and change was what a friend of mine paid for the bumper not too long ago. I did the prep and install FREE of charge for him, because well - he's a friend of mine. We got the bumper sprayed by another one of my friends for a very reasonable amount. My point was, for the amount of money the bumper cost, it should have arrived in better condition. Simply put! The thick edges, shotty surface, scratches, corners that didnt fit, really didn't "live up to the high quality and standards TS brags about" and when confronted with these issues, he ever rarely gives a straight up answer other than something like "we'll look into it"....

It's great that TS believes strongly in what he sells, but at the same time, he does have a habbit on ragging on others for their opinions on TS (without actually pointing the finger, like some forum members do) and that's not cool!

The biggest problem I see here is the bragging and boasting and the fact that TS always wants to be on top of a pedetal. The fact that you yourself took the time to chime in on this post is example of that. If he doesnt get his way, its the highway for the rest of us. Why is that? Because he pays top $$$ to be a sponsor?

You know the saying, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... Well TS in a sense has been on the burner for a while now, but hasn't been able to cool the situation at hand and its gotten to this "name calling"...

My 2 cents - TS needs to do less talking and more listening to the problems, needs, and concerns of the forum members. Not everyone is perfect....
couldnt have said it better myself...

Old 10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my TS1

Old 10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
Your repeated profanity/name calling is not appriciated. I'm sure Lieberman Software would not appriciate it either...

pictures would be good...all the one's I've sen in person had no fitment issues though one guy had some ebay clear corners which weren't a perfect replacement.
The company I CONTRACT for can care less what I say or do in my PERSONAL life. However, the company you represent gets hurt by every character you type. And the word is "APPRECIATE".

Old 10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by G352NV
Well guys I dunno what to say here. There are always going to those who want real and who want fake. I dont know why everyone always gets on TS about defending his product. In my case I dont like dealing with all the extra work that it takes to buy a knock off. Maybe its because I do my own work.
I bought my real KS from a company here in cali. Guess what, they didnt include fog light rings that come with the kit. I posted on here a while back about this and guess who PM'ed me and said I have a free set coming. Thats right TS! Hes ok in my book!!!
Interesting. Not what you were saying when you posted that their hood fit like crap. Whatever. I'm not asking you to chose a side. Can care less, actually. Get back to me on that gauge deal.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
You want pics, here you go... You asked for them.... This is REAL Top Secret front bumper! NOT a replica!

Cheap solder wire like mesh hold downs, most bent and broke off before we even got the mesh on into place.... VERY CHEAP!

Check out the gap! The OEM clear corner wouldnt even stay in place, even after we tried adjusting its metal tab to fit the HUGE opening TS left... Who's the guy in R&D who designed this?

Can you say UGLY gap? Not even close!

More gaps and nasty edges, and this is "high quality"?

Hard to see, but there's a small hairline crack.... Is this thing real? LMAO!

Just some more of the many surfaces inperfections that cost almost a grand...

Bad edges, deep scratches, and loads of "high quality" prep here....

The bumper also DID NOT line up where it met the corners of front headlights, and there was really very little we could do to fix that, other than push, pull and tighten it to the best of our ability.....

Sorry TS, but asking to see pics may have not been such a good idea. I opted NOt to post these images, but since you want to see pics, here ya go.

Claiming and constantly bragging your stuff or I should say when you refer to ALL ORIGINAL JDM stuff is better than anything "replica" is a pretty poor way to try and keep your head above water.

Face it, fiberglass is fiberglass, and everything BOTH original, replica or unlce bobs body parts, is just that.... CHEAP FIBERGLASS! So its best NOT to say yours will require less work, or turn out better in the long run when you yourself dont always put out "quality" stuff.

What's the excuse with this TS bumper? What happen here? Did it somehow slip through the quality check points at TS? I think everyone will want to know since no one really had any first hand pics of your bumper (out of the box) till now other than the super clean ones you just so happen to post...

We're all ears TS.....
Opps! Should have shut your mouth TS...now the truth comes out.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:21 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by GodZilla
I've worked on cars most of my life and my favorite part has always been the body/paint end of it.
I've painted, done bodywork, fiberglass work etc etc..
My 240
http://zdriver.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2

My old 300
http://zdriver.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=502

Almost all body kits made with fiberglass will require some sort of prep-work before having them painted. Some major and some not so major. I've always noticed that ones that are copies require a lot more work than what they are worth..

Knockoffs or replicas are just that. They usually take a bumper that has been made by a manufacture and make a mold from that bumper rather than using the plug mold like the manufactures original does.

Its been awhile so dont quote me on this and some of this depends on how its being made.

Plugs for making the bumpers usually do not last long. Usually maybe 10-20 kits per plug. Then the plug would either need to be remade or cleaned up. Hense some of the stuff you see in Ducatiguys post. Like the image below.

The photos Ducati guy posted show most of that would be blocked or sanded out durring the prep work.

Now a replica or knockoff on the other hand you usually end up with items like this where fitment is off and it would require a heck of a lot more work to make it look as if it was made for the car.

Yes you could possibly end up with some of the later with an origional manufactured part. (But most of the time I'm sure they would work with you)

A big misconception Fiberglass is fiberglass its all the same This is wrong. Although the end product might be similar they are definitly not the same. Just as all paints are not the same even though the way to paint a car
may be the same..

As far as pricing goes IMHO you get what you pay for.
Some people say the Real TS bumper is too exspensive. In all honesty I dont think its that exspensive since it has to come from Japan.. If they had a MFG Facility in the States then I'm sure the price would be more affordable for some.

-----------------
BTW Ducatiguy did you look around before getting it cleaned up because that shouldnt have cost you a grand (maybe a grand to prep-primer-paint-install..)
-----------------

Just my 2 cents
BTW If I see anymore name calling or what not in thread I will close it.
Hey Kyle, way to protect that CASH FLOW!

Old 10-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Randys_G
Hey Kyle, way to protect that CASH FLOW!
you just had to go there didnt you..