Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone have any pics? all this trash talking is pointless unless we can see something ourselves.

Last edited by brittain; 08-09-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by jdj27x
mine didnt fit at all.... when are u going to have yours installed by? Please keep us updated!
I know a girl that works at ED and she said the fitment sucks. She said "I wouldn't put this junk on my car, I just sell it so I can by the real thing." I thinnk top secret did something to them because she kept saying what jerks they are and that they were making more money than top secret.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brittain
does anyone have any pics? all this trash talking is pointless unless we can see something ourselves.
i agree...any pics of the replica installed?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:22 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by gitogitohus
I know a girl that works at ED and she said the fitment sucks. She said "I wouldn't put this junk on my car, I just sell it so I can by the real thing." I thinnk top secret did something to them because she kept saying what jerks they are and that they were making more money than top secret.
wow, a whole 9 posts and we're supposed to believe you?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by jdj27x
mine didnt fit at all.... when are u going to have yours installed by? Please keep us updated!
Jordan, what do you mean yours didn't fit at all...have you taken it to a shop to have it fitted? We talked about this last week and you said you were going to take it to a shop that was recommended and see what they say...did you? If not, stop typing bogus comments in this thread. I should have pics from another buyer of this bumper soon...(after this weekend)...and I'll close by saying the same thing TS2001 has been saying all along...if you don't want to deal with SOME fitment issues, then DON'T buy the damn TS1 bumper, buy the original.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
At least dont buy it from them though, gives them false hope people like them See you at the meeting Randy

Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by 350Forums
At least dont buy it from them though, gives them false hope people like them See you at the meeting Randy
are you referring to tonights meeting? If so, I'm on call tonight at the firehouse and can't make it.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Relax Randy... take a deep breath...

What makes you think that all these people are being bogus? Are you saying that I was too? Do you think that magically every bumper is going to fit correctly and the one I tested didn't? c'mon now.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Randy besides me and narkotic who both know u and claim there is a bad- fitment issue, who else has recived there bumper and has attempted for it to be installed? The gb had about 10 people....

Old 08-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I talked to my installer, he said a couple of things didnt line up but it was minor.. he said he didnt have to do any more than he'd have to on any other aftermarket bumper.

To be specific the bumper matched up well with the hood, he just had to make some minor changes for it to fit perfectly with the fenders.. we're still waiting to get the headlights back to see how the fitment is there.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:09 PM
i am not saying it is right for someone to steal TS design, but in our capitalist society, you get too greedy and youll pay for your sins. hes right, no one is forcing us to buy it, but greed will always bite you in the ***.

as for him saying that if it we didnt buy from them we would have no options because there would be no product to replicate, well then anyone with business sense would put 2 and 2 together and see that:

a) make a good product, overcharge, lose business to someone selling a knockoff for cheaper
b) make no product to avoid losing business, also making no money in the process

making the most logical choice

c) make a good product, sell it at a modest price, and have no problems

let this be a lesson learned though judging by stubborn attitudes ive seen from your camp i cant say i have much faith that you guys will consider that.

FWIW, there are many of us consumers than can afford the top secret kit, and are in the market for a kit, but will not buy it. ive been in this position many times. if we have the cash and want it, why not buy it? because we KNOW the margin on it is much more than necessary, and are not willing to feel taken advantage of. would you pay $5 dollars for a glass of filtered water? $5 is nothing to anyone, and its the "highest quality" water, but even considering that, no one wants to feel like a sucker. its the principle of the matter.

charge what you want, you have every right to, but dont be surprised when those that think this way never call your shop.

ps - i suggest you take some cash out of those inflated markup profits and hire someone to do your PR. you guys are really digging your own grave on these forums!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by googe
i am not saying it is right for someone to steal TS design, but in our capitalist society, you get too greedy and youll pay for your sins. hes right, no one is forcing us to buy it, but greed will always bite you in the ***.

as for him saying that if it we didnt buy from them we would have no options because there would be no product to replicate, well then anyone with business sense would put 2 and 2 together and see that:

a) make a good product, overcharge, lose business to someone selling a knockoff for cheaper
b) make no product to avoid losing business, also making no money in the process

making the most logical choice

c) make a good product, sell it at a modest price, and have no problems

let this be a lesson learned though judging by stubborn attitudes ive seen from your camp i cant say i have much faith that you guys will consider that.

FWIW, there are many of us consumers than can afford the top secret kit, and are in the market for a kit, but will not buy it. ive been in this position many times. if we have the cash and want it, why not buy it? because we KNOW the margin on it is much more than necessary, and are not willing to feel taken advantage of. would you pay $5 dollars for a glass of filtered water? $5 is nothing to anyone, and its the "highest quality" water, but even considering that, no one wants to feel like a sucker. its the principle of the matter.

charge what you want, you have every right to, but dont be surprised when those that think this way never call your shop.

ps - i suggest you take some cash out of those inflated markup profits and hire someone to do your PR. you guys are really digging your own grave on these forums!
You pretty much summed it all up

Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Never enough
Maybe someday no one make a kit for future cars. Why make it when you know someone is going to steal it? No matter what the price is someone will copy it. Look at the greddy bumper. Its only like 600.00 for the real thing and people still copy it so they can sell it for 400.00. Th efunny part is most of you are so cheap you would buy the 400.00 one and deal with fitment. Its like the Civic crowd has grown up and bought G35's.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
well, if anyone wants to buy the ts1 bumper please pm me, i will give you a good deal.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM
I love lamp I love desk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TS replica fitment thread