Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess if these "big players" would just keep their prices within reason, we wouldn't need replica's. TS your mark up is the reason why we have replica's out on the market.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think topsecret should set up a groub buy on their bumpers!

Id be glad to pay 750 if we got a few guys.....

Old 08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Swifty
im not talking about pricing issues with bomex, im talking fitment.

if you have authentic pieces and they are not symetrical, why not go to Veilside, and have them exchanged? Thats the difference in original vs fake
Well if you bought items from Veilside, you'd probably understand that they usually don't have more than 1 of something in stock, especially if it's a new item. Waiting for a replacement is at least 1 month. Bomex, forget about finding a replacement, finding the first one is hard enough (although i still maintain that i've never seen a bad fitment part from them)

Bottom line is, I don't think it's a matter of where something is made, I could give less of a sh*t if my car is made in Germany or made in the USA. My fuggen European car cost 2X as much as a comparable Japanese car, but friggen has more problems than eggs in an easter basket. Instead, what we have to look for the quality control from these companies.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 PM
amen i will never buy another bmw. worse quailty aftermarket parts and way more expensive.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Oh, so YOU run TS now? Sorry you were hit by a "RED NECK"...wow, an idiot and racist...who'da thunk it?
I never said that I run TS? Yes, I said redneck but no, i'm not racist... considering my mother is of the "race" you are insisting that I am racist against, your comment is quite ignorant. There's no need to get in a debate on the racial undertones of the word racist... am referring to a specific person based on her actions and words. Regardless of your insecure comments, I am well aware that there is no biological definition of "race" and I don't base my opinions of people or judge them on the concept of race.

Originally Posted by Randys_G
What's funny is you threatening ME cuz I bought it...you are truely a funny guy and sound more and more like an idiot every time you post.
As I have already said, we don't make threats.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
I guess if these "big players" would just keep their prices within reason, we wouldn't need replica's. TS your mark up is the reason why we have replica's out on the market.
The problem is we are not "big players." We build the best cars we can but size-wise, we are much smaller than we seem.

There is never a "need" to steal another entity's design, copy it, and mass produce it for profit. If the price is unreasonable to you, the answer is simple, you don't purchase the item.

The reason knockoffs exist is because someone see's a opprotunity to make profit by stealing another company's design.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
The reason knockoffs exist is because someone see's a opprotunity to make profit by stealing another company's design.
and selling it at a reasonable price.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
and selling it at a reasonable price.
so they can make money off of replicating anyone they choose. So whats the point of making original designs anymore?

Old 08-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Swifty
so they can make money off of replicating anyone they choose. So whats the point of making original designs anymore?
Exactly.

As I said before, if you find the price unreasonable, do not buy the product. That is the best way to show your protest of a price you find too high. Counterfeits copies are not competition, they are theft, plain and simple.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdj27x
I think topsecret should set up a groub buy on their bumpers!

Id be glad to pay 750 if we got a few guys.....
I agree

Old 08-06-2005, 04:57 AM
...and if they are theft, then perhaps TS should wisen up and patent their products like Veilside!

I seriously don't think TS is thinking in the right mentality. How do you expect to sell a $3500 product and not patent it to product the product valuation from copied products? I mean seriously, it's not like the material composition is the exact same between Top Secret and the replicas. THERE IS A REASON WHY THERE IS A U.S. PATENT OFFICE.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
Exactly.

As I said before, if you find the price unreasonable, do not buy the product. That is the best way to show your protest of a price you find too high. Counterfeits copies are not competition, they are theft, plain and simple.
Yeah, and charging $4000 for a bodykit isnt theft?

Does anyone see the resemblance from the story of "Robin Hood"?

Theres the big bad king that overcharges his community... rapes them for from every cent they have. Then you have the hero, Robin Hood, that "steels" from the rich and gives back to the community.

No matter how you put it, you're just making 350forums' look like a better person for helping us out!

Dave, I think I'm going to start calling you Robin Hood now haha!

Old 08-06-2005, 05:47 AM
BTW, selling a bodykit for $4000 and not having a patent is basically ASKING somene to make a replica! haha!

Its business... and its a "dog eat dog" world out there. You cant make up the rules. You have to play by the set rules. If you dont, do you think you'll be the dog, or the dog food?

Old 08-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Yeah, and charging $4000 for a bodykit isnt theft?

Does anyone see the resemblance from the story of "Robin Hood"?

Theres the big bad king that overcharges his community... rapes them for from every cent they have. Then you have the hero, Robin Hood, that "steels" from the rich and gives back to the community.

No matter how you put it, you're just making 350forums' look like a better person for helping us out!

Dave, I think I'm going to start calling you Robin Hood now haha!
FYI the Top Secret widebody kit MSRP is $6,500, but you can get it at a listed price of $5,700.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
just be thankful people that Top Secret decided there was a demand for original high end product to make body kits for the G. I guess most of you are too new to the modification scene to remember that back in the day when Erebuni was king and the best quality you can buy was Wings West. As far as originality was concerned, the US aero scene was years behind what japan was doing. The car brand to fix up back then was the Honda, only problem is that there were way too many copies, so none of the orignators want to even touch Honda anymore. (even the S2k has become a reluctant choice for companies to consider making new aero for.) In the long run, these copies are killing the market for new designed aero parts.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TS replica fitment thread