Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS replica fitment thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting for my side skirts, hopefully I can pick them up this week. From there, it all depends on my schedule and the bodyshop. I'm hoping to get it done soon as I am so curious regarding fitment with all the hoopla going on. I am surprise that you haven't gotten yours yet. PM me if you need me to help you track it down, since they are local to me. The bumper itself I have to say looks very good. Honestly, I have no complaints about it. I don't see how some of these guys can comment on this bumper, since they haven't even seen it yet!!

Originally Posted by Randys_G
that's weird...I received an email with MOKC's post, but when I clicked on the link, it wasn't here...anyways, this is what it said; "What I am trying to tell you here is, and a lot guys have been trying
to do so in other threads is, we would probably be happy in spending the
money on the replica and take our chances at the bodyshop, rather than
spend the big cash on something that we don't think is worth paying
for. Some of these body kits are so outrageously price, it's pitiful.
Your bumper falls into that category. If you want to eliminate the
middle man, be competitve, make your prices competitive...that's the bottom
line!! Play the game or get squeezed out!!"

MOKC,

When are you installing yours to show that it does fit fine with little effort?

Old 08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Looks can be very decieving Curtis.. I felt the same way until my bodyshop tried to fit it.. I wish you luck man

Old 08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I understand Pete!! I'll let you guys know what happens!! If it doesn't fit right, and bodyshop tells me its "crap", I'll be the first one to raise Hell and admit I was wrong in buying it!! Hopefully that won't happen!!

Originally Posted by narkotic
Looks can be very decieving Curtis.. I felt the same way until my bodyshop tried to fit it.. I wish you luck man

Old 08-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
What I find funny is your guys threatened me and SAID you were going to go after the manufacturer over this and never did anything...why? Cuz you can't.
1.) We don't make threats.

2.) The legal process is slow. I'm still dealing with some crazy redneck lady who hit me almost 3 years ago. Rest assured we are taking the neccesary steps to resolve the theft of our design.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Well if you think Bomex products are so inferior in fitment, why is it that none of the Bomex products that people have received that were made in the Philipines have EVER had a problem with fitment?

Why is it that Japanese made Veilside original products DO HAVE FITMENT issues? If you don't believe me, TOPSECRET2001 why don't you go over to Veilside and ask to see a RX8 D1-GP sideskirt and tell me how the two sideskirts are symmetrical. The least people can expect from a $700 sideskirt are products that are symmetrical....

Old 08-02-2005, 10:40 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
1.) We don't make threats.

2.) The legal process is slow. I'm still dealing with some crazy redneck lady who hit me almost 3 years ago. Rest assured we are taking the neccesary steps to resolve the theft of our design.
Oh, so YOU run TS now? Sorry you were hit by a "RED NECK"...wow, an idiot and racist...who'da thunk it? What's funny is you threatening ME cuz I bought it...you are truely a funny guy and sound more and more like an idiot every time you post.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
Well if you think Bomex products are so inferior in fitment, why is it that none of the Bomex products that people have received that were made in the Philipines have EVER had a problem with fitment?

Why is it that Japanese made Veilside original products DO HAVE FITMENT issues? If you don't believe me, TOPSECRET2001 why don't you go over to Veilside and ask to see a RX8 D1-GP sideskirt and tell me how the two sideskirts are symmetrical. The least people can expect from a $700 sideskirt are products that are symmetrical....

I can name a wholeseller whom got so fed up with bomex customer complaints when it was made in the phillipines, that they stopped carrying bomex.

I got one pair of veilside rx8 side skirts in front of me. They ARE symmetrical. Maybe your looking at a copy?

Old 08-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Maybe you'd like to bring out your RX8 sides and compare to the ones here? Look specifically at the inside flange towards the rear of the sides. And yes, these are sides that have the Veilside insignia on the inside, and no, there is no chance that these are copies as they came out from Veilside USA in Carson or torrance.

Bomex was dropped from many wholesalers not because of quality of fitment issues, but because of their inability to supply on time. The recent Bomex fiasco....well is a bigger problem in it self but not related to fitment again.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by narkotic
yours didnt fit either? I am currently dealing with the company to get my money backk.....

Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Just curious!! Which company are you referring to?

Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I must say that cadesigns have been wonderfull to deal with, i have been dealing with them for the return, but they have to deal with extreme dimensions...

Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, poor Darius at CA designs... he's a nice guy, having to deal with this junk

Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
materials to make the originals vs the copys are different enough in that long term durability is the main issue other than looks. Also service is a key. All these products are hand made, you pay more for a product because you recieve better service and better skilled workers. What if something goes wrong? Will you be denied a replacement piece for defect, will you recieve information for install issues with a copying company?

Old 08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
Maybe you'd like to bring out your RX8 sides and compare to the ones here? Look specifically at the inside flange towards the rear of the sides. And yes, these are sides that have the Veilside insignia on the inside, and no, there is no chance that these are copies as they came out from Veilside USA in Carson or torrance.

Bomex was dropped from many wholesalers not because of quality of fitment issues, but because of their inability to supply on time. The recent Bomex fiasco....well is a bigger problem in it self but not related to fitment again.
im not talking about pricing issues with bomex, im talking fitment.

if you have authentic pieces and they are not symetrical, why not go to Veilside, and have them exchanged? Thats the difference in original vs fake

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TS replica fitment thread