Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What Do You Think of This Combo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Do You Think of This Combo?

I've been planning on bodykits forever... looks like I'm finally gonna go for it this winter. I'm thinking about getting:

Data Systems CF Front Lip
Veilside V1 side underwings
Ings fenders(probably replica ones... don't flame! )
And just add stock rear splah guards
maybe Seibon TS CF hood?

I was planning to go something wild but then I changed my mind and decided to keep it clean and simple... What do you guys think?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:21 AM
and why isn't my sig working? hmmm...

Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 AM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, I decided as well I wanted to go subtle. I have an oem front lip, and front and rear splash guards. I decided to purchase the VS underwings but IMHO now that im lookin at it on light cars (I have DG) the sides are to thick for the rear oem splash guards. I am trying to go for the clean look and I the V1 sides are a bit to... dominant, for the car.

what I might do instead is remove my front splash guards and just keep the rear ones and the oem front lip, i think this looks a hell of a lot cleaner than the front guards or the V1 under wings..

I am most likely going to get my sides painted and put them on, but theirs a good chance ill be taking them off shortly after that and just keeping the sides bare and clean.

Matt

Old 10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by Rookie84
I've been planning on bodykits forever... looks like I'm finally gonna go for it this winter. I'm thinking about getting:

Data Systems CF Front Lip
Veilside V1 side underwings
Ings fenders(probably replica ones... don't flame! )
And just add stock rear splah guards
maybe Seibon TS CF hood?

I was planning to go something wild but then I changed my mind and decided to keep it clean and simple... What do you guys think?
forgot to give my .02 on the other stuff you chose. First off what color is your car? Im not a huge fan of CF, I would get a fiberglass and paint it. But def +1 on that. Not a fan of the fenders and not a fan of the hood either. I would just go with the lip and oem guards and maybe either stock sides, or the kenstyle sides would flow with your setup as well. I am so skeptical on the VS under wings, I dont regret buying them yet... but im close.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:30 PM
My car is Caribbean Blue. I'm a big fan of CF look, so I think I'm gonna be happy with it. Blue and black is always a good match, although CB is a lighter shade of blue. I think it can be pulled off anyhow.

Thanks a lot for the pics and very imformative posts... I don't think I'm gonna get VS underwings now, coz they don't really flow with the car. Data Systems lip doens't hang low as Kenstyle side skirts of any other side skirts, so I think I'm just gonna keep the stock sides... unless I decide to go with other front bumper/lip, which I don't think I will... So I guess I'm just gonna go with:

Data Sytems CF lip
Seibon TS CF hood
stock rear splash guard
+bat's rear bumper overlay

Any other opinions, good or bad, are welcomed

Old 10-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Thought I'd chime in...

I really like the Veilside V1 side skirts, but they are definitely not subtle. Personally, if you want something subtle but not stock....I think the Kenstyle sides are a real nice choice, and if you go the replica route you can get them at pretty reasonable price.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
those plans sound good but I have something like it coming out in about 2 weeks, look out for my thread when the project is complete for showoff classic.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
a2ncharm23, Cool. Definitely post pics when you get it done!!

MikeyMike, I really like Ken sides but I've seen pics of it with Data lip and it hangs lower than the lip... I guess I'll just keep the stock sides at this point.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:09 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by Rookie84
a2ncharm23, Cool. Definitely post pics when you get it done!!

MikeyMike, I really like Ken sides but I've seen pics of it with Data lip and it hangs lower than the lip... I guess I'll just keep the stock sides at this point.
Im a big fan of the data systems lip. I was kinda thinkin of making the switch from oem lip to data systems. I am wondering how it is mounted though, becuase their are already holes in my bumper for the oem.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I have the oem lip on right now, i'll let you know how mounting the data lip goes. Since there are already predrilled holes in my bumper from the oem lip, I may have to enlarge the holes on my data lip to enlarge it for a screw that will fit in the holes on my bumper already.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
I have the oem lip on right now, i'll let you know how mounting the data lip goes. Since there are already predrilled holes in my bumper from the oem lip, I may have to enlarge the holes on my data lip to enlarge it for a screw that will fit in the holes on my bumper already.
Ya man, please do. In fact if you could take pics of the process I would greatly appreciate it. I spend the day thinking about it and I may just sell my veliside sides and my oem lip and get a data system one. Id love to see how the switch from oem to data works out! thanks

Matt

Old 10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I couldn't take pictures since I didnt have my camera. Taking off the oem lip would have been a real b**** if I didn't have my bumper removed since its screwed in from INSIDE the bumper. So after the bumper was off, takin the oem lip was a breeze. Next ste was to test fit the data lip which is where i hit a major pothole. Two of the damn holes from the oem lip are higher than the coverage area of the data lip which means..... they were visible. It was a major letdown and I was about to order the Gialla lip from intense that minute. But that would mean I wouldn't have my car ready for showoff classic, and that would mean having to sell the rare carbon fiber data lip that I had just aquired. sooo I went ahead and installed it. You screw it in from each side on the wheel well with two self taping screws. Then you just apply lots of double sided tape. While looking through my tool box for something to cover the holes, I found two extra plugs from a tv cabinet I had just put together. I thought what the hell, I have nothing to lose at this point, so I Put them in the hole and sure enough they fit and covered the hole perfectly! I just filled the rear with some silicone that was being used for my headlight project and voila, I was done.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:05 PM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
I couldn't take pictures since I didnt have my camera. Taking off the oem lip would have been a real b**** if I didn't have my bumper removed since its screwed in from INSIDE the bumper. So after the bumper was off, takin the oem lip was a breeze. Next ste was to test fit the data lip which is where i hit a major pothole. Two of the damn holes from the oem lip are higher than the coverage area of the data lip which means..... they were visible. It was a major letdown and I was about to order the Gialla lip from intense that minute. But that would mean I wouldn't have my car ready for showoff classic, and that would mean having to sell the rare carbon fiber data lip that I had just aquired. sooo I went ahead and installed it. You screw it in from each side on the wheel well with two self taping screws. Then you just apply lots of double sided tape. While looking through my tool box for something to cover the holes, I found two extra plugs from a tv cabinet I had just put together. I thought what the hell, I have nothing to lose at this point, so I Put them in the hole and sure enough they fit and covered the hole perfectly! I just filled the rear with some silicone that was being used for my headlight project and voila, I was done.

ya man, i realized this as well becuase i instaled my own oem lip and after lookin closely at both lip I knew those holes would be visible. I am prob going to have those holes filled and have my bumper re-painted. More money than I wanted to spend but I get thats just the way it goes. Take some pics of your bumper plugs, id like to see what you came up with.

Matt

Old 10-29-2005, 03:15 PM
THE BATMOBILE
sounds hot.........there was a member a while ago who had the greddy kit and seibon TS hood on CB and he painted it. IT WAS HOT!!!

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the opinions and the info.

a2ncharm23: So are you keeping the Data CF lip or what? If you wanna sell, let me know! Anyway, post pics of your car when you get it coz I really wanna see what it looks like

truplay8: Yup. I have seen those pics and it was definitely HOT. I'm planning to leave mine unpainted though