Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Those who have a clear bra.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006 | 04:53 PM
|
Those who have a clear bra.

i'm getting mine installed on saturday. from your experience, can you tell me:

- what i should ask/verify with the installer before he starts the install
- what i should check for when the install is complete?
- anything else??

TIA!!

FYI - i was still trying to decide if i should get a clear bra or not... then when my car had about 200 miles on the odo, i was surprised to see 2 small chips already in the front bumper!! the car is LP and the chips show up black so it's pretty noticable. after i saw those, i said f it and made the appt...

Old 03-23-2006 | 05:30 PM
G35driver Addict
1. Is the bra pre-cut?
2. Will the bra wrap around the edges?
3. What and how much will the bra cover - mirrors, fenders, bumper, hood?

Check for bubbles, contaminants under the bra, scratches, smudges, and anything visible. The clear bra should be pretty much invisible.

Did you get a good deal?

I'm prolly missing something, someone else chime in.

Old 03-23-2006 | 07:13 PM
Thumbs up Clear Bra

Post #2 pretty much covers everything. I would just add that you tell him you are going to check it closely for a week or so and will be calling the installer to come back and "work out" any larger size bubbles.

Old 03-23-2006 | 07:21 PM
How is the clear bra maintained with respect to the rest of the car? I assume it can be washed like the rest of the car..

Old 03-23-2006 | 08:23 PM
clear bra, there is no maintance to do. Make sure the installer does a clean job and I hope they are giving you warranty as well.

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:03 PM
G35driver Addict
yea ask about labor and material warranty. maintenance is the same, just wash and wax like usual.

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
1. Is the bra pre-cut?
2. Will the bra wrap around the edges?
3. What and how much will the bra cover - mirrors, fenders, bumper, hood?

Check for bubbles, contaminants under the bra, scratches, smudges, and anything visible. The clear bra should be pretty much invisible.

Did you get a good deal?

I'm prolly missing something, someone else chime in.
Is there a problem if the clear bra is precut? My dealer had a G35 sedan in its showroom with a clear bra installed. It was definitely a pre-cut kit and did not wrap around the edges. It came within a 1/4" of the edges, though. I thought it looked really good. Should I try to find an installer that will wrap the bra around the edges? To me it seems that it will come off easier if it is wrapped around the edges. Please advise.

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Giarc
i'm getting mine installed on saturday. from your experience, can you tell me:

- what i should ask/verify with the installer before he starts the install
- what i should check for when the install is complete?
- anything else??
Ask him how much trimming will be involved. Some kits for the G35 recquire some trimming to the edges in which the installer will have to lop off some of the excess carefully with an exacto knife. Pay attention to how he makes the cuts with knife is this is recquired. Some installers bypass this by having their kit computer pre cut. You don't want scratched paint if you have to remove the clear bra later on.

When complete look at the installed kit from different angles and make sure their aligned to the bumper/hood/side panels, etc. evenly on both sides.
Check for any bumps in the clear bra for contaminants that may be trapped underneath the clear bra.

Let it bake in the sun for a day.

Old 03-24-2006 | 02:42 AM
majority of the time the pre cut kits do not wrap around the edges.. they do however if you request a "custom" cut. I dont know why they do this but that is just the case. Of course this is probably not true for all clear bra installers, but it is for the one that I went to. Since I do have the nismo bumper, they had no choice but to do custom, so the clear bra wraps around the edges for me. Usually they give you a package that covers like bumper, fender, and part of the hood. I cant say its really necessary for anything else other than the front bumper, but its never a bad idea to have too much protection!