Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer said i have Xenon lights ?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer said i have Xenon lights ?!

even says it on the window sticker. I bought my 2003 sedan a few months ago and im still not sure if they are HID's or not. they are decently white (seem brighter than other cars with halogens) but they do not have that "warm up" thingie that HID's have. kinda pisses me off because thats one of the reasons i got the car. it could be that my bulbs are old but i dont know. is there an easy way to tell without having to pull my wheel off ? too damn cold outside right now to do it. and i dont trust bringin it to the dealer to have them look cuz they will just lie. if they are HID's i want to get better bulbs for it. please help !

Old 03-24-2006, 08:41 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by GreekPimpSlap
even says it on the window sticker. I bought my 2003 sedan a few months ago and im still not sure if they are HID's or not. they are decently white (seem brighter than other cars with halogens) but they do not have that "warm up" thingie that HID's have. kinda pisses me off because thats one of the reasons i got the car. it could be that my bulbs are old but i dont know. is there an easy way to tell without having to pull my wheel off ? too damn cold outside right now to do it. and i dont trust bringin it to the dealer to have them look cuz they will just lie. if they are HID's i want to get better bulbs for it. please help !
Post a pick of you're POS. Its pretty easy to tell HIDs from anything else. What does it was on your lenses in the bottom left/or right hand corner?

Does it say:

DOT |D2R
VOR |HB2

Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Get some Phillips Ultinon 6000k's if they are not good enough for you, and if you wanna go all out, you can get a projector retrofitted for a Sedan, or if you have a coupe just buy some 06 Coupe PRojectors and replace the housings

Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
it is easy to tell. turn on your fogs. what color is the headlight compared to the fogs? Are they both the same yellow? or is one white? If it is white then its HIDs.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
it says:

DOT |H1
VOR |HB2

so what does that mean ??

Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't think you have HIDs

Old 03-26-2006, 10:41 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by GreekPimpSlap
it says:

DOT |H1
VOR |HB2

so what does that mean ??
You don't have hids, sorry. H1 is a halogen bulb type.

I recommend you look on ebay for an updated set of lights. I wouldn't recommend a retro.

Last edited by WRAH; 03-26-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
ok,, but the dealer said i have HID's. they gave me a window sticker saying ... and i quote "Xenon High Intensity"... i should be able to goto the dealer and bitch em out, demanding they install a HID setup. that was one of the selling points of this car. i kinda knew they werent but wanted to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt. the window sticker came from edmunds.com too. whats my chances. this has me a bit pissed

Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
well, called the dealer. needless to say they werent too friendly. the manager says they arent going to install the HID's due to the fact that it would cost them $5000 (which is bull**** by the way) even though they recognized that they screwed up. then he had the ***** to tell me to call edmunds and yell at them for giving infinity the wrong information (edmunds.com is where they got the info from to print up the window sticker). He's like "quite frankly, i dont have time to check all the information to see if its correct" .... what an *** ! im not giving up. after about 30 minutes of arguing i told him to have his general manager give me a call seeing he couldnt do anything else for me. man im so fuming... i hate it when they talk to you like your an idiot. tellin me it cost $5000 to put in, i should just go buy the hyper white bulbs, the HID's dont put out much more light than the halogens, and a bunch of other crap that i proved him wrong on. i said i paid for it so i should have it. he said i didnt pay for it. i told him it was an option that the salesman used to help sell the car, therefor it braught the price up a bit, they dont just give cars with HID's away. sorry, im just rambling now. so pissed. any suggestions for when the GM calls ?

Old 03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
that's pretty messed up if that's the case. was it an infiniti dealer? technically Xenons aren't HIDs, but if they sold you halogens saying they were HIDs, then that's a completely different story. I'd consider contacting BBB and see what they have to say aswell.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
id call infiniti HQ customer resources...F THAT Totally....

Old 03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Well that's not cool. If you have a window sticker saying your car had HID's and it turns out it doesn't, you can take them to court for fraud. That's very misleading to a consumer and won't be taken lightly in court. If you do talk to the GM, I would mention this and your intention of hiring a lawyer. I'm sure your problems will be resolved swiftly and brushed under the rug. It's a few thousand dollar option that you were robbed of.

Edit. Added this:
fraud - definition of fraud - Intentional misrepresentation or concealment of information in order to deceive or mislead. It is illegal.

Last edited by Espresso; 03-27-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
thank you, the exact wording on the window sticker says "Xenon High Intensity" under the safety section. ive kept a very professional attitude when speaking with these people in hopes that it will help me. i totally feel like drivin the car through the front door and callin em all curse words... ill let you guys know what happened. hopefully the GM is more professional than the last guy i talked to.

also, they offered me $$ (way under $1000) instead of the lights which i respectfully declined and said thats not why i called. if they wont do the lights should i see if they will sell me a car for $500 under cost ? if i could find something similar or better that wouldnt cost me much more i would definitly consider that. you think thats reasonable ?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
If you like the car and if they offer you say $2k, I'd take that. With that money, you can get better headlights retrofitted in. If you don't like the car, a lawyer can probably work out a deal that involves money and possibly returning the car to the dealer if they won't add the HIDs. To me, that's only fair to you as the consumer.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Any new update?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer said i have Xenon lights ?!