Notices

Wind Noise @ 85mph+ near driver rear view?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 08:28 AM
|
Question Wind Noise @ 85mph+ near driver rear view?

Guys,

I just now noticing some wind noise coming from and around my driver's side rear view (or basically the window area somewhere near the rear view) when going 80-85mph and up.

When I first heard the sound, I thought to myself that maybe the window did not seal itself correctly when I shut the door getting in.

I rolled to window down two inches and immediately rolled it back up. The wind noise did not stop.

If I 'titer' around 80mph I can just barely hear it, but when I push past that mark and up, it gets louder and louder.

I'm going to complain about it when I take the car in for an oil change, but wanted to know if this is a known issue or what others have to say about this???

Thanks as usual fellas!

-WoW

Old 09-08-2006 | 08:52 AM
I have the same issue and dealer can't seem to here it Ever.

Old 09-08-2006 | 10:55 AM
EZZ
had the same issue when i first got the car. dealer replaced the seals and window and it fixed the problem.

Old 09-08-2006 | 11:15 AM
im getting wind noise on the corner of the driver side window right next to your head almost.
dealership better be able to fix this.

Old 09-08-2006 | 02:56 PM
Mine makes some weird noises at speeds above 150 MPH... Wonder if it's the same thing.

Old 09-08-2006 | 04:56 PM
same thing for me...doesn't bug me though, just reminds me how fast I'm going...

Old 09-08-2006 | 05:18 PM
|
same thing for me...doesn't bug me though, just reminds me how fast I'm going...
No offense bud, but I have a beat up 94 Buick Century that doesn't make any wind noise like the coupe does @ 80mph, and do you really need to know that you are going 80+ by wind noise from inside a sealed cabin??? This statement is silly guy.

Anyways, guys, I'm going to take this issue to the dealer. I guess I'm not alone, so we'll see what happens.

For the others that have the same type issue and are going to take it up w/ dealer, please keep us ALL up-to-date on the reslove please.

Thanks,
-WoW

Old 09-08-2006 | 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by WhiteonWheat
No offense bud, but I have a beat up 94 Buick Century that doesn't make any wind noise like the coupe does @ 80mph, and do you really need to know that you are going 80+ by wind noise from inside a sealed cabin??? This statement is silly guy.

Anyways, guys, I'm going to take this issue to the dealer. I guess I'm not alone, so we'll see what happens.

For the others that have the same type issue and are going to take it up w/ dealer, please keep us ALL up-to-date on the reslove please.

Thanks,
-WoW
It's not silly. All I'm saying is that I got used to it and that others are having the same issue...go take your car to the dealer guy.

Old 09-08-2006 | 06:51 PM
eh... guy.

Old 09-10-2006 | 10:21 AM
|
Well let's all agree that it's something that an Infiniti should not be experiencing. The car can get up to what 150+(?), I wonder if it sounds like a tornado in the cabin at that speed.

Surely it's just a window SEAL issue. I hope....

I said it's silly b/c it is. All I need to let me know how fast I'm going or to "remind" me is my speedometer, and the people I'm blowing by. If I wanted to hear wind blowing past, I would roll down the window, it's just a stupid statement. Sorry. I'm not trying to be rude, just straight forward. Either way...

I'll see what the dealer says and let you guys know.

Old 10-22-2006 | 08:55 PM
|
**Update**

--Lazy Man Version--
Window is not going up all the way, that's the cause of the exessive wind noise.

--Long Version--
Was getting out of the car this weekend and noticed that when I shut the driver's door that the window did it's normal (zip...up) "sealed itself", after the door was shut closed.

Anyways, I kept opening and closing the door to see it do this, b/c it still amazes me that the window CLEARS the metal (or maybe it's fiberglass, who knows). Mine barely goes down the second you budge the door handle. It just didn't look like it would "clear" the body frame 'lip' above it. I think it's actually not going down quite as far as it should...Either way, I got done playing with the door and window deal and closed it for good, armed the car and started to walk into the house.

I stopped and decided to LOOK at the area in more detail from where the air noise was coming from. It turns out the WINDOW (Glass) doesn't make a proper seal and does NOT come up all the way. I compared the drivers to the passengers and they are different. This must be the cause of the wind noise.

I'll see if I can take pictures to post tomorrow sometime.

I'm going to show the dealer and have them fix soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 10-22-2006 | 09:28 PM
that great noise you are talking about might be coming from the tires. Are you rolling on sports suspension?

Old 10-23-2006 | 01:29 PM
|
that great noise you are talking about might be coming from the tires. Are you rolling on sports suspension?
Nah man, this noise is coming from wind right near the rear view mirror on the driver's side.

It turns out that the window is not making a proper seal.

I'll keep you all up to date about what dealership does to correct...

Old 10-23-2006 | 06:25 PM
Anyone else have a problem trying to get this fixed? I took my car to the dealer for wind noise from the window and they wanted to charge me for it because I was out of the 12months/12,000 initial warranty. They consider this an adjustment so it's not covered under the regular warranty.

Old 10-23-2006 | 06:31 PM
|
Anyone else have a problem trying to get this fixed? I took my car to the dealer for wind noise from the window and they wanted to charge me for it because I was out of the 12months/12,000 initial warranty. They consider this an adjustment so it's not covered under the regular warranty.
*IF* your issue is just like mine, which is the window (driver) is not making a SOLID SEAL like the passenger is. I can take a look at both and compare.

I need to post a pic I guess...

Anyways, this should be covered under the warranty, b/c it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing, thus it's a defect and not an adjustment...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise @ 85mph+ near driver rear view?