Notices

Heated Seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heated Seats?

I was wondering if anyone else had had the problem of them BARELY getting hot. I drive for abour 40 minutes, and they BARELY get my a$$ warm! I reported it to the dealer in massapequa(GREAT PEOPLE BY THE WAY), but they said it matched their thermometer. I got a rental 06 with heated seats, and in 5 minutes i had to turn it off and almost pull over and sit in a lake it was so hot! Anyone got any ideas? BESIDES search?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
SEARCH...

J/K

Not to insult your intelligence, but it is set to High right? There's 2 settings available. I've had my seats take awhile to heat up before. Almost like 20mins on High. Maybe the 06 rental has better heating as oppose to our model/year.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by castertroy101
SEARCH...

J/K

Not to insult your intelligence, but it is set to High right? There's 2 settings available. I've had my seats take awhile to heat up before. Almost like 20mins on High. Maybe the 06 rental has better heating as oppose to our model/year.

Haha YES its on high! I THINK anways. I have an 03 5AT, isnt high when its pressed forwards?! If not, then i shall hide in a corner. But i have tried both, and it definately does not get hot. And i could REALLY use it right now, being thats its 23 degrees in NY, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!

Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM
^I know what you mean...had to get up this morning at 9 to drop someone off and its cold as ish' outside...

yes, pushing the button forward is high

Then maybe its just meant to take that long. I tried my seat out again this morning and its took about 20mins after I spent 10mins heating the engine up. That shouldn't be related, but it seems to be.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed that the high position on the rocker switch doesn't do anything no light no heat. Low seems to work ok (not too hot). Anyone else have this problem. Guess I'll be taking it in to the stealer. Maybe a fuse in the high circuit. Any help would be appricatied.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
^I know what you mean...had to get up this morning at 9 to drop someone off and its cold as ish' outside...

yes, pushing the button forward is high

Then maybe its just meant to take that long. I tried my seat out again this morning and its took about 20mins after I spent 10mins heating the engine up. That shouldn't be related, but it seems to be.
Good point...Didnt think of that, but then again, i have a remote start, and i drove for 20 minutes to get to work, switching between highways, so i am using the gas to rev the engine...STILL nothing...HOWEVER, i found if i put it on low(switch it back) then i get SOME heat...Still, these heated seats SUCK for a luxury car! My moms Grand Prix seats get 20x hotter.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 PM
^your switch might be messed up. Def take it into the stealership for a check up and hopefully get it replaced/fixed under warranty.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Corvettekid
Good point...Didnt think of that, but then again, i have a remote start, and i drove for 20 minutes to get to work, switching between highways, so i am using the gas to rev the engine...STILL nothing...HOWEVER, i found if i put it on low(switch it back) then i get SOME heat...Still, these heated seats SUCK for a luxury car! My moms Grand Prix seats get 20x hotter.

hmm...I think I need to try mine on low and see what happens. I do the remote start and leave the seat on High, and get nothing. Guess I'll try setting it on low tomorrow morning.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM
^your switch might be messed up. Def take it into the stealership for a check up and hopefully get it replaced/fixed under warranty.
I JUST did that, went to Infiniti of Massapequa. Very good service, though they took 4 days to check out small problems, but they said it passed the test they performed on it. I think im going to have to make another call and see what i can get done. I also brought up that my tinted windows are scratched. Now, its under warranty for LIFE, but they said that they couldnt replace them. Might have to bring that up again too! But thanks for the info, im going to tell them to get a new switch.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
from my experiences the seats don't get hot until your car is warmed up, just like the heater...if your car has been sitting outside in NY at those temps i can see why it takes awhile to get warm, as far as not feeling any difference between high/ low setting i have no insightful info.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Corvettekid
I was wondering if anyone else had had the problem of them BARELY getting hot. I drive for abour 40 minutes, and they BARELY get my a$$ warm! I reported it to the dealer in massapequa(GREAT PEOPLE BY THE WAY), but they said it matched their thermometer. I got a rental 06 with heated seats, and in 5 minutes i had to turn it off and almost pull over and sit in a lake it was so hot! Anyone got any ideas? BESIDES search?

same with my 2005 sedan i turn it on and dont even feel it maybe just a little. When i get in other cars it gets to hott for me within a few minutes... let me know if you figure out whats up?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
same with my 2005 sedan i turn it on and dont even feel it maybe just a little. When i get in other cars it gets to hott for me within a few minutes... let me know if you figure out whats up?
I have figured out that the heated seats SUCK! ha. I took it to the dealer, but they said it passed all the tests. So...Dont know what to do...Maybe bother the dealer till something happens?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thats a dissapointment i really like heated seats but i dont feel them at all in this car o well..

Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 AM
lazy a$$
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno guys but mine burns my a$$. Really...

Old 01-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
^+1

Mine get nice and hot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats?