Notices

Suede headliner / interior (56k...bad idea)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
haha, dude it sealed the deal even the overhead light switches are black .

Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
G35 Coupe
almost done, shot some pics in normal lighting, the sound deadening material made the car significantly quieter considering I used barely 10-15 lbs of it.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that real suede or a synthetic like alcantara?

Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
wow, jealous, im in nyc if you think you might wanna do another car

Old 01-19-2008, 05:33 AM
Premier Member

almost there bro!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
really clean work. How long does it take to remove the head liner and the side pillars? Are you using 3m spray adhesive or what? Ive been wanting to do this for awhile but Im lacking in the body panel removal and install areas.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey how much and where did you get the sweda from. Also what did you us to paint the overhead panel

Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MMmmmmmmm....Suede Sorry but my digicam really sux

Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by martyg35
MMmmmmmmm....Suede Sorry but my digicam really sux

Nice! Did you figure something out for all the beige plastic pieces sun visors?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

The sun slide things come out, they'll be painted as well as the other plastics. That stuff is at the paint shop.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rookie
The sun slide things come out, they'll be painted as well as the other plastics. That stuff is at the paint shop.
What type of paint? I really want to do this, but the pieces I'm most worried about are the seat belt holders, the constant abrasion from the belts would rub through the paint wouldn't it?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Pretty sure Auto Explosion just does good prep and automotive paint. For the pieces that can't come out of the car very easily like the tensioner, plastic paint is what caskyline uses and he doesn't have any flaking on his stuff. Same thing for the rubber trim around the moonroof, good prep and good paint conditions and it should stick right.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
G35 Coupe
hello, I'm back in school now so can't update with the final pics, but everything turned out really nice, the paint isn't coming off anything, the fabric is still holding on, the extra sound deadening worked out great and the car is surprisingly more quiet...radio sounds better too ( kinda surprised about that ) and the suede is holding up great.

MartyG35 : That looks like great work, keep us updated.

as far as the seat tensioner rubbing off, if you use the vinyl and fabric paint like I used, it works well as far as seeing the texture of the plastic underneath and looks basically stock, overall great but it will rub off in certain spots where the belt goes through with its edge, not the flat part of the belt, but only the edge. However this is not an issue since there is a very very simple solution...and its called a sharpie ..it doesn't come out no matter what you do to it and its great to touch up those little spots from the edge of the belt, so in essence I wouldn't worry about the seat tensioner. It shouldn't be a problem.

Also i did the sun visor sliding pieces with the same vinyl pain, and its holding up great, no scratches, no pealing, nothing coming through.

Anyone that does this thou, def. def. make sure you get fabric that stretches.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Row2k
hello, I'm back in school now so can't update with the final pics, but everything turned out really nice, the paint isn't coming off anything, the fabric is still holding on, the extra sound deadening worked out great and the car is surprisingly more quiet...radio sounds better too ( kinda surprised about that ) and the suede is holding up great.

MartyG35 : That looks like great work, keep us updated.

as far as the seat tensioner rubbing off, if you use the vinyl and fabric paint like I used, it works well as far as seeing the texture of the plastic underneath and looks basically stock, overall great but it will rub off in certain spots where the belt goes through with its edge, not the flat part of the belt, but only the edge. However this is not an issue since there is a very very simple solution...and its called a sharpie ..it doesn't come out no matter what you do to it and its great to touch up those little spots from the edge of the belt, so in essence I wouldn't worry about the seat tensioner. It shouldn't be a problem.

Also i did the sun visor sliding pieces with the same vinyl pain, and its holding up great, no scratches, no pealing, nothing coming through.

Anyone that does this thou, def. def. make sure you get fabric that stretches.

thanks but I already have suede interior setup for my G for quite some time. This is what I picked up for another member I think John (speedraver) has pics of my interior setup.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would be worried about the front pillars discoloring after a while due to exposure to the sun... looks great though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suede headliner / interior (56k...bad idea)