Notices

Anyone know how to change color of dash lights from orange to blue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35x VQHR
Where do you live? The purple looks awesome!

Originally Posted by Keith Poley
If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot. These Gs take me couple days of working on and off. The cluster is the hardest part of all because the back of the gauge faces has a yellow film so it has to be carefullly sanded off to allow another color through. Its a huge job but an exotic LED color looks really cool with the G. Next G Im doing in a fluorescent, true yellow. Ive actually got over 15 different color options for people. Not to mention RGB set up. Cheers mates!

Old 02-20-2019, 05:35 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by MADOVEE421
Where do you live? The purple looks awesome!

I live in Seattle and thanks a lot!

Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 AM
Coupe

These are aftermarket headlights. I believe the brand is Spyder... Anyway I can mode these however you want. Even change the halos to RGB color change with bluetooth.

Last edited by Keith Poley; 07-14-2022 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:09 AM
Hey are you still doing interior LED color changes ?

I do this for people if anyone is interested
Any car, doesnt matter. I do much more too.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:10 AM
Are you still doing conversions ?

I’m really interested and would like a quote for my 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan
If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot. These Gs take me couple days of working on and off. The cluster is the hardest part of all because the back of the gauge faces has a yellow film so it has to be carefullly sanded off to allow another color through. Its a huge job but an exotic LED color looks really cool with the G. Next G Im doing in a fluorescent, true yellow. Ive actually got over 15 different color options for people. Not to mention RGB set up. Cheers mates!

Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Coupe (white)
Hey Keith, quick question man. What are the dashboard/speedometer lights called, I'm trying to order them off Amazon or Ebay. I wish I lived in Cali man I'd definitely go to you for this job, work well done, very nice pics!

Old 06-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Coupe (white)
Hey Keith, quick question man

What are the dashboard/speedometer lights called, I'm trying to order them off Amazon or Ebay. I wish I lived in Cali man I'd definitely go to you for this job, work well done, very nice pics!

These are aftermarket headlights. I believe the brand is Spyder... Anyway I can mode these however you want. Even change the halos to RGB color change with bluetooth.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cswlightning
That looks great! It must have taken forever though.
I'd prefer a darker red but the stock color is great IMO because it doesn't hurt your night vision at all. Blue is pretty much the worst for that, although I'm sure it's not too big of a difference once you turn the cluster down.
You're absolutely right man! Because blue LEDs are heading towards the ultra violet spectrum, which can hurt.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by Henry Ortiz
Hey Keith, quick question man. What are the dashboard/speedometer lights called, I'm trying to order them off Amazon or Ebay. I wish I lived in Cali man I'd definitely go to you for this job, work well done, very nice pics!
Thanks man! They're called size 194 or T10. I actually usually make my own LED bulbs from high power LEDs that have a frosted lense to diffuse the light better. LEDs can have very linear beam patterns so make sure their beam angles are wide or you'll have hotspotting. But MOST importantly, the G35 is a pro level retrofit. This is because the back of the gauge faces has orange/yellow paint on it to produce the amber light. The gauge face has to be desoldered from the circuit board and CAREFULLY removed. The paint has to be removed with sandpaper, dremel or drill and extreme caution needs to be taken not to break the gauge needles, spin them, or bust a stepper motor. Do not try to pull the needles off either. They require special knowledge and tools. Please feel free to ask me any more questions if you need help.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by Itz_Supreme
I’m really interested and would like a quote for my 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan
Oh yes, all I do is conversions and custom work! Feel free to shoot me a private message via email or cell phone:

keithpoley@gmail.com
(206) 401-0170

Cheers mates!

Last edited by Keith Poley; 07-14-2022 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Coupe
RGB Color Change with Bluetooth!!!

Hey guys I just wanted it to be known that not only do I do LED conversions, but I also do RGB Color Change conversions with Bluetooth to change the colors via phone app! All 100% PLUG AND PLAY, wired directly into the running light source inside the gauge cluster. Can do almost any pieces, not limited to gauge clusters.

keithpoley@gmail.com
206 376 0419

Old 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
Yes the 06 is tons easier to do. With the 04, you have to reconfigure the Sockets because they were built for bulbs not LED's. LED's will give you an even light dispersion and look a million times better. Also, When it comes to the center console clock, it is in really teal not orange. There is an orange tinted plastic over it. You cant swap them over period. You can also never achieve white. You can get blue or red though. There is tons of work involved, and I paid to get mine taken care of because I djust simply didnt want to deal with it.
I get that man, they are a lot of work to clear the gauge faces. I've done a pure crystal white G35 gauge cluster and full interior swap

Old 06-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by g35man04
here is mine that Sexyrob did...just f.y.i. I spoke to him this past week about doing anymore and he said probably not on an 03-04...its a PITA.

Attachment 235943

shot of the gauge cluster

Attachment 235944
Attachment 235945

OP I Didnt realize your in Dallas.....are you not in the DFW G Owners Club in the regional section?? or on facebook? we have weekly meets posted out there if you want to come out and attend.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...723460846&ap=1
Rob does some alright work.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V35 6MT revup
Is there a way to do it without making the needles the same color? Having blue numbers with blue needles just ruins it.

I found some custom clusters somewhere on the web with blue numbers/red needles but $400-$900 is just out of the question for such a seemingly insignificant change.

I've installed nice overlays on a much less popular car, I can't believe there's only one set of overlays on the web.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:31 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by r0llinlacs
Is there a way to do it without making the needles the same color? Having blue numbers with blue needles just ruins it.

I found some custom clusters somewhere on the web with blue numbers/red needles but $400-$900 is just out of the question for such a seemingly insignificant change.

I've installed nice overlays on a much less popular car, I can't believe there's only one set of overlays on the web.
If you mean the 350Z:
Lots of people choose white needles so the LEDs colors will shine through. But you could put a Red LED under the white needles so theyd be red. Or you could put red needles and a red LED. The 350Zs needles actually have their own designated LED.

If you mean the G35:
The needles would still be redISH because the paint under the needles are red. But with different colored light this can look funky sometimes so I get that. But what I can do is route individual White or Red LEDs under each needle, this would make them look better. If they STILL looked funky because of other color bleed in, you can create custom bariers to keep the colored light from entering the needle.

This can be done with any vehicle. It's all about whatever you think looks the best. This weekend im doing a 350Z with RGBW Clusters and seperate RGBW needles. I'll put some pics up when it's finished for you guys to see.

Last edited by Keith Poley; 07-02-2019 at 04:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to change color of dash lights from orange to blue?