Notices

Anyone know how to change color of dash lights from orange to blue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
contact Info UPDATED: 7/14/22

Thought Id put some more pics up for you guys to see. Im also doing RGBW Bluetooth Climate Controls for the 350Zs now too.
(206) 401-0170
keithpoley@gmail.com
You can find me on OfferUp as well.
Lots of pictures of my work in there.

Last edited by Keith Poley; 07-14-2022 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
So how does that work anyways? Solder on an RGBW LEDs that have external leads going to an external color driver or something? What's the interface for selecting color, something that stays in the vehicle or programmed via USB or something?

Old 07-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,020 Likes on 937 Posts
Probably utilized a central LED controller just like other headlight builds. Control color through apps or a small remote.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I guess I should have paid better attention to the pictures, I can see all the little individual leads coming off the components. That's AWESOME, I didn't even know this was a thing.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
So how does that work anyways? Solder on an RGBW LEDs that have external leads going to an external color driver or something? What's the interface for selecting color, something that stays in the vehicle or programmed via USB or something?

I take regular 5050 RGBW LEDs and solder leads to each negative pin then I solder a single lead that spans the positive pins(because the controlers are common ANODE) I bunch up all the wires and run them out the screw hole closest to where the LED normally goes(you dont absolutely need ALL the screws so utilizing the hole in the PCB board works well for routing) then I use silicone to attach the LEDs in place. Then I tie up all my ANODEs and all my RGBW wires seperately. Then I use 2 1/2watt 200ohm resistors in series for each RGBW line. Solder a 5pin connector to the 5 leads in order of your controllers outputs (in this case its +RGBW).
Connect your controller and make sure everything works. I like to use Bluetooth controllers. Then In place of all other LEDs I put White ones (white indicator points on the ***** and white indicator windows blends much better with and RGBW set up as White goes with any color well). Then I take the ***** and bore out the hole where the RGBW LED fits in. The stock hole is too small. It is easily bored with a dremel or something and the ***** are durable. Just dont go overboard. I then cut all the pegs off the inside of the back plastic cover (so the controller and wires can bunch up and be enclosed inside). I actually took the Bluetooth controller apart and wrapped the module in shrink wrap for space purposes. Route a wire out the back of one of the holes where you cut the posts. (The wire from the bluetooth that youll find a 12V source for) After that you put it all back together. Fund a good 12V source and boom you're basically done. Piece of cake haha 🎂

Old 07-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
I guess I should have paid better attention to the pictures, I can see all the little individual leads coming off the components. That's AWESOME, I didn't even know this was a thing.
Hahah its all about thinking outside the box. Anything's possible. There's no interior piece that can't be modified to an RGBW set up. Room restrictions don't apply if you use a small enough LED and wire

Old 07-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Probably utilized a central LED controller just like other headlight builds. Control color through apps or a small remote.
Actually I usually use multiple Bluetooth controllers of the same app ( this way it can act as a central because you can control them individually or unison if its the same app.) If I were to use only 1 controller I would have to route wayyy too much wire and it would be a NIGHTMARE. Imagine trying to route from door switches to the center console and from everywhere else to a central point. Much easier to just use multiple controllers

Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Coupe
For Sale! RGBW Climate Controls!

Hey guys, I'm selling an RGBW Color Change Bluetooth modified, first generation 350Z Climate Controls. All buttons and ***** are functional and I've changed the pointer lights and indicator window lights to White so they will blend well with whatever color you've got the climate control ***** set to. Comes with everything encapsulated inside the controls. All thats needed is to wire the obvious controller wire to a 12V source (you can tap your cig lighter!) The controller is fused with a 1Amp fuse for protection. It comes with an App. that you download to control all the colors! It's professionally modified and looks amazing.

I'm asking $150 for the whole unit.

Please message me if you have any questions at all.
I can modify anything including gauge clusters and ALL other switches. I do Color Shift RPM gauge needles and RGBW clusters.

Thanks guys!
keithpoley@gmail.com
206 376 0419

Last edited by Keith Poley; 07-09-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:04 AM
6spd, diamond graphite on stone grey interior
Pricing

Originally Posted by Keith Poley
If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot. These Gs take me couple days of working on and off. The cluster is the hardest part of all because the back of the gauge faces has a yellow film so it has to be carefullly sanded off to allow another color through. Its a huge job but an exotic LED color looks really cool with the G. Next G Im doing in a fluorescent, true yellow. Ive actually got over 15 different color options for people. Not to mention RGB set up. Cheers mates!
How much do you charge for this brotha?

Old 04-24-2020, 12:10 AM
6spd, diamond graphite on stone grey interior
New gauge overlays

kind of interesting gauge overlays

Old 05-19-2020, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey kieth, are you still doing this mod?

Old 06-27-2020, 10:51 PM
Stock G35 needing a serious power upgrade
Originally Posted by Keith Poley
I do this for people if anyone is interested
Any car, doesnt matter. I do much more too.

If you’re still doing this where are you located??

Old 11-11-2020, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Black interior and exterior, manual transmission coupe with sport package
07 coupe

I'd like to do my interior lights in red, I have an 07 coupe. So from what I've read the 07 has leds in the ac/clock area as well as gauge cluster. Would this be easy to do or does it require soldering? What about the radio controls? Also would this be possible to do on the Metra double din kit if anyone knows? Any and all answers appreciated!

Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Any photos for the white gauge cluster? I'm trying to get this done on mine

Old 01-27-2021, 12:20 AM
Project
Originally Posted by kelg35sey
I have a 2004 g35 coupe and the dash lights are orange (I am not just talking about the gauges, I mean everything on the dash)...does anyone know how I can change them to blue or is there any kits out there?
go check custom.me.simon on IG I think i know what you mean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to change color of dash lights from orange to blue?