Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:31 PM
zap
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am purchasing new black door armrest panels (to replace the awful scratched ones) since my warranty is up. Does anyone know how to pop them off so I can put the new ones on?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by 6mtgofast
Hey guys, my problem is a little different. I have a 2003, the leather/ back foam is peeling off the door on one side and the back panels to. Anyone know how to remove the back panels (or is there a DIY) so I can repair it easily? Thanks.
I have the exact same problem. See pic attached. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I ride with my windows down a lot, and I suspect that contributes to it. I suppose I can just add some adhesive to the leather/foam and stick it back on, but that seems like a hack. Would appreciate any help with this.

Attached Thumbnails Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...-imag0092.jpg  
Old 07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclonus99
I have the exact same problem. See pic attached. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I ride with my windows down a lot, and I suspect that contributes to it. I suppose I can just add some adhesive to the leather/foam and stick it back on, but that seems like a hack. Would appreciate any help with this.
yeah, i dont think there is any "correct fix" for this, im just going to dab a small line of super glue behind mine. then put a very little on the edges and push them in with a thin blade or a small screwdriver. i just had a friend ask me "if its supposed to be like that" today, i glared at him and didnt respond lol

Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Armrest peeling

Ok, I've read the posts...seems like more than a few people have problems with armrest paint chipping. When my car was in warranty, I asked about replacement and they said there was nothing they could do. Now my car is out of warranty. This is very frustrating, the car looks like a klunker from the inside. Any ideas, aftermarket parts, painting...anything?

Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty because they were garbage - especially the trim around the buttons on the steering wheel. Got a whole mew wheel and door trim that is still perfect. Much better material. Took lots of perseverance and visits to three dealers before they agreed. You may still have some luck despite warranty. The panels aren't expensive. It's the labour.

I have seen the door trim pieces (plastic that surrounds power window switches) on eBay from certain dealers in the US (I'm from canada) at very reasonable prices ($30?). There may be a DIY on it somewhere but I suspect it's pretty easy. Should be easy to see how to install once you remove the old part as you'll see where the clips are.

I have wood trim in my 2008 and it pealed right off the passenger door a month ago. Glue just let go. Infiniti in buffalo replaced it all free today. Toronto dealer would touch it for free despite Infiniti service bulletin.

Moral of story: nice car, crappy interior materials. Not sure if I'll buy another one. Good luck!

Originally Posted by cynthia.lee
Ok, I've read the posts...seems like more than a few people have problems with armrest paint chipping. When my car was in warranty, I asked about replacement and they said there was nothing they could do. Now my car is out of warranty. This is very frustrating, the car looks like a klunker from the inside. Any ideas, aftermarket parts, painting...anything?

The following users liked this post:
cynthia.lee (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
If I were to search for the replacement parts I need for the peeling arm rest, what key words would I use? I've tried Infinity interior overlay for arm rests, with not luck.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Search ebay seller "infinitipartsonline" or search for "Infiniti window switch door bezel". I just found 5 or 6 in grey or black right or left door.

Good luck.

Jeff

If I were to search for the replacement parts I need for the peeling arm rest, what key words would I use? I've tried Infinity interior overlay for arm rests, with not luck.

The following users liked this post:
cynthia.lee (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Help!!!

I just copied and pasted your e-bay motors search, and I got no hits! Any ideas? Ugh!

Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 AM
if all else fails. pull the pieces out, sand em down, smooth them out, paint them a piano black color(or your choice of color) and clear several times.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I just copied and pasted your e-bay motors search, and I got no hits! Any ideas? Ugh!
Send a PM and I can forward links to the cheapest parts available- doesnt cost much. Sorry you weren't among those that got warranty service but to be expected considering model year. Great feeling though when you get the new parts, makes it feel like a new interior since those parts are always in view for the driver.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I searched from Canada on my iphone on eBay for "door bezel Infiniti":

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.ca/searchresults;PdsSession=7310656b13b0a5aa8331ad91f ffa3555?kw=Door+bezel+infiniti&cmd=SREF&fads=All&c all=All&sort=BestMatch&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&isNewKw=t rue

Originally Posted by jtebb
Search ebay seller "infinitipartsonline" or search for "Infiniti window switch door bezel". I just found 5 or 6 in grey or black right or left door.

Good luck.

Jeff

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up Thank You!

Found the Bezel set through your link, and purchased it! Now just have to find somebody that can install...without scratching it!

Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Found the Bezel set through your link, and purchased it! Now just have to find somebody that can install...without scratching it!
You will find the new ones don't scratch like the old. It's not a coated product anymore but rather a consistent colour throughout.

Glad you had some success.

Just got my G back today after dealer replaced all door wood pieces. Looks new again. That makes for total repairs of:

1 hood sensor (causing alarm to go off)
2 rotors plained (due to bad pad retainer clip)
1 Entire steering wheel (peeling)
2 door switch bezels (peeling)
Wood trim on all four doors (glue let go)

All covered by Infiniti thank god. 77000 miles.

Now my navigation is out of whack. Keeps driving the icon off the road. Maybe an ecu reset?