color change interior in work! - Page 10 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

color change interior in work!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Great thread! great work. Im also doing interior work which is how I found the thread lol. I am having issues figuring out how I should take care of the beige plastic pieces (like the seatbelt arms and such) I am now thinking of painting it like you did but not sure on how well it would hold up since some parts are high traffic rubbing areas.

As for your visors. Mine are easier to do but in your case my suggestion would be to take 2 pieces of suede which you cut to visor size and stitch them on the edge on three sides ( leave the open area towards the back of the visor where it is less seen) Then turn that bag inside out and pull over the visor. Then you would stitch the back side shut

Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow this thread is good inspiration. My interior is black but I hate all of the top of which is biege.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
how are the painted door panels held up? i'm planning on painting it myself. as far as the door perforated inserts, i noticed you mentioned it should be dyed.. can it also be spray painted? which one would you prefer?

Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by stinkytofu89 View Post
how are the painted door panels held up? i'm planning on painting it myself. as far as the door perforated inserts, i noticed you mentioned it should be dyed.. can it also be spray painted? which one would you prefer?
Everything is holding up great except one high wear area of the seat. I sprayed the doors with the VHT, both the plastic and the inserts. All holding up great!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
is the dye coming off an on to your clothes

Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by beniscooler850 View Post
is the dye coming off an on to your clothes
Not at all, and I wear a lot of white shirts in the summer and it's been great.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
i did a very similar project, i had wheat interior and i blacked it all out, now i'm going with a 2 tone, black with red accents. I used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric in gloss black, worked like a charm on everything except the seats, i should of dyed the seats. i have a few spots where the paint is cracking on the seats but it doesn't stain clothes
went from this

to this

sorry don't have updated pics with the red and black floor mats and red and black steering wheel

Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
im thinking of redoing my willow interior all black with orange highlights on my OB coupe. thoughts? I just hate the idea of doing ALL black, I need some contrast. Where should i put my highlights? I was thinking around the clock, maybe the arm rest and shift area, wheel, and the smaller part of the seat(where you butt and lower back go)

Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
just finished the seats , just waiting on the driver bottom replacement leather its ripped so i decided to replace then dye

Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 PM
has anyone messed with 2006 door panels? i would like to know if they can be seperated into pieces once the panel comes off the door? i have a stone interior so the top half is already black but the bottom piece is light gray, also the 06 has leather armrest while the panel is plastic, so i need to dye the leather and paint the plastic

Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit View Post
has anyone messed with 2006 door panels? i would like to know if they can be seperated into pieces once the panel comes off the door? i have a stone interior so the top half is already black but the bottom piece is light gray, also the 06 has leather armrest while the panel is plastic, so i need to dye the leather and paint the plastic
bump...anyone?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by G35-31 View Post
just finished the seats , just waiting on the driver bottom replacement leather its ripped so i decided to replace then dye

damn that looks good man. I never really liked this color interior untill I recently saw it on m35.....so I might try this myself

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit View Post
anyone?!?!?!!?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by G35-31 View Post
ok guys ive wanted black interior for a while , i cant find a full interior forsale so i decided to start doing it myself .. im using dupi color interior paint i first wiped down the panels with thinner to clear the oils, then i preped with adhesion permoter, then added color 2 coats... its all not done but heres some pics of the progress

Hopeful to get a response out of this old thread. I am about to undergo this process myself. Any idea how much paint you used? 12 oz aerosol cans, I'm assuming. I am specifically referring to the plastics, as the leathers will be reupholstered. I know if I jump the gun and assume how much paint I will need, I will either buy way too much or not enough to finish the project over the weekend I set aside for this.

Thanks!