Notices

Review of RJM Performance adjustable clutch pedal bracket

Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Aku
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh sorry forgot to update this.

Long ish story lol.

So I bought the new CMC and then couldn't get the system to bleed at all. Decided that the slave was clogged or bad or what ever so I went ahead and picked up a new slave as well. Solved that issue but half way through rebleeding the system I realized something was really wrong with the clutch fork as it was making contact with the slave protective shield thingy. Turns out the Clutch Fork Pivot ball had sheared itself in half. So I pulled the trans out and replaced that and the clutch fork with the upgraded solid cast iron units and tossed the trans back in and rebled the system again and everything is just peachy now.

So that pop I felt was probably when the pivot ball sheared and I replaced the CMC and Slave when I probably didn't need to but what ever now I have new parts.

Thanks for following up with me.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Bought my bracket over two months ago and didnt get the chance to install it till the past weekend, biggest mistake was not installing it the day i received it. This bracket made the car feel like a brand new car, clutch is just perfect in everyway whether its the feel of the pedal, travel distance or engagement/disengagement point. This is the way Infiniti should have made it from the factory.

So far this has to be the best $150 bucks i spent on the G.

Ryan, Thank you so much for such an awesome, clean straight forward instructions.

Ryan was also great at getting back to me ASAP! Definitely will do business again.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
About to order mine now

Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
G35
DO IT! well well worth it

The following users liked this post:
g35pillow (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Aku, Glad to hear you got it all sorted out in the end. Sounds like your friction point moving on you may have been the ball stud giving way a little at a time until it finally sheared off. Good thing it happened at home and not on the highway in traffic

Sam - You're very welcome I'm happy to hear your install went smoothly and enjoying the product

g35pillow - Thank you for the order! I just got it all boxed up and it'll be going out Express first thing in the morning. Check your email for the tracking number and Full Installation Guide

Old 06-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed mine, clutch feels great!

Only issue I'm having is the clutch rod doesn't screw in fully to the bracket, anyone have any tips? Its about half way threaded in, I know its not cross threaded since I took it out and put back in a few times. I tried a few different wrenches too

Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Desii, Yes you're the second customer to run into this from the last batch of kits. The fix is to either run an M8x1.25 tap through to chase the threads or get a single M8 bolt at the hardware store and run it through to clear the threads with a wrench. That will solve the problem.

What's happened is I think a couple of the clevis forks go out without having had the threads chased a second time after forming. These parts actually get tapped twice during production. First they get tapped initially while they're still flat, then they get press formed into shape and finally tapped a second time to clear the threads after forming.
This is due to the hole distorting slightly when they're press formed causing the hole to go a little egg shaped right at the front (towards the inside of the U)
The second tapping clears that distortion but it seems a few got out without this step from the company that press forms these for me.

Since first hearing of this I've started tapping each fork myself before shipping to ensure no more leave with that issue and all my current built up stock has been checked for this.

Sorry you ran into this.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks ryan this worked well and afterwards the rod was very easy to turn.

Also is there a way to make the pedal stiffer?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Thumbs up

Desii, good to hear
To go stiffer you'll need to lower the AFP setting a little. The higher the AFP setting the lower the pedal pressure will be along with making the engagement window wider at the same time. Maybe try lowering it to around 50-60% and see how you like it.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:35 PM
G35
Love this mod, so worth the price

Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by NorthernG
Desii, good to hear
To go stiffer you'll need to lower the AFP setting a little. The higher the AFP setting the lower the pedal pressure will be along with making the engagement window wider at the same time. Maybe try lowering it to around 50-60% and see how you like it.

I ended up lowering ot all the way down, love the way the pedal feels now

Can't believe I waited so long to install this

Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Just installed my RJM clutch bracket and YES what everyone is saying is so true. I believe in seeing things for myself and this product does a world of difference. Great mod!!!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Installed mine today, love the thing. Downshifts with revmatches sound AND feel better, 1-2 gears feel smooth, my left leg is no longer twice as muscular as my right.

Ryan's a great seller, this is a killer bracket. It was nasty to install for someone with big hands and an aftermarket alarm/starter wired right next to the clutch, but still doable. Well worth it.

A++ would buy again.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I'm happy with mine installed about 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it was $400 that was necessary at this point. It ended up costing $250 for installation and $150 for part. Just not happy that it took so much in$tallation, honestly. Its not quite as "day/night" difference as I had hoped for.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jninja26
I'm happy with mine installed about 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it was $400 that was necessary at this point. It ended up costing $250 for installation and $150 for part. Just not happy that it took so much in$tallation, honestly. Its not quite as "day/night" difference as I had hoped for.
You paid too much. It was a hassle, but in the end seeing as how you're given detailed picture instructions it should cost no more than $100. You got robbed.

Getting this part for 150 bucks and installing yourself, you can't go wrong.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Review of RJM Performance adjustable clutch pedal bracket